Author Topic: Uh...hi...  (Read 8376 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Uh...hi...
« Reply #30 on: 22 December 2018, 18:37:25 »
To bad AcidQueen isn't still active. Having such passionate person writing for franchise would been cool.
« Last Edit: 22 December 2018, 21:55:56 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #31 on: 22 December 2018, 20:15:48 »
BattleTech - where less than 15 years active in the community makes you a “new guy”

Awesome, that would make me a "new guy" as I only stumbled onto the gaming forum on the interweb-thingy in 2012 even though I started with BT back in 1989 with Crescent Hawk's Inception and my addiction affliction hobby has grown from there.
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 23 December 2018, 03:14:36 »
To bad AcidQueen isn't still active. Having such passionate person writing for franchise would been cool.

The ToR wasn't about the cartoon, it was about the name of her group, FASA objected to the name Church of Battletech, she didn't want to change it, so they had a trial.

When she lost, they put their heads together and came up with the name Ministry Of Battletech, which FASA loved, and thus they changed their ranks from Primus/Precentor etc to Godfather/Godmother and so on. Jeez, that was a while ago...

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 23 December 2018, 08:23:21 »
The ToR wasn't about the cartoon, it was about the name of her group, FASA objected to the name Church of Battletech, she didn't want to change it, so they had a trial.

When she lost, they put their heads together and came up with the name Ministry Of Battletech, which FASA loved, and thus they changed their ranks from Primus/Precentor etc to Godfather/Godmother and so on. Jeez, that was a while ago...
I'm assuming that "AcidQueen" is Camille Klein.
The transcript of the Trial of Grievance they fought at FASA doesn't state the background (or I didn't see that on a quick glance) but it mentions her getting to drop a Tycho figurine from a 5th floor window. That would have been a figurine for the animated series, as Tycho produced this toy line. This context seems to indicate that the issue at hand was the cartoon show and not the name of the fan group.

If anybody can provide further information then I'd be very interested to learn more.

And yup, Camille Klein is credited for writing contributions to Field Manual: Periphery.
« Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 08:30:52 by Frabby »
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 23 December 2018, 08:44:34 »
The transcript of the Trial of Grievance they fought at FASA doesn't state the background (or I didn't see that on a quick glance) but it mentions her getting to drop a Tycho figurine from a 5th floor window. That would have been a figurine for the animated series, as Tycho produced this toy line. This context seems to indicate that the issue at hand was the cartoon show and not the name of the fan group.

If anybody can provide further information then I'd be very interested to learn more.

And yup, Camille Klein is credited for writing contributions to Field Manual: Periphery.

Unfortunately, it seems to be lost to the sands of time. I know that the Trial definitely was about the Church of Battletech, FASA didn't like the claim to a "Church" for some reason I was never able to discern. However, you are absolutely correct that she despised the cartoon, kept calling it the Kha'toon IIRC. I don't really blame her, but I know she lost the Trial, which was more like a friendly contest than a Trial, where both sides laid down conditions if they won.

More than happy to be proven wrong, but I read the above on her website the Ministry of Battletech, which is another thing that seems to be lost to the sands of time. It's probably out there somewhere in a cache server with no indexing. :-P

M-Rex

• Lieutenant
  • In Ferro, Veritas.
« Reply #35 on: 23 December 2018, 11:22:10 »
I have very fond memories of a group of us walking around Milwaukee at GenCon 2000, and Herb telling me about the Clans city on Strana Mechty...with the various districts and things. 

"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered his last round...

"Carrying stuff may be a sign of improper utilization of your minions." - 'Freelance Writer' Paul

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #36 on: 23 December 2018, 12:13:23 »

Sadly that passion faded out, she was supposed to write Wilson's Hussars for a FM but could only come up with a third of the word count and Herb had to replace her.

