Author Topic: San Diego Battletech  (Read 53014 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: San Diego Alpha Strike Association
« Reply #240 on: 02 November 2021, 23:16:02 »
As of now, game date is Saturday, November 13.  Game info to come later this week.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #241 on: 26 November 2021, 23:49:47 »
Howdy all.  Sorry the last game had to be cancelled.  Hopefully we can get together this next month.

December 11 is shaping up to be a good day for a game.  Three of us are in already.  As far as to what we're playing, votes are for Classic this time so far.  I'll give it to the end of the weekend, but unless a slew of votes for Alpha Strike come in, figure on this one being Classic.  Details will be out after this weekend.

Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day!  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Valkerie
« Last Edit: 30 November 2021, 00:37:31 by Valkerie »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #242 on: 30 November 2021, 00:37:16 »
Well, with no votes going any other way, we're playing Classic on Saturday, December 11.  Everyone bring a lance.  Details below:

Lance Composition: one mech of each weight class
BV limit: 6000 BV (Final unit BV must include the cost of skill upgrades)
Year Limit: 3080
Tech Level: Intro, Standard, Advanced (no experimental tech)
Mechs Allowed:  Canon Mechs only (no customs)
Lowest Skill Allowed:  Gunnery 2, Piloting 2
Game will be played on my new 4' x 6' neoprene hex mat and with some hex terrain as well.  I'll be at Game Empire at 10:00 that day to grab a table.

As to the game scenario, figure on a mix of objective points and points for damaging/killing mechs.

Depending on how many folks show, we may have to adjust forces a little to keep the game within a reasonable amount of time.

Send any questions my way.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #243 on: 09 December 2021, 18:08:59 »
Howdy all.  Friendly reminder that the game is this Saturday, December 11, at Game Empire.  Dice will be rolling by 10:30.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #244 on: 11 December 2021, 02:07:06 »
I am new and interesting kinds of ill and will be focused on sleeping and continuing to breathe while the games going on, but I look forward to the AAR.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

2nd Dragoon

• Private
San Diego Alpha Strike Association
« Reply #245 on: 11 December 2021, 18:55:17 »
Good game today.  My Loki's right torso and right arm armor was held together with bailing wire and chewing gum with just a little bit of duct tape.  One more hit on the right side and he would have lost the right side.  The other mechs had little or no damage...    Sorry no pictures, hope someone else took pictures.
Trust only kinsman for upon the battlefield there is only death and silence and the eternal coldness that surrounds us all. The glory comes only afterward when the fear and terror is forgotten as the tankard is refilled."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #246 on: 12 December 2021, 15:47:05 »
I'll try and post some pics tonight.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #247 on: 12 December 2021, 22:25:41 »
So good game everyone.  Some fun times, and nothing like an Urbanmech putting a head shot into a Royal Highlander (good job Baijiu!) While it was a team game, it quickly boiled down to some one on one brawling.  Between objective points and general slaughter, 2nd Dragoon and my buddy from up north won the day over Baijiu and myself.

We’ll get something going again next month.  I would like to start a new campaign, so let me know your thoughts on that.

Till then, Merry Christmas everyone!  Pics are attached.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #248 on: 12 December 2021, 22:27:37 »
And a few more.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #249 on: 05 January 2022, 00:03:33 »
Happy New Year everyone!  Hope you all survived the holidays and things were good.

Looking to get the games going again.  With all the COVID stuff going on right now, I'm leaning towards a tentative date of Saturday, January 29 for the next game.  That should give us some time to see where this latest surge is headed and then plan accordingly.  Thoughts?

Next game will be Alpha Strike.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #250 on: 18 January 2022, 00:35:17 »
Howdy all.  Game details for the 29th below:

Year: 3078 (Word of Blake Jihad)
Factions: Devlin Stone's Coalition vs. The Word of Blake
Max Force PV: 600 (this is per side, not per player)
Max Force Unit Count: 12
Units Allowed: BattleMechs, Combat Vehicles
Lowest Unit Skill Allowed: 2
Scenario: King of the Hill

Devlin Stone's Coalition has access to these factions (from the Master Unit List): IS General, All Houses (except Liao), Mercenary, Clans Wolf, Ghost Bear, Diamond Shark, and Nova Cat.

I will be running with the Word of Blake.  Let me know what side you would like to play and I'll get all the assignments out.  At this juncture, we're at four players.

Map will be city/industrial with a big fat hill in the middle.  Send any questions my way.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #251 on: 23 January 2022, 22:39:55 »
Howdy all.  Game is on and we will be at Game Empire this Satuday (January 29).  Dice will be rolling by 10:30 AM.

