Author Topic: The Federated Sun's Reborn  (Read 258623 times)

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
Re: The Federated Sun's Reborn
« Reply #360 on: 14 July 2019, 14:07:59 »
is there a reason that a larger slip can not make many smaller ships.  say the BB slip is completed early or the design is delayed.  it is rated for 2m tons (just threw that number out their)  can it build 3 or maybe 2 smaller Davion III DDs at the same time?  finding funds to have a lot of BB's will be an issues.  the DC found this out, but if you can use the same slip to build many ships (of the same design) you can use "Economy of Scale" to make the ship a little cheaper.

Theoretically... Yes. Although it would be seen as a waste of the space to build 3-4 foxes say in a slip capable of taking a million tons. Better to build the larger ship, particularly as the larger ships take a LOT longer to build.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #361 on: 14 July 2019, 14:40:15 »
Theoretically... Yes. Although it would be seen as a waste of the space to build 3-4 foxes say in a slip capable of taking a million tons. Better to build the larger ship, particularly as the larger ships take a LOT longer to build.

okay.   :thumbsup:

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #362 on: 14 July 2019, 15:00:46 »
will ComStar want to a line of BL-9-KNT?  I just like ax carrying mechs.  I was thinking about all of those line being built, but what about a small shop like say the Diesel Brothers show DieselSellerz.  they make 6 x 6 pickup trucks.  I was thinking that might be a good way to bring back LAMS. 

Wild West Construction Group are a group of EX DC that were captured a reprisal raid from the DC.  The core group had 3 LAMs and who had families that worked in the Hun Ho and Irece for LexaTech.  What had started as a garage project to make repair parts to get their LAMs back into operation turns into a business.   Using parts on the open market and others they make they sell as spare parts for the rest of the owners of Stinger LAMs to keep in the battle.  after many years they now can "make" four "new" Stinger LAMs a year, but they produce enough spares parts.  the hard part has been buying or "copying" and hand building O/P LAMTRACK 50 TT&S.  in late 3066 they were given a small "loan" to bring production up to double that number of finished LAMs per year.  These special units would go to support special operation around the FS.  this caused a legal issue with LexaTech, that the FS is dealing with as they protect the only supplier of LAM parts.  IF this test case works out who knows. 

Things that pop into your head when your in the...….shower.   >:D

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #363 on: 14 July 2019, 18:16:14 »
At Valois Russou Howell arrives with the CSJ Stalking Mist and CSJ Osis' Pride.
I know the CSJ Streaking Mist - Black Lion-class what class is the CSJ Stalking Mist
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #364 on: 14 July 2019, 18:29:12 »
Word of Blake are really playing with fire here. I wonder what the hell they are thinking about, making attacks like this across multiple successor states?! Victor, Peter and Theodore would have every right to bring this to the Star League and start issuing pretty hefty threats towards Terra.

Of all the projects going on I'd probably expedite the Fox refit program (its actually surprising something like this wasn't already done, but I suppose those teams had been busy with the upgrades of the older designs) as a priority. Then look at chopping back the production program and reserving a third or perhaps even half your Corvette construction slips for a refit program, rotating the Fox's (starting with the oldest) though a deep maintenance and upgrade cycle.
In fact I'd suggest doing the same for the Avalons as soon as Galax has its slip completed. Not for new cruiser construction, but to start rotating the Avalon class ships through routine maintenance. It'll help keep availability at maximum - its not just about building the ships after all, but maintaining them.

Plus, you can then raid those ships crews to shove them onto the new construction carriers and destroyers and move the newbies onto the Fox IIs when they are ready for relaunch.

I'm also wondering what the Wolves will name their two new Corvettes. Puppy I and Puppy II would seem appropriate, but I don't think Khan Kell would accept that.

I also remain curious as to what is going on with the Covenant - a while back there was a chapter taking about how her crew was being mysteriously replaced, seemingly for a suicide run...
"I, the Baron of Strang, care not for your new names. Clans? Jade Falcons? I call you by your true name: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will, persecutors of the Periphery come back to lord it over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans!"