Peter Smith/Marauder is still around occasionally.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Spector

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
  • Sunlight is vastly overrated!
« Reply #37 on: 23 December 2018, 13:00:16 »
Wow, I feel ancient. The IRC days were quite fun.
*Insert clever saying/quote here*

Agent #333

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 23 December 2018, 13:28:38 »
Awesome, that would make me a "new guy" as I only stumbled onto the gaming forum on the interweb-thingy in 2012 even though I started with BT back in 1989 with Crescent Hawk's Inception and my addiction affliction hobby has grown from there.

I feel you there, I started with a copy of MechWarrior 1 from Activision back in 1989 and age 15. I actually thought it was based on the Robotech series and was disappointed that the Phawk looked like a Mecha but didn't actually fly.  However the next summer I was visiting my uncle in Madison and walked into a gaming store.  "This is a board game?!?!"

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #39 on: 23 December 2018, 23:29:02 »
Your name looks familiar.  I didn't get into the forums until after Fasa closed its doors while I was transitioning from High-School to Community College in 1999 or 2000.

I think it was when Fan Pro started making BT that the forums took off.  So, if that's old enough for you, I'm here. Still.

And, who here remembers the McNeill's Legion RPG campaign started by ...  Crap! Can't remember his handle, but I do remember MadDogMaddux helping with running the whole thing. 
« Last Edit: 23 December 2018, 23:36:54 by Daemion »
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 23 December 2018, 23:58:18 »
BattleTech - where less than 15 years active in the community makes you a “new guy”
I suppose that's me then, though I do remember a forum crash or two.

I've played Mechwarrior since forever, though.

Feenix74

• Captain
  • Lam's Phoenix Hawks
« Reply #41 on: 24 December 2018, 06:14:06 »
I feel you there, I started with a copy of MechWarrior 1 from Activision back in 1989 and age 15. I actually thought it was based on the Robotech series and was disappointed that the Phawk looked like a Mecha but didn't actually fly.  However the next summer I was visiting my uncle in Madison and walked into a gaming store.  "This is a board game?!?!"

Sounds like you got the bug in similar fashion to me - watched the unnamed TV series, played Crescent Hawks Inception, noticed that the Pixie LAM was very similar to a veritech, couple of years later saw the BT 2nd Ed box set and a rack full of BT minis in the gaming store in the city when me and my mates were picking up some AD&D minis and books, lusted after them for a few years until I could afford to buy the Jade Phoenix Trilogy novels and then the boxset. It was only after I returned from my 15 year BT sabbatical in 2012 and I joined this forum that I discovered the evil that the unnamed TV series had perpetrated on the unseen :'(
Incoming fire has the right of way.

The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.

Always remember that your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.

- excepts from Murphy's Laws of Combat

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #42 on: 25 December 2018, 12:58:28 »
Zeitgeist!  That's the guy's handle who ran the McNeill's Legion.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Solarmech

• Master Sergeant
  • MekTek Staff and BattleTech Heritic
« Reply #43 on: 25 December 2018, 14:52:44 »
Great. I'm older than most of the old timers. :( xp (Goes back to lurking). sm

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #44 on: 25 December 2018, 18:28:48 »
Howdy.

Any of the old guard still here?  Just checkin' in.

<tap, tap, tap...>  Is this thing on?

Hello there M-Rex.

Merry Christmas!
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 26 December 2018, 03:17:41 »
Great. I'm older than most of the old timers. :( xp (Goes back to lurking). sm
I got started in high school. one of my friends brought in the second edition boxed set and we played a quick battle during lunch.

after that I found my own copy and got a copy of 3025, and 3026. when It came out (and I had a pc) I got MechWarrior the pc game.

I have been fairly active in battletech ever since

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #46 on: 26 December 2018, 06:38:41 »
Hail M-Rex and well met !!

I've been around here since the "Warner's Battletech Universe" era. Different user name -> "Templar Knight".

