Author Topic: The *literally* Never-Seen  (Read 163342 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: The *literally* Never-Seen
« Reply #1200 on: 11 September 2023, 17:19:45 »
This occurred to me: we’ve never gotten the Record Sheet for the Cestus in Flashpoint. IIRC Corporal Smiths customized Cestus with JJ but it keeps everything else weapon wise from what I remember.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1201 on: 12 September 2023, 13:10:03 »
This occurred to me: we’ve never gotten the Record Sheet for the Cestus in Flashpoint. IIRC Corporal Smiths customized Cestus with JJ but it keeps everything else weapon wise from what I remember.

I'd added that here, to the Mech-it-Lube, where I try and record unique designs we lack data for. https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,68211.msg1581307.html#msg1581307

I wonder though; it sounds A LOT like Candace (?) Liao's jumping Cestus from one of the Capellan Solution (?) books. So, I wonder if we got more data for that one, if we'd just find out it was a limited-production or higher-quality "Royal"-ish variant?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1202 on: 12 September 2023, 15:32:09 »
I'd added that here, to the Mech-it-Lube, where I try and record unique designs we lack data for. https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,68211.msg1581307.html#msg1581307

I wonder though; it sounds A LOT like Candace (?) Liao's jumping Cestus from one of the Capellan Solution (?) books. So, I wonder if we got more data for that one, if we'd just find out it was a limited-production or higher-quality "Royal"-ish variant?

I’ll bookmark that thread as well, but from first impressions needs an update lol

I forgot about her ride: I’ll have to check that book too.

I haven’t tried it out in MML in a while but for Jump Jets you need four tons of which their isn’t a lot to take away other than switching to FF and armor.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1203 on: 13 September 2023, 12:11:49 »
I’ll bookmark that thread as well, but from first impressions needs an update lol

Entirely possible.

I did just recently swap a few over from this thread to that one that I realized more properly belonged there, however, but it's not been posted to in quite some time.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1204 on: 13 September 2023, 22:39:51 »
Found something, Black Eagle primitive Dropship from the XTRO Primitives. Vol 2.
The mech carrier main variant been based on the combat vehicle carrier, it does have a MUL entry , has no record sheet or battle value.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1205 on: 13 September 2023, 23:46:39 »
Wheel Space Station of the Wheel System

There is this:

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wheeler_(Space_Station_class)

Same?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1206 on: 16 September 2023, 00:36:15 »
Found something, Black Eagle primitive Dropship from the XTRO Primitives. Vol 2.
The mech carrier main variant been based on the combat vehicle carrier, it does have a MUL entry , has no record sheet or battle value.

Oh. Yeah, that fits.

Wheel Space Station of the Wheel System

There is this:

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wheeler_(Space_Station_class)

Same?

TT

It could be.

Part of this list is getting things *like that* confirmed too. AFAIK; there is no connection but the name, the Space Station(S) of the Wheel system could be able type we have already seen or something new entirely.

The sarna article replicates the original Battletechnology article https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Wheel and describes two stations; the larger of which the wheeler dwarfs. While comparable, they are clearly different; the ice/gas-mining station is something we haven't seen yet, either.

Were it up to me I'd add a zero to the size of the Wheel station's grav deck and go from there. But then it also has the long needle-like structure, which we might see attributed in rules if we ever get the Gulf Breeze station recordsheet; the subject of which is said to be docked at it's base to the moon through a similar structure.

A.E. Housman

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1207 on: 06 December 2023, 21:59:09 »
Add to the MechWarrior equipment: TK Industries HG-90 Gyrojets Rifle, Finding Jardine

Herb hasn't graced us with a Gyrojet Shrapnel article yet so there's a perfect outlet for this, too.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1208 on: 07 December 2023, 04:45:51 »
Add to the MechWarrior equipment: TK Industries HG-90 Gyrojets Rifle, Finding Jardine

Herb hasn't graced us with a Gyrojet Shrapnel article yet so there's a perfect outlet for this, too.

Nice one! Thanks!

A.E. Housman

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1209 on: 14 December 2023, 07:00:32 »
From Proliferation Cycle, which I finally got to read.

Personal equipment

Mauser 480; the HAF standard laser rifle, capable of being modified into a non-lethal configuration
Waltham L-90 Service Laser; a Mackie-era laser pistol, potentially Terran in origin
Kawasaki Shuriken-12 Autopistol; a 15+1 shot handgun, able to be had with a snubnosed configuration, illegal in the Commonwealth
Mauser & Gray SP-7 SMG; a Lyran weapon apparently considered suitable for special operations use
Terran Arms XM30 Carbine; actually came across this during research; it's a bullpup assault rifle in service with the Terran Alliance Global Militia as of 2236 and it is mentioned in the short story "inverted"
PM231; a palm-coded officer's pistol also from Inverted, in use at the same time, by the same people as the XM30

Vehicles

Desert Cobra; another HAF VTOL design
"Firebringer"; an example of an unnamed(?) class of 1,000-ton cargo shuttles. From Prometheus Unbound
McQuiston-Class Cargo Shuttle; no further details offered(?). From Prometheus Unbound
Traveller-Class Mail shuttle; a type of dropshuttle or smallcraft, aerodyne in nature (because it taxis by itself), in use in the FWL in 2466 and apparently quite common then
Warlock; Clan Coyote early assault Omnimech, may be a working name for a design that was later renamed.