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

FedRatCowboy

• Master Sergeant
  • Loyal Knight of House Davion.
« Reply #365 on: 14 July 2019, 20:26:57 »
I know the CSJ Streaking Mist - Black Lion-class what class is the CSJ Stalking Mist

It could be one of the following unnamed ships that in its fleet: 1 Sovetskii Soyuz, 1 Congress, 1 Whirlwind, 2 Vincent, or 2 Fredasa class ships
"War is Hell. Combat is a mother ******."  --General Tommy Franks, US Army

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #366 on: 14 July 2019, 21:21:06 »
Probably just a mistype.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #367 on: 14 July 2019, 21:38:24 »
best way I can think of to deal with nerve agent is to use a naval laser,
no dispersion of particles its all just gone
and generally less collateral damage
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #368 on: 15 July 2019, 00:29:41 »
What are the chances that Thugees will launch some attacks on 151st?
Shoot first, laugh later.

kelgar04

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #369 on: 15 July 2019, 05:07:07 »

There lunatics who’s leader or divine avatar (can’t remember which they prefer in canon) has been taken captive I expect they will attack both the 151st and the Red lancers.

They will also probably use and weapons they can lay hands on too. They are quite far from what could be considered sane.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #370 on: 15 July 2019, 05:24:19 »

Yup it was a typo, sorry about that. Changed now to CSJ Streaking Mist. Thanks.

Word of Blake are really playing with fire here. I wonder what the hell they are thinking about, making attacks like this across multiple successor states?! Victor, Peter and Theodore would have every right to bring this to the Star League and start issuing pretty hefty threats towards Terra.

Of all the projects going on I'd probably expedite the Fox refit program (its actually surprising something like this wasn't already done, but I suppose those teams had been busy with the upgrades of the older designs) as a priority. Then look at chopping back the production program and reserving a third or perhaps even half your Corvette construction slips for a refit program, rotating the Fox's (starting with the oldest) though a deep maintenance and upgrade cycle.
In fact I'd suggest doing the same for the Avalons as soon as Galax has its slip completed. Not for new cruiser construction, but to start rotating the Avalon class ships through routine maintenance. It'll help keep availability at maximum - its not just about building the ships after all, but maintaining them.

Plus, you can then raid those ships crews to shove them onto the new construction carriers and destroyers and move the newbies onto the Fox IIs when they are ready for relaunch.

I'm also wondering what the Wolves will name their two new Corvettes. Puppy I and Puppy II would seem appropriate, but I don't think Khan Kell would accept that.

I also remain curious as to what is going on with the Covenant - a while back there was a chapter taking about how her crew was being mysteriously replaced, seemingly for a suicide run...

The WOB are fanatics and they feel they have to "keep up the momentum" against their heretical brothers. Is that wise? No. But remember they see a "window" right now. The comguards were mauled at Caph and the WOB don't want to give them time to repair the damage.

There's going to be a specific refit yard built pretty soon - in fact probably 2-3 of them, to refit ships up to new standards and repair damage as required. Still deciding on locations - Draconis March probably Verde as it's the only shipyard in the march. A new location for the Crucis March one - preferably close to both marches, so was thinking Markesan. As for the Capellan March one - could be anywhere, at Kathil/New Syrtis/Firgrove/etc...

best way I can think of to deal with nerve agent is to use a naval laser,
no dispersion of particles its all just gone
and generally less collateral damage

That would be the smart way - but I'd guess that certain people are thinking they'd quite like to have any remaining stock.

If they get a chance: High.

There lunatics who’s leader or divine avatar (can’t remember which they prefer in canon) has been taken captive I expect they will attack both the 151st and the Red lancers.

They will also probably use and weapons they can lay hands on too. They are quite far from what could be considered sane.

They are a bit on the nutty side it's true. They did after all attempt to attack one of the most elite AFFS regiments with 4 companies of what was effectively cadets. Okay they didn't know they were going to run into a 2nd FSAC but even if they only thought it was the 1st they should have known that was going to end in a slaughter.

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #371 on: 15 July 2019, 08:40:57 »

The WOB are fanatics and they feel they have to "keep up the momentum" against their heretical brothers. Is that wise? No. But remember they see a "window" right now. The comguards were mauled at Caph and the WOB don't want to give them time to repair the damage.