Long tyme no type  ;)
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

mechnut450

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #47 on: 31 December 2018, 22:29:13 »
miss wombat and other  I not on as much these days I dont thin Papoose around anymore either.  I actually live near where he did before he moved . lol I miss the battletech gaming days I think my minis are so long in storage the reactors all ran out of fuel lol

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: 02 January 2019, 21:16:05 »
Sounds like you got the bug in similar fashion to me - watched the unnamed TV series, played Crescent Hawks Inception, noticed that the Pixie LAM was very similar to a veritech, couple of years later saw the BT 2nd Ed box set and a rack full of BT minis in the gaming store in the city when me and my mates were picking up some AD&D minis and books, lusted after them for a few years until I could afford to buy the Jade Phoenix Trilogy novels and then the boxset. It was only after I returned from my 15 year BT sabbatical in 2012 and I joined this forum that I discovered the evil that the unnamed TV series had perpetrated on the unseen :'(

I just saw that the "unnamed series" is now on amazon prime.  remembering as a sixth grader bemoaning that it was one every morning after I left for school and that they always took it off the air during the summer break.  Now watching it 35 years later its hard to stomach.  "Can I get a real captain in command please" ?  This guy couldn't lead a pack of rabid wolves to fresh meat.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #49 on: 02 January 2019, 23:17:31 »
That series has been on Amazon Prime for a few years.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #50 on: 03 January 2019, 03:00:39 »

Some details found here:  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.mecha/church$20of$20battletech%7Csort:date/rec.games.mecha/aYRASEfRzd0/T2RP0MMWBHsJ

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #51 on: 03 January 2019, 08:50:24 »
Some details found here:  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/rec.games.mecha/church$20of$20battletech%7Csort:date/rec.games.mecha/aYRASEfRzd0/T2RP0MMWBHsJ
Cool, thanks!
Though that doesn't establish either that the ToG was about the "Church of BattleTech", at least not any more than it was about the cartoon. The Sarna writeup for the Gausszilla may need a revamp anyways, and if nobody else does it first I'll probably draw up an article on Camille Klein while I'm at it. Anyone who knew her in her active time (or was active in the BT community around the same time as she) is welcome to add to that article any substantial information they may have.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Firesprocket

• Captain
  • 3601 S Broad St. Phila. PA 19148
« Reply #52 on: 03 January 2019, 11:36:07 »
You can do a Google search on rec.games.mecha and will find much of which you seek.  I posted that because it was the post that was, ahem, appropriate forum conforming posts of a few different ones I found.  While CK isn't confirmed around these parts, she is on FB and sighted in one of the bt international groups recently.

While I was in rec.games.mecha with a different handle, I can't say that I'm qualified to give you any additional info info outside of what you will find in the archive.  I can tell you that the matter of the cartoon and the cob/mob seem distinct (as much as I can remember and piece together items in the archive) and just seem to have resolved around the same time.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #53 on: 15 January 2019, 07:44:04 »
Here's something to test the old-timers; how many of the names were buds? ;)

Wombat resides with her parents, Truehart and Denise, two sisters,  AcidQueen and Camille, and numerous servants, most notably 97jedi, TeamNutmeg,  Daemion and Big Ken on the beautiful Off-Topic forum.
Wombat is entertaining the Admin twins Peter_Smith and Paul on Tara's veranda, flirting and trying to get information from them about Darklord223, the man she loves obsessively.

She sees her father riding wildly and runs to meet him. She complains about posting on the O/T forum, and her father tells her "Posts are the only thing worth living for, worth dying for -- notoriety's the only thing that lasts".

Wombat dresses for the barbeque at the Inner Sphere forum, Darklord223's father's plantation, and decides to wear an avatar Mammy finds inappropriate, "you can't show your pouch before three o'clock". Wombat wears the avatar anyway.
Much takes place at the Inner Sphere barbeque. Wombat is surrounded by beaus with the notable exception of Darklord223. She confronts Darklord223 in the library and discovers he's engaged to marry his cousin PorcelainGeisha. She slaps his face and he exits the room. Still in a rage she flings a vase at the mantel and Phacade sits up on the sofa where he had been concealed from Wombat and Darklord223, and had overheard their entire conversation. Phacade immediately knows Wombat for what she is and when she tells him he's no gentleman he responds, "And you, miss, are no marsupial!".

