Register Register

Author Topic: Opinions/feedback about some recent IWM sculpts  (Read 1732 times)

Sartris

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Hear me now and believe me later
Re: Opinions/feedback about some recent IWM sculpts
« Reply #30 on: 16 July 2019, 01:14:05 »
the primitive emperor is an absolute unit. really attractive mini. also will stop a man if you hit him in the head. 5 pieces.

i really like the ursus II. sturdy and looks good. mine had the hole in the torso filled in with excess pewter so i had to first saw off the glob and then drill out a hole. it's sturdy and the jump jets attached in the small peg very easily. 8 pieces

the scarecrow was a little delicate. maybe the smallest post for the hip piece i've seen on a BT mini. arm position is fixed. 8 pieces

Juodas Varnas

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 16 July 2019, 03:16:42 »
the primitive emperor is an absolute unit. really attractive mini. also will stop a man if you hit him in the head. 5 pieces.

i really like the ursus II. sturdy and looks good. mine had the hole in the torso filled in with excess pewter so i had to first saw off the glob and then drill out a hole. it's sturdy and the jump jets attached in the small peg very easily. 8 pieces

the scarecrow was a little delicate. maybe the smallest post for the hip piece i've seen on a BT mini. arm position is fixed. 8 pieces
Any chance for Pictures?  :D

The Scarecrow especially.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: 16 July 2019, 08:14:33 »
Any chance for Pictures?  :D

The Scarecrow especially.

I will have pictures done this week.

JadeHellbringer

• Твоя мать была хомяком ...
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
« Reply #34 on: 16 July 2019, 09:35:51 »
It isn't the size of the Kraken that bothers me, it's the weapons. The cannons look tiny, but that's an easy enough fix. A bit more difficult are the badly mismatched missile racks- they're ATM-6s, why are some of them one size and the other a totally different setup? It's one of maybe half a dozen minis on my 'never on my shelf' list as a result (and thus the XR was a welcome addition!)

...then again, with my well-documented luck using the Kraken-1, perhaps it's just as well I don't invest in the damned things much.  xp
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."

+Crow T. Robot+

Colt Ward

• Colonel
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #35 on: 16 July 2019, 12:26:39 »
Are the guns on the prim Emp separate?
Colt Ward

Beware the vengeance of a patient man.
Clan Invasion Backer #149

Luciora

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 16 July 2019, 13:41:59 »
Oh nice,  can't wait to order the Scarecrow and P Emperor.

Register