I get that, but they were at least able to hold the crazy in check for a while in the OTL. Here? Sure the ComGuards were mauled at Caph, but so was their own force and warship fleet in that and some other engagements. And ComStar is rebuilding pretty quickly now thanks to the Federated Suns (God knows how many Battle Suits they are going to be running around with but I bet 'A LOT' is the answer). Its one thing to fight in the Chaos march and their so-called 'protectorate', politically, but launching terrorist attacks against the Federated Suns, Lyran Commonwealth and Draconis Combine, killing their civilians in the process for what amount to nuisance attacks against HPG stations?

Someone REALLY didn't bother to do a cost/benefit analysis here I think of the political damage opposed to the practical gains...

Of course, the lovely thing about the WOB is that you have enough crackpot factions and sub-factions that some idiot thought it would be a brilliant idea and decided to burn a whole heep of ROM assets to pull off these attacks, certain it was BLAKES HOLY WILL. And now the (increasingly few) grown ups in the WOB have to desperately find a way to spin this or calm things down before the DC, FS and LC are forced (like Victor was after Talon) to pointedly hit back at a pretty overt act of war by going into the Chaos march and blowing up a dozen WOB HPGs and slaughtering a couple of divisions or something...

There's going to be a specific refit yard built pretty soon - in fact probably 2-3 of them, to refit ships up to new standards and repair damage as required. Still deciding on locations - Draconis March probably Verde as it's the only shipyard in the march. A new location for the Crucis March one - preferably close to both marches, so was thinking Markesan. As for the Capellan March one - could be anywhere, at Kathil/New Syrtis/Firgrove/etc...

Ideally you'd want them at least 2 jumps back from the border, minimum - and away from your other shipyards. Defensive depth in your shipyards is something the Federated Suns lacks and the repair yards should be separated from the main shipyards so even in the worst case that the primary yards are lost to crazy bull riders in nuclear gunships, you don't loose your fleet repair capacity...

Ideally what you'd really want are three yardships instead of 3 repair slips ... but that's probably well out of scope. I doubt ComStar would be at all keen to help Victor build such ships given that Dow loathes him.
"I, the Baron of Strang, care not for your new names. Clans? Jade Falcons? I call you by your true name: Scum of the Star League, traitors of free will, persecutors of the Periphery come back to lord it over freedom-loving people. Come ahead, you steel-eyed robots! Come ahead and taste what a million like-minded people think of you and your damn Clans!"

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #372 on: 15 July 2019, 12:53:34 »
3066 - July - A threat

July started with the formal creation of a 1st Woodstock Reinforced Training Battalion to support the now upgraded Woodstock Militia which had been upgraded to the 1st Woodstock Borderer regiment within the Borderer Brigade in August 3064. By now it is felt that the an attached Reinforced Training Battalion is very much called for to support the unit. This does raise some questions as to whether or not other Reinforced Training Battalions will be used to support raising Borderer regiments - Bell, Brockton, Conroe, Galtor and Sheraton all have such units but no Borderer regiment on the planet. Although Sheraton at least has the 1st Sheraton Knights and Galtor has the locally raised 3rd Robinson Rangers RCT. Behind the scenes Marshal Deedee Faulkner continues to push for the Sheraton Knights to be assigned to her Brigade.

The First Princes's sister and Isis Marik continue on their tour of the Outback, stopping at Mayetta before moving onto Savonburg. The fact that the two duchess's stopped at Mayetta and were greeted by the reformed Mayetta DMM in a full military ceremony is a telling point to many within the DMM unit which had laboured for years to rebuild after the attempted rebellion by the former incarnation of the unit under General Yalos. Many within the Mayetta DMM feel that this is an official sign that the loyalist elements of the unit and the new recruits who have joined since have been forgiven by New Avalon and Robinson for the rebellion and will now be allowed to put this behind them. This is helped when 2 weeks after Yvonne and Isis leave a shipment of new Sentry, Watchmen and Battle Hawk mechs arrives from the new plant on Woodbine for the unit. Numbering a full 2 companies of battlemechs this will bring the unit to almost full strength. Rather than sit back and wait for recruits General Anders Holbien who had been the senior officer left after the purges immedietly forms 2 provisional companies and opens slots up to members of the local militia and even civilians who can try out to show if they have what it takes. These 2 companies effectively form an ad-hoc training command within the Mayetta DMM. The training these would be mechwarriors will receive will be rough and ready and will result in a lowering of standards within the regiment but is seen by the various officers as a way of proving to the First Prince and Duke Sandoval that they will do their bit to rebuild their command.