Be there or be square.  ;) :thumbsup:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #252 on: 25 January 2022, 12:27:36 »
And no sooner do I say that, we are now postponed until February due to cancellations.  :-\

Baijiu

• Recruit
« Reply #253 on: 15 February 2022, 20:00:30 »
Got my list for Stone's Coalition ready, looking forward to this Friday's game.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #254 on: 16 February 2022, 00:00:54 »
Got my list for Stone's Coalition ready, looking forward to this Friday's game.
Got it.  We are set to go for Friday at Game Empire.  It's going to take a bit to set up the board, so I'll be there at 10:00.  Should be rolling dice by 10:30, 10:45 at the latest.

And to anyone out there watching, you are welcome to come by and check out the action and join in, or just enjoy the view.

See ya all Friday!  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #255 on: 18 February 2022, 20:22:03 »
Great game today and I hope everyone had a good time.  Excellent king of the hill match.  Glad to meet some new players as well.  Those of you who stopped by, we hope to see at the next one.  :thumbsup:

Pictures coming shortly.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #256 on: 18 February 2022, 20:24:21 »
Pics!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #257 on: 18 February 2022, 20:26:18 »
Last batch.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #258 on: 12 March 2022, 22:03:32 »
Howdy all!  Hope the weekend is going well for everyone.

For the next group game, I'm looking at March 26 at Game Empire.  Game will be Alpha Strike, but the exact scenario will depend on how many folks are able to make it.  Map will be a city setup regardless.

Once I have a head count, I'll send the scenario out and the team info.

Looking forward to another good game!

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #259 on: 09 July 2022, 21:14:28 »
Oof, been a bad boy and not updating this.  Back to it!

Howdy all!  Next game is going to be Saturday afternoon on July 30th.  Exact time TBD, but figure somewhere around 1:00 or 2:00 at Game Empire.  This one is going to be set in the current timeline, so get your ilClan on.

I will send out game details by the 16th.  For now, expect the OpFor to be the Lyran Commonwealth.  Player side will be a faction yet to be determined, but will likely be a mix of mercs and local forces.

Let me know if you can join in on the fun!

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #260 on: 16 July 2022, 22:31:55 »
Howdy all.  For the July 30th Alpha Strike game we're going to keep things simple.  If you are coming, bring a couple of 150 PV lances.  Era is open.  The rest:
Tech Level:  All but Experimental
Units Allowed: Battlemechs, Combat Vehicles, Battle Armor
Skill Limit: None

Game type will be determined on game day.  Not sure how many folks are coming yet, and we may have multiple new players this time.  Looking to make things easy as possible.  Figure on going head to head, or a simple objective game.  I will be bringing extra lances that fit the bill if anyone just wants to show up and roll dice.
Map won't be anything crazy.  Few hills and forests, with a little bit of shallow water mixed in.

Looking forward to another good game day!  :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Valkerie

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #261 on: 17 July 2022, 03:50:49 »
Not sure yet on the 30th, but I did have another question: is anyone going to Comic-Con?  I noticed that there's going to be a group running Battletech there, at least on Thursday (the only day I have tickets for).  Also, if everything goes well with the painting phase of things, I'll be dressed as a Griffin.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #262 on: 17 July 2022, 20:31:45 »
I am not going.  Can't speak for anyone else.

Looking forward to seeing that Griffin costume.  8)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #263 on: 30 July 2022, 09:05:09 »
Game is still good to go.  Game Empire at 11:00 AM.

Extra lances and dice will be available if anyone just wants to step in and play.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #264 on: 30 July 2022, 23:30:02 »
Good game today.  Only three of us  made it, but we had a good battle, and had a new player step in and join us today.  Decided on a simple objective point capture scenario with four different players fighting over it.  My whole force bit the bullet, but I did win the title of most mechs to die on the objective without capturing it.  ;D

Next month’s game will be at At Ease Games this time.  Date to be determined.  Till then, stay frosty all.  8)

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #265 on: 05 August 2022, 19:09:15 »
Howdy all.  Next game will be at At Ease Games on Saturday, August 27.  Plan on rolling dice by 11:00.

I'll have game details out next week.

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #266 on: 25 August 2022, 22:58:36 »
Good eve all.  Reminder that we will be at At Ease Games this Saturday.  Dice rolling at 11:00 AM.

For anyone looking to stop by and check out the action, please feel free to do so.  If you want to join in, we can squeeze you in on the OpFor and get you rolling dice.

Looking forward to another great outing!

Cheers,
Valkerie

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #267 on: 26 August 2022, 22:30:23 »
Here's the game scenario.  Should have posted this sooner.  :facepalm:

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #268 on: 01 October 2022, 12:38:34 »
Howdy everyone.  Next game is scheduled for October 29th at Pair of Dice Games in Vista.  Game time will be 11:00 and it will be Alpha Strike.

Fleaboi

• Recruit
« Reply #269 on: 10 October 2022, 12:54:30 »
Hello, my pal and I are new to the game. We were hoping we could stop by and check it out. We have some Clan minis painted up as well. Sounds like a ton of fun!