A.E. Housman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1210 on: 14 December 2023, 08:50:30 »
Terran Arms XM30 Carbine could be a version of the Vintage Auto Rifle?

I mean, name brand and all...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1211 on: 14 December 2023, 18:58:01 »
I think the Vintage Auto-Rifle is 20th century... that XM30 should have something above the V-AR's 2/3, but maybe short of the 4/4 of the "modern" Auto-Rifle...

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1212 on: 18 December 2023, 22:33:54 »
Terran Arms XM30 Carbine could be a version of the Vintage Auto Rifle?

I mean, name brand and all...

TT

I never considered that. Were there years, or periods attached to the "Vintage" weapons?

A.E. Housman

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1213 on: 19 December 2023, 01:03:43 »
No, but consider this 3000 was the most common era to start.

And if the weapon didn't have a time or era it was built mentioned, it would fall into "current" 3000 BC.

So, if the stat block said Star League, or anything in the fluff mentioning it, one could say it was around, or a earlier mod. of it.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1214 on: 19 December 2023, 04:22:59 »
Interstellar Operations (page 55) gives the bog standard Auto Rifle an intro date of "pre-space flight", so the XM30 could be that after all.  Or, since it's a name brand, it could be one of the equivalents that doesn't "jam on fumble".

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1215 on: 19 December 2023, 08:49:50 »

And if the weapon didn't have a time or era it was built mentioned, it would fall into "current" 3000 BC.

So, uh, bronze?
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1216 on: 19 December 2023, 09:00:53 »
Before Coolio. In 6000, the reincarnation of the legendary hip hop artist returns to earth to lead the 8th star league

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #1217 on: 19 December 2023, 09:55:19 »

Before Coolio. In 6000, the reincarnation of the legendary hip hop artist returns to earth to lead the 8th star league

Mind your NDA, man!

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1218 on: 19 December 2023, 12:58:22 »

Opposed by the rest of the Inner Sphere led by Legendary artist (and First Prince) Alfred Yankovich.

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #1219 on: 19 December 2023, 14:02:10 »
Opposed by the rest of the Inner Sphere led by Legendary artist (and First Prince) Alfred Yankovich.

"Bobby, Al Yankovich blew his brains out in the late 80's when people stopped buying his records. He's not worth gettin' into trouble over."
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1220 on: 19 December 2023, 23:19:47 »
*Meanwhile, in the Kerensky Cluster, Fire Mandrill Khan, Michael Jackson, is Moonwalking over his latest tantrum... *

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1221 on: 28 December 2023, 21:21:37 »
This thread is way more fun on the inside than it looks like to anyone happening on it.

A.E. Housman

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1222 on: 29 December 2023, 07:06:59 »

My gut feeling the jumping Cestus were prototypes variants which after Flashpoint novel commentary that for fluff reasons Cestus can't jump.  Which compounded them ultimately IRL been deemed as unique or failed one offs.  There zero mechanics that prevent them from having Jump Jets.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #1223 on: 01 January 2024, 23:42:33 »
My gut feeling the jumping Cestus were prototypes variants which after Flashpoint novel commentary that for fluff reasons Cestus can't jump.  Which compounded them ultimately IRL been deemed as unique or failed one offs.  There zero mechanics that prevent them from having Jump Jets.

Might have been. But the info we have is for one, single example. Since jump jets don't explicitly include tonnage for additional leg reinforcement, I figure that technically any mech could have them added.

Based on the Cestus physical configuration though, I *don't think* you'd pick one for your team for mech basket ball at Noisel though. Good elbows though.

A.E. Housman

Middcore

• Lieutenant
  • The Inner Sphere could always use more Heroes!
« Reply #1224 on: 02 January 2024, 03:15:35 »
The idea of certain 'mechs having jump jets just seems "wrong" to me based on their physical appearance. Battle of Tukayyid has a jumping Warhammer and I simply can't picture it. The Warhammer is so blocky and stompy.
I write BattleTech fanfics. You can find them all on ScribbleHub, and I welcome your comments.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #1225 on: 02 January 2024, 04:18:52 »
The idea of certain 'mechs having jump jets just seems "wrong" to me based on their physical appearance. Battle of Tukayyid has a jumping Warhammer and I simply can't picture it. The Warhammer is so blocky and stompy.

Actually, the Warhammer's progenitor from Macross features two thrusters on its lower back just for that purpose/flying around in space as Macross stuff is want to do.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1226 on: 02 January 2024, 04:24:07 »
That, and just look at a Battleaxe... ;)