Register Register

Author Topic: Phoenix, AZ - League Campaign  (Read 1213 times)

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Phoenix, AZ - League Campaign
« Reply #60 on: 09 November 2018, 02:19:35 »
To clarify, shooting at the building is what we are trying to stop with that ruling right?

For example, A running mech that skids on all the concrete on these maps & does damage that way doesn't forfeit the VC right?
Or Dislocation from Push/DFA, or Side-slipping hover/vtol, etc etc etc, isn't an issue.

Just clarifying what you mean by damage,  AKA,  its shooting at it, or more specifically causing it collapse/be destroyed & deny someone else VC that you're discouraging.

And finally,  since your attempting to stop "Richard-ness".    Can you rule that placing the building underwater would also be illegal since that isn't spelled out.
But oh the joy of having to attack it Scuba infantry  ;)
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #61 on: 09 November 2018, 14:27:01 »
While the basic purpose of that rule is to prevent winning via building destruction, it's also to avoid other "alternative" means of building entry. For instance, one could drive an APC into the building to dump infantry directly into cover. If I say "deliberate" I can see someone setting up an "accidental" skid to have the same effect; therefore, any damage forfeits the VC. If you push an enemy into it, it's your fault; if you skid into it, you should have driven more carefully.

And yes, I'll mention at game time that the building must be placed in a clear or paved hex. No rubble, trees, or water. (But it need not be on level 0.) But now I want to do a "Dropship salvage" mission where the dropship crashed into deep water.  >:D

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: 09 November 2018, 17:20:37 »
Ok, I've changed my mind.   

I hear by formally disagree with this rule now.

Preserving the building I can get behind, but removing perfectly valid "tactical" entry methods I can't.   You always tell us you want the best TACTICS to win.

The SWAT team doesn't preserve your door jam when they raid your house...........They shoot the hinges out or blow it with a breaching charge.

If I'm willing to risk the 13+ PSR & take damage to my vehicle then I should be able to ram my APC through the front class window dang it.   ::)

It does occur to me that I likely would never get back out of the building after being immobilized as shards of class & window frame pierces my hoverskirt, xp, but I at least want the option of being stupid. 

This is America.  ;D  I wanna get my redneck on.   :D

I have it all planned out.......... the sounds of a swamp boat fan,  the hoots & howls of laughter coming from Marauder BA  (Possibly a few screams of fear),  as my Savannah Master once again approaches at 200+ KPH & delivers on time better than the Domino's driver.   

Round 1, in the building,  now, how do we get out?     We don't know..... we leave that for the Generals to figure out.
« Last Edit: 09 November 2018, 17:30:24 by Hellraiser »

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 10 November 2018, 19:20:10 »
Note to self.

If you arrive at Game Depot & there are a bunch of strangers at your BattleTech table....

It's not that they are at your BattleTech table, it's that you are a week early.

Note to self. 

This is the 2nd time in a decade you have shown up on the wrong day.

Perhaps senility is setting in.

Note to self.

You wouldn't be there on the wrong day if we had weekly games.

Yes yes, its Joel's fault for not having weekly games....  If we had weekly games you'd always arrive on the right day.

Note to self.

Commence plan to bribe Joel's family to let him have weekly games.

Teenagers are greedy & in need of money.  They would probably quit soccer for $20.

Note to self.

You are also greedy & in need of money.  Form a new plan.  Learn how to read.

Sigh....  I really did swear we were playing on my 4-day weekend.     :-[  :-[

Ah well, I guess I'll have to actually do my homework before its due.  DOH!

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #64 on: 11 November 2018, 00:07:15 »
My daughter hasn't played soccer for several years now. Other stuff, though... Especially at this time of year. Not counting my daughter's stuff, I have four concerts in eight days at the start of December. (And I know this because I USE MY CALENDAR.  ;) )

Hellraiser

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 11 November 2018, 20:01:26 »
Cal...en....dar.... ?

What is this word?

No really, I did use it, I swear when I checked it a month ago that I was glad it was on a 4 day weekend.   And then never rechecked the game day message.   :-[

Which is why I think senility is setting in.   :))