The men have a heated debate about the prospect of  a Flame War with the LoTB board and Phacade is the only one who thinks that CBT.com will lose, provoking PorcelainGeisha's brother MadDogMaddux to challenge him to a duel, which Phacade declines, not out of cowardice, but knowing he's a great shot and would certainly kill MadDogMaddux.

A rider arrives at the Inner Sphere forum and announces the Flame War has begun. All the men, except Darklord223 and Phacade, are jubilant. Wombat, meanwhile, has been flirting with Porcelain Geisha's sister WarWitch's fiance, I_LUV_WOB. I_LUV_WOB proposes marriage and Wombat accepts after seeing Darklord223 kiss PorcelainGeisha. Darklord223 and PorcelainGeisha and I_LUV_WOB and Wombat are married before the men go off to war.

Wombat is soon a widow as I_LUV_WOB dies of pneumonia. To bring her out of her depression, Big_Ken suggests a trip to Aunt Neko Bijin's in the General Discussion forum. Wombat is more than happy to go and Mammy Daedster is the only one who realizes she only wants to go to Atlanta because PorcelainGeisha is there and she'll get to see Darklord223 when he's home on leave.

In Atlanta Wombat meets Phacade again at a ball and scandalizes the crowd when she dances with him while still in mourning.
Darklord223 comes home on leave and Wombat begs him to tell her that he loves her. Being a weak-willed man, he complies with her request. He then returns to the war, which CBT is losing badly, leaving Wombat and a pregnant PorcelainGeisha behind.

As Cache advances on General Discussion, PorcelainGeisha goes into labor. Wombat goes to get Dr. Gabriel at the railroad yard, which serves as a makeshift hospital to thousands of wounded CBT posters, and is told he can't leave to deliver a baby. Wombat goes back to Aunt Neko's hoping Mr. Peanut, who bragged about being a midwife, will be able to handle the birth. Wombat slaps Mr. Peanut when she finds out he’d been spamming about his abilities, "I don't know nothin' about birthin' babies". Wombat manages to deliver PorcelainGeisha's son, Macsr01, with little assistance from Mr. Peanut.

Wombat learns that the LoTB Regiment has entered the CBT Main Index and sends Mr. Peanut to the local bordello run by madam TheSeaMonkey to get Phacade. He arrives with a nag and a wagon and takes Wombat, PorcelainGeisha and Mr. Peanut out of a flaming CBT forum  toward the O/T forum.

Phacade is touched by the bedraggled CBT posters and ashamed he hadn't joined them in battle. He kisses Wombat good bye against a fiery sky and leaves to join the CBT Army.

Wombat manages to get back to the O/T forum, which has been ravaged by the flame war. She finds her mother Daedster banned for excessive flatulence, her father Truehart gone mad, her sisters ill with spam fever and the only servants remaining are 97Jedi and Big_Ken. There's no new posts and no prospects of getting any. Wombat, suffering O/T deprivation, runs to the forum, posts an “I love Victor Davion” post, vomits and standing with fist raised declares, "I'll lie, cheat, steal or kill, but I'll never be Davionista again! As Randall Bills is my witness!"

Wombat, determined to revive the O/T forum, puts everyone to work posting relevant posts, much to the dislike of her family. One day a LoTB deserter appears and attempts to steal AcidQueen’s sig. Wombat flames him and PorcelainGeisha and she hide the body and keep the breach of Rule 6 a secret.

The Flame War ends and Darklord223 comes home. Wombat wants them to run away to www.heavymetalpro.com, but Darklord223 won't leave PorcelainGeisha and Macsr01.

Wombat owes $300 in back bandwidth on the O/T forum and has no way to pay the debt. O/T's former poster Worktroll, now a rich moderator, offers to buy the forum and Wombat throws dirty posts in his face. Worktroll backs away screaming threats and takes off wildly on a kitbash of his own devising, which looks too Macross-like, leading to him being permanently banned.
Wombat, desperate to save O/T, gets Mammy Daedster to make her an avatar from old 3rdCrucisLancer posts and is off to General Discussions to convince Phacade, who's being held prisoner by the LoTB regiment, to give her his password. Phacade believes her act until he sees her hands, roughened from hard typing. He refuses to give her the password.

