Author Topic: MWO--Charger/Hatamoto-Chi  (Read 8618 times)

MarauderD

• Major

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: MWO--Charger/Hatamoto-Chi
« Reply #1 on: 31 August 2018, 21:41:04 »
Charger looks ugly.  It's just me though.

Hatamato not bad looking.

My question is how they going sell the Charger? She barely armed in comparison other mechs.  Well, maybe they will make her uber with MWO fixes.

Charger as at least one non-canon variant listed, CGR-1A1, CGR-1A5, CGR-3K, CGR-1A1(S), CGR-N7
Not sure what the 1A1(S) is either.
« Last Edit: 31 August 2018, 21:44:14 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 31 August 2018, 21:44:51 »
Yeah. I think I'll snag the Hatamoto. The CHarger has a slew of variants though. the one with the AC 20, the 3k, and others.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 31 August 2018, 22:16:07 »
I'm already seeing Aphrodite-A mods with thunderbolt launchers.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #4 on: 31 August 2018, 23:34:47 »
Just realized one of the Hatamoto variants'll have stealth armor.

Now I can just sit in a corner with Stealth Armor and MRM-80 and ambush people as an 80 ton ninja.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #5 on: 01 September 2018, 00:47:15 »
Charger as at least one non-canon variant listed, CGR-1A1, CGR-1A5, CGR-3K, CGR-1A1(S), CGR-N7
Not sure what the 1A1(S) is either.

The CGR-N7 is the hero 'Mech. MWO gives the hero 'mechs their own type numbers. CGR-1A1(S) is the limited/collector's edition of the CGR-1A1 and is functionally the same 'Mech.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: 01 September 2018, 01:58:56 »
Two non-canon variants, Shugo is the HTM-27T Hatamoto-Chi Daniel II minus the C3 Master.

Not a fan of the Charger head, but rest of both look quite nice. Easy to go Ultimate on both.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 01 September 2018, 02:27:16 »
But will the Hero Charger be dropped out of a dropship, sans pilot?

The CGR-N7 is the hero 'Mech. MWO gives the hero 'mechs their own type numbers. CGR-1A1(S) is the limited/collector's edition of the CGR-1A1 and is functionally the same 'Mech.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #8 on: 01 September 2018, 02:32:28 »
Oh, I want that CGR-1A1,but I hardly ever play MWO these days.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #9 on: 01 September 2018, 10:37:41 »
So that's what a Charger looks like when you chop off the top half of it's cockpit.  :-\

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #10 on: 01 September 2018, 23:20:22 »
More like someone sat on it's head.

I guess they couldn't make them too similar to one another.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: 02 September 2018, 05:14:52 »
Some people have floated the idea that as well as both designs sharing much in common that they also are resulting in reuse of existing MWO assets - the Charger head has the window layout of the Highlander, the Hatamato has the Victor window layout.

Could just be same artist syndrome, but the IIC 'Mechs have similar commonality with their Inner Sphere originals too for cockpit windows/cockpit layout...

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: 02 September 2018, 13:15:38 »
People have told me that's why they think MWO is dying.

Of course-why is that necessarily a bad thing? Sure, money and time sunk, but frankly, anything to give them the excuse to make a multiplayer that doesn't rely upon spaghettiware is a good thing.

Stormforge

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #13 on: 02 September 2018, 21:21:23 »
Charger is ugly as sin. Looks like, as stated above, they just took parts from an Awesome and maybe a Victor or Highlander. Why does it have what looks like a winch on its gut? Has it been designated as a mech recovery vehicle with that extra power produced by the huge 400 engine?

The Hatamoto-Chi on the other hand looks Bad Ass
« Last Edit: 02 September 2018, 21:28:41 by Stormforge »
If the enemy is in range most likely so are you.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #14 on: 02 September 2018, 22:34:05 »
Survival of MWO is important, helps keep Battletech in it's name

That said, i don't like where they went with the Charger.

I do wonder if the Challenger will appear as a variant, since itself was bad ass machine amongst the Succession War variants before AC/20 packing ones showed up.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #15 on: 03 September 2018, 06:35:59 »
Survival of MWO is important, helps keep Battletech in it's name

We have the HBS BattleTech game and MechWarrior 5 is coming so BattleTech will definitely remain in the view of computer games only players and with the same PGI 'Mech models to boot.

MW5 is perhaps part of why MWO quality has gone done, resources split between both has made many suggest MWO is B-Team which why so many little niggling quality issues on 'Mechs recently.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #16 on: 03 September 2018, 06:41:57 »
In general designs like this one might be going down in aesthetics (no idea about gameplay) but MWO has done quite a service to Battletech in terms of getting better aesthetics for the mechs. Your milleage might vary, of course :)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #17 on: 03 September 2018, 09:35:33 »
We have the HBS BattleTech game and MechWarrior 5 is coming so BattleTech will definitely remain in the view of computer games only players and with the same PGI 'Mech models to boot.

MW5 is perhaps part of why MWO quality has gone done, resources split between both has made many suggest MWO is B-Team which why so many little niggling quality issues on 'Mechs recently.
I would wager big money the mechs were seeing that seem not make sense like Vulcan, the Champion, the Charger/Hatanoto-chi are likely ending up in MW5 since they fit the era they're alleged to be playing in.  Champion (3025 Revised) Charger and Vulcan are from that earlier era.
« Last Edit: 06 December 2018, 21:39:32 by Wrangler »

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 03 September 2018, 14:49:32 »
It's not even always a mech quality issue-it's a balancing quality issue. The current Balance Overlord is often regarded as having less of an idea of what to do with his balancing than a brick wall. It's like a perpetual un-funning of the game. I'm not sure if that's game fatigue, or just them actively making machines worse.

I mean, the dequirkening was a bad idea because that just made the game even more same-ey, and a LOT of older mechs need love that could be rectified by a more aggressive and more balance-focused weapon retrofit+Redux mechpack campaign, but giving a Black Knight competitive hardpoints is evidently off-limits because it 'ruins' the art somehow, despite that fact that actually putting in the real effort to make the machines better would likely bring people back, instead of doing the bare minimum.

Edit; And that may sound like a meaningless rant. I'm really fatigued right now.
« Last Edit: 03 September 2018, 14:54:36 by Caedis Animus »

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: 06 December 2018, 16:23:33 »
'Mech images today apparently, but one slipped out early before being pulled...

Really still not getting a Charger vibe. I'm totally going to leave the main variant stock for the mech pack challenges :)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: 06 December 2018, 19:58:39 »

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #22 on: 06 December 2018, 20:17:23 »
Bet the Hatamoto gets a skull on it's chest for that skeletonized paint scheme (can remember the name of it).

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #23 on: 07 December 2018, 01:59:46 »
Hero Hatamoto confirmed!   ;D

Bet the Hatamoto gets a skull on it's chest for that skeletonized paint scheme (can remember the name of it).

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: 07 December 2018, 16:25:47 »
Few more paint schemes, without fire so you can make out reasonable detail.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 07 December 2018, 19:40:24 »
They should've had the first Hatamoto scheme be Davion or Steiner. Oh well.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #26 on: 07 December 2018, 19:48:19 »
They should've had the first Hatamoto scheme be Davion or Steiner. Oh well.

lolwut
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: 07 December 2018, 22:20:19 »
lolwut
Because it's funnier than a Kurita or Liao scheme, obviously.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #28 on: 08 December 2018, 23:47:14 »
Scale comparison

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #29 on: 09 December 2018, 07:05:01 »
It just accrued to me, why does the Charger have Evangelion Unit 1's paint scheme?

Register