Register Register

Author Topic: IWM products not available?  (Read 795 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
IWM products not available?
« on: 06 August 2018, 22:53:55 »
Hey, I know that this might run into an NDA, but I have a question regarding IWM products.

A couple months ago I tried ordering a pack of hex bases from my local comic book shop, which is very willing to add anything I 'd like to their regular game orders.  It was listed as unavailable.  It's stayed unavailable, and when I stopped by today the owner noted that he's seen an increasing amount of Battletech minis get listed that way.

Is something happening?

Our Officer's Club is better than your Officer's Club.

Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
Re: IWM products not available?
« Reply #1 on: 06 August 2018, 22:57:16 »
It's their Distributor that is deciding not to carry Battletech...IWM is still making everything, ESPECIALLY hex bases, trust me on that...I'd know.  8)
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #2 on: 06 August 2018, 23:13:43 »
Yeah, hex bases have been the number one selling Battletech mini product since they were developed.  I was just wondering if there was anything going on on IWM's side.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2018, 00:16:41 »
I was at IWM's factory just 12hrs ago. They have boxes of hundreds of hex-bases, and many kinds beyond the standard style.
I DID clean them out of a number of mini's, but they were already working on a large order for PAX so not everything was available (to me). Also, many of the ones I was after were also incomplete on the shelf and needing additional casting (missing one or more parts), so I'll need to make another trip some other time...
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2018, 02:30:48 »
I will back up Dragon41673's and Hythos' sightings of Hex Bases (4) [20-800] being available in the wild.

They are a standard line in my orders with IWM and I have a couple sitting in my inventory (I would sell them to you but shipping from Australia to you will make it uneconomical for you). I assume if you were to jump on Dragon41673's Ares Games and Miniature webstore, he should have some to sell you.

Hythos - so I have you to blame for the delay in Melissa shipping my order that is stuck in Con Season hold pattern :(
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2018, 06:41:11 »
I will back up Dragon41673's and Hythos' sightings of Hex Bases (4) [20-800] being available in the wild.

They are a standard line in my orders with IWM and I have a couple sitting in my inventory (I would sell them to you but shipping from Australia to you will make it uneconomical for you). I assume if you were to jump on Dragon41673's Ares Games and Miniature webstore, he should have some to sell you.

Hythos - so I have you to blame for the delay in Melissa shipping my order that is stuck in Con Season hold pattern :(

Haha...no, it's GneCon you have to blame there! I had one order delyaed by 4 weeks, and another is still pending, and I just placed another this past Sunday. Maybe it's me too?  >:D

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2018, 07:10:44 »
I feel your pain.

My order was lodged in late June, but I knew it would get caught up with Historicon, I was hoping that Melissa would be able to pump it out before Gencon but I looks like it will now be after. My clients have been very patiently waiting.

So I will blame both of you, I cannot bring myself to blame Melissa  ^-^
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2018, 07:34:16 »
I feel your pain.

My order was lodged in late June, but I knew it would get caught up with Historicon, I was hoping that Melissa would be able to pump it out before Gencon but I looks like it will now be after. My clients have been very patiently waiting.

So I will blame both of you, I cannot bring myself to blame Melissa  ^-^

Never blame the wench!

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #8 on: 08 August 2018, 22:24:28 »
I had one order delayed by 4 weeks, and another is still pending, and I just placed another this past Sunday.

I Hope you guys weren't wanting a lot of Partisans.   :-\  I bought EIGHT of them Tuesday afternoon.  :o

:D

I did NOT buy any hex bases though, I Promise!  And Yes, I saw several blisters of them also!
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object.

Mini Mule Avatar by Steve Ronin! (BTU)

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2018, 01:45:20 »
So I've been looking around and I'm noticing a lot of stores seem to have been having trouble getting Battletech minis in.  My local gamestore's distributor is down to listing only 27 minis in its inventory, with only 5 in stock.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2018, 06:47:30 »
So I've been looking around and I'm noticing a lot of stores seem to have been having trouble getting Battletech minis in.  My local gamestore's distributor is down to listing only 27 minis in its inventory, with only 5 in stock.

Yeah...that's most likely because of this same post...

It's their Distributor that is deciding not to carry Battletech...<snip>

A lot of physical stores don't order direct, they go through distribution so they can pad their shipments to hit free shipping. It keeps profits high and costs down.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2018, 13:25:22 »
A lot of physical stores don't order direct, they go through distribution so they can pad their shipments to hit free shipping. It keeps profits high and costs down.

Also less labor -- they're picking one order from a large list (or two or three -- my local store uses a couple of distributors), instead of chasing down a number of manufacturers.

...or so my local store owner tells me as he explains why he won't order from IWM (or anyone) directly despite of the difficulties of getting Battletech minis through his supply chain.  :P

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2018, 13:47:49 »
Also less labor -- they're picking one order from a large list (or two or three -- my local store uses a couple of distributors), instead of chasing down a number of manufacturers.

...or so my local store owner tells me as he explains why he won't order from IWM (or anyone) directly despite of the difficulties of getting Battletech minis through his supply chain.  :P

I hear ya...kind of a bad situation either way.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Colonel
  • Wipe your mouth!
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2018, 13:50:57 »
I only know of a couple of stores that bothered with ordering directly from IWM, and both of them sell a lot more Battletech minis than most places.

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #14 on: 29 August 2018, 17:20:41 »

My local group is trying to get together a order for the local store to put in to IWM for things they cannot get from their distributor- a way of encouraging them to carry some of the iconic mechs like the Timberwolf, Dire Wolf, Summoner, and some of the IS ones not in the new boxes.
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.