Outside the jail Wombat spots Camille's beau Warner, a successful businessman. She plays up to him and gets him to marry her and save the O/T forum.

Darklord223 plans to take PorcelainGeisha and Beau to ChaosMarch, but Wombat complains to PorcelainGeisha that Darklord223 is being mean not wanting to stay and help her build a fashion advice business in the General Discussions forum. PorcelainGeisha chastises Darklord223 and, of course, he gives up his plans and stays.

Wombat builds a thriving lumber mill and becomes quite brazen, driving her buggy alone through Mechwarrior’s Hall where she's attacked and saved by the O/T forum's former foreman, Big Ken.

Darklord223 and some other men carry out a vigilante raid on Mechwarrior’s Hall. Darklord223 is wounded.  Phacade saves them from arrest by telling Fokker07, the the LoTB admin that they were with him at rec.games.mecha, a board of ill repute.
Phacade proposes to Wombat while she's between husbands and they get married and go to Hong Kong on their honeymoon. Phacade spends a fortune to restore the O/T forum to its original grandeur and builds a lavish thread in the General Discussions forum. They have a daughter, Joey Nichole’, but afraid of lessening her post count, Wombat doesn't want more children and refuses to [naughty] with Phacade.

At the Inner Sphere forum Wombat comforts a depressed Darklord223 by replying to him which is seen by onlookers and reported back to Phacade, who believes it was a proto-Flame War. Phacade gets drunk and uses Wombat’s username and password, then goes to Longwalker’s Archive taking Joey with him. Joey has post withdrawal syndrome and wants her mother, so Phacade brings her back to the General Discussions forum.

When they arrive, Phacade remarks that Wombat isn't looking well and she informs him she's pregnant. They have a vicious argument and Wombat falls down the stairs causing a mispost. Wombat calls for Phacade after the accident, but no one hears her ask for him.

Wombat visits PorcelainGeisha on her deathbed and PorcelainGeisha asks her to look after Darklord223 and little Beau.
After PorcelainGeisha's death Wombat realizes, too late, that she's really loved Phacade all along. Phacade is no longer in love with her and plans to leave for I_LUV_WOB. Wombat asks him, "But if you go what'll I do"? As Phacade exits he says, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!". A distraught Wombat comforts herself with thoughts of Off Topic, her source of strength, and says, "Off Topic ... Home ... I'll go home ... There must be some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another post".
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: 15 January 2019, 10:39:09 »
Aww jeez WT, we know that Wombat and Phacade are married and in Hong Kong. 

97Jedi, MadDogMaddox, TeamNutmeg were all a part of the AFFS High Command, even getting their picture in the Davion Field manual.

I remember Peter Smith and Camille Klein well enough, as they both were responsible for writing and fact checking large portions of the Capellan Field manual, along with Warner Doles.

Ruger always had Steiner space covered and who can forget the autocannon caliber debates that General308 was involved with?

And then there was HeroChip and his ideas for the Bop drive and WASP rounds for the gauss rifle.  That kept Cray entertained for ages.

Anyone else remember Rage?

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #55 on: 15 January 2019, 10:53:52 »
I think Team Nutmeg was a member of Clan Ken....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Paladin1

• Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: 15 January 2019, 11:10:57 »
I think Team Nutmeg was a member of Clan Ken....
Maybe later, but he absolutely was a member of the AFFSHC.  Do you remember him getting banned for his "dog bollocks" avatar when the Davion BOG colors were revised? 

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #57 on: 15 January 2019, 13:45:43 »

Anyone else remember Rage?

He stops in every so often to post still. Been a while, but the place tends to quiet down quite a bit between major product releases.
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #58 on: 15 January 2019, 17:56:37 »
Yikes... I think I remember some of those HeroChip "debates" with Cray...  ::)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #59 on: 15 January 2019, 18:12:31 »
HeroChip was gone from the boards before I joined, but I definitely remember the stories about him.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register