Register Register

Author Topic: Was there a decade gap in AeroSpace Fighter rulesets?  (Read 164 times)

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
Was there a decade gap in AeroSpace Fighter rulesets?
« on: 11 March 2019, 23:31:44 »
So, me and Liam's Ghost were disagreeing about whether or not BattleSpace counts as an AeroTech ruleset, and it occurred to me that BattleSpace doesn't have rules for constructing AeroSpace fighters. I know the 1990 Compendium had the full AeroTech rules, including LAMs and construction. Sarna.net says AeroTech 2 came out in 2000, and I assume it has rules to construct AeroSpace Fighters.

Were Fighter Construction Rules ever published in between those two books? ???
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)

Sartris

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Here for the Jokes
Re: Was there a decade gap in AeroSpace Fighter rulesets?
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2019, 09:22:15 »
Yeah that seems accurate. I’d have to to back and look but I don’t think aero got much official support in the scenario packs, especially post-‘94 when BTC:RoW was released and dropped the aero rules entirely. Iirc there were some scenarios in books like Twilight of the Clans had specifically battlespace support

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2019, 14:46:07 »
Battlespace had rules for converting into squadron stats any aerospace fighters that had been built with AT1 construction rules, but as it was a large ships focused game it had no fighter construction rules of its own.

skiltao

• Lieutenant
    • SkilTao's Gaming Blog
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2019, 15:34:42 »
Thanks for the confirmation, gents.
Blog: currently working on BattleMech manufacturing rates. (Faction Intros project will resume eventually.)
History of BattleTech: Handy chart for returning players. (last updated end of 2012)