During July Khan Nevversan has to fight 2 Trial's of Refusal for her plans to allow the lower castes to vote for the next saKhan. She is helped in this by the fact that Galaxy Commander Paul Moon and new Galaxy Commander Russou Howell support her in these Trials and actually fight at her side in them. With the leadership of the Warrior caste behind her she is able to survive the Trials. She also announces that the Clan's 2 warships will be renamed the CSJ Rebirth (Streaking Mist) and CSJ Steve Showers (Osis's Pride). Although both ships are desperately in need of a refit and repairs.

The Clan Nova Cat convoy also arrives during July. Bringing with it nearly 30,000 further former Smoke Jaguars. Most of these are Technician and Labourer Caste. Rather than scatter them to all 3 worlds that the Clan maintains envoys on Khan Nevversan has them land on Valois and begin construction of a factory complex. While initially she was hoping to construct a production line to produce the iconic Dire Wolf or Warhawk omnimechs she is advised by the senior techs that this would place their existing capacity under a huge logistical and technological strain. As such it would be better to start with a standard battlemech design and use this factory as a means to expand infrastructure and skills for then building future omnimech factories. Considering the Clint IIC, Wyvern IIC, Guillotine IIC and Highlander IIC the Khan after taking advice from her Galaxy Commanders and Star Colonels decides to build a single line of Clint IIC and Guillotine IIC each for the time being. She also calls upon the First Prince to help her with this work and invites experienced technicians and engineers from Lycomb-Davion's rebuilding of their Guillotine line to help with the project and Andoran Industries technicians to help with the Clint line.

The Khan also signs a formal non-aggression pact with Clan Nova Cat, having made sure to seek the First Princes's approval for this before agreeing to it. The terms of this are that the Sun Jaguars and Nova Cat forces will not attack each others units deliberately and if they encounter each other on the battlefield without warning will fight according to the strict rules of Zellbrigen and will afford each other the option of Hegira. Two warrior peoples, they know that they currently serve different Successor States and war might be forced upon them but they agree to bury the old feud between the Smoke Jaguars and Nova Cats and form a new closer bond. Both Clans also include hidden provisions within the treaty to help each other in the even that their respective Successor State turns on them and to offer sanctuary. Even Khan Nevversan doesn't tell First Prince Victor Davion about this provision.

As well as approving of the 2 Clan's non aggression treaty the First Prince also formally recognised the Calderon Protectorate which announced it's secession from the Taurian Concordant this month. Dissent with the Lord Protecoter had been growing within VIth Corp and now Baron Kithrong had had enough with the formal opening of the new "Revenge Shipyards" above Taurus under the newly reformed Concordat Aerospace Limited. The 2 slips there immedietly began refitting the 4 Pinto class corvettes that had been supplied to the Concordat by the WOB. Given the name of the shipyards it was obvious what their purpose was and the First Prince swiftly granted full formal recognition to the Protectorate and invited them to take part in trade talks to help bolster their realm. No lesser person than Conrad Davion was dispatched aboard the FSS Broken Wheel to enter into talks.

On Novaya Zemyla the new Hatchetman line comes online and begins constructing the axe wielding medium battlemech for the AFFS. Work continues on the Axman class line which is not expected to be completed before 3067.

Maltex Corporation on Errai see's their flagship production line finish construction and for the first time in centuries new Thug class assault mechs roll of the production line. As with their Wyvern production line they offer the full proceeds of the line to the AFFS and thereafter certain AFFS affiliated mercenary commands. Only if there is any production spare after this do they offer any sales to the ComGuards. This is despite the FedSuns government trying to mediate between the company and Comstar. The AFFS however doesn't complain about a source of excellent assault mechs.

The ComGuards do however get a fresh source of battlemechs when the second Black Knight line enters production on Robinson and begins selling it's products exclusively to the ComGuards. These Black Knights are soon being used to rebuild command companies and lances throughout the ComGuards Divisions.

The ComGuards and AFFS also split the production of the new Demon combat tank factory that begins production on Verde in July. Given the wide variety of excellent combat vehicles available to the AFFS and the fact they already have access to the Demon from El Dorado and Belladonna the bulk of the new Demons produced are routed to the ComGuards. Which brings in even more sales revenues and taxes to the Federated Suns. With the increase in production across the entirety of the Military Industrial sector along with increasing export sales - "war is beginning to pay for itself" as one treasury spokesperson comments.

