Register Register

Author Topic: Ideal ammo per weapon?  (Read 3251 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Re: Ideal ammo per weapon?
« Reply #60 on: 15 May 2019, 19:29:02 »
Fair points...  ::)

TigerShark

• Major
    • MekWars: Dominion
« Reply #61 on: 16 May 2019, 11:23:25 »
That's a really generous allocation. ~20 rounds of fire is usually too much for most games I've ever seen.
That's the deal, isn't it? It depends heavily on what type of play you engage in. I don't participate in pickup games. So it's the opposite experience: 10 rounds doesn't even last half the game for me. The answer to "what's a reasonable amount of ammo" can change depending on the size of the game, if it's a campaign setting, map sheet size, era, if specialty ammo is available, and so on. There is no one answer for every person.
  W W W . M E K W A R S - D O M I N I O N . C O M

"You will fight to the last soldier, and when you die, I will call upon your damned soul to speak horrible curses at the enemy."
     - Orders of Emperor Stefan Amaris to his troops

Mohammed As`Zaman Bey

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 26 May 2019, 12:17:58 »
  My rule of thumb is to ammo up for one shot per expected game turn, for most scenarios and 1 1/2 times if its a campaign and you may not have reload time. On average, my games take about 10-15 turns. One GM was so meticulous (anal) with setting up that we were lucky to get five turns in before having to call the game, so I tailored ammo loads accordingly.

Converting most of my unit's mechs to energy weapons saved an incredible amount of space usually taken up by tons of ammo.

Register