Author Topic: A little help please?  (Read 1622 times)

bblaney

• Lieutenant
A little help please?
« on: 29 June 2018, 18:43:25 »
Hi guys,

I modified an Excalibur Dropship and now the pic is showing up as the mech. How do I change it back to the dropship pic?

Thanks
Quote from: Nanaki
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

Quote from: HABeas2
That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
Re: A little help please?
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2018, 18:47:35 »
Hi guys,

I modified an Excalibur Dropship and now the pic is showing up as the mech. How do I change it back to the dropship pic?

Thanks
It's in the naming of your Excalibur Dropship in the mechset.txt file. I don't know what you named it, exactly, so I can't type it out for you.
Open your mechset file. It should be pretty self-explanatory on how to fix that if you just look at the pattern of how files are named/assigned images.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2018, 18:58:08 »
It's in the naming of your Excalibur Dropship in the mechset.txt file. I don't know what you named it, exactly, so I can't type it out for you.
Open your mechset file. It should be pretty self-explanatory on how to fix that if you just look at the pattern of how files are named/assigned images.

Thanks

That gives me a starting point
Realism is not going to cut it, Battletech is not a realistic universe by any stretch of the imagination, so please stop using it in an argument.

That's debatable, but let's face it; some folks gave them a pass because they were big and claimed to be Scottish.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 29 June 2018, 21:48:02 »
Please don't edit the mechset.txt.  For custom units make sure you add them to local_mechset.txt that is what that file is for.

The next time we do a release if you edit the mechset it gets overridden.  If you don't use the released mechset you'll have other images that won't work.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2018, 05:54:04 »
So where would I find the local version I need to modify?

Reason I ask is you have to use MegaMeklab to mod any dropships, as MekHQ can’t do it.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #5 on: 06 July 2018, 17:02:09 »
So where would I find the local version I need to modify?

Reason I ask is you have to use MegaMeklab to mod any dropships, as MekHQ can’t do it.

Sorry for the delay been on holiday.  The localclient_mechset.txt is in the MegaMek\data\images\units folder.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

bblaney

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 06 July 2018, 17:49:38 »
Sorry for the delay been on holiday.  The localclient_mechset.txt is in the MegaMek\data\images\units folder.

No worries

Thanks for your help