The first of the initial Monoliths laid down at Delevan enter service and are immedietly assigned to various front line RCT's. With the new production from Panpour and other jumpship designs such as the Merchant class ships being produced at Filtvelt in ever increasing numbers the Federated Sun's is beginning to be able to provide ample shipping for it's own needs. At the same time a license was finally allowed by the FWL for SelaSys to provide Universal Air production rights to the Tramp jumpship. A new facility is immedietly started to build the LF equipped jumpship.

Galax at this time also receives a huge new order for A-3 Overlord dropships. The versatile craft have mostly been produced in very limited refits by Galax and from purchases from Skye's Shipil Company. The High Command is keen to massively increase the numbers of these pocket warships in case of war for secondary fronts and grants a major order to FedBoeing.

Within the Capellan Confederation Colonel Loren Jaffray barely escapes with his life after a Thugee assassin manages to break into his bedroom during the night. Only his Death Commando training allows him to kill the intruder and then only after receiving crippling damage to his neck. He will now require to talk with a voice synthesise for the rest of his life unless he can receive cutting edge medical treatment - which is barely available within the Capellan Confederation at all, let along for a poorly thought of Colonel. The very fact he is still referred to as a Colonel is in itself something of an insult - as his proper rank within the CCAF would be Sang-shao.

Also within the Confederation the Red Lancers and 151st Light Horse regiment arrive at Highspire and begin dropping to secure the former Thugee cult cave network. They are met with fanatical resistance and the use of limited amounts of nerve agents by the defending "troops". Unfortunately for the Light Horse the Thugee's seem averse to engaging the Red Lancer and continually throw themselves at the SLDF regiment in fanatical attacks. Although the 2 elite units have no difficult in eventually securing the site and effectively wiping out the cultists the Light Horse suffers almost 40% casualties (almost all as a result of nerve agent attacks) compared to only a companies worth of fatalities to the Red Lancers. Many within the 151st are of the view that the Red Lancers held back and didn't rush to their aid letting them bleed for the victory and only moved in when the matter was almost over. To make matters worse when the professional teams attached to both units finally secure they site it is obvious that a large quantity of nerve agent is missing. Spirited away. When a surviving Thugee is interrogated about this he proudly announces that "Kali told them that they were coming and not to harm her brothers soldiers if possible... And to rush some of the agent to a hidden base.". He nor any of the other survivors know where this base is.

The 151st take the recovered nerve agent into custody and quickly leave the world of Highspire behind in disgust. Colonel Charles Antonescu sends his personal apologies for not having moved fast enough to seize the whole cache to not only the First Lord but also to Prince Victor. Both assure him that he did all he could and commend his soldiers for their bravery. Left unsaid is that someone on Sian told the Thugees that they were coming. The First Prince confirms also to the First Lord and the Colonel that he will fund the rebuilding of the 151st and supply all required material.

Privately Victor sends a communication to Chancellor Sun-Tzu Liao. In it he explains that any use of nerve agents by any citizen of the Confederation or use of nerve agent supplied by a citizen of the Confederation to a third party against the Federated Suns will be considered an act of war by the Federated Suns. One that will result in the AFFS and it's allies rolling over the border en masse and not stopping until they reach Sian or both Sun-Tzu and his crazy sister is dead. He assures the Chancellor that no threat of censure or even outright expulsion from the Second Star League will stop him from finishing what his father Hanse Davion started if the Capellan's sink so low as to use nerve agent against his people...

It is privately fed back to the First Prince that his message caused the usually calm Chancellor to fly into a murderous rage more befitting of his mother than him. There are even unconfirmed reports that the Chancellor briefly orders his sister's execution before rescinding the order just in time at the position she has placed him in.
« Last Edit: 16 July 2019, 03:25:48 by Billy Boy Mark II »

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #373 on: 15 July 2019, 18:49:34 »
I like the two IIC that sun jag are working on.  it make senses. Both parent designs are in production.  this will get the help in production but try to keep all of the Clan tech line on Clan worlds.  I would not build tanks, they can get ones from the FS.  same for dropships.  BA now that one is harder.  seems like a place for the WD to work together.  But I think after the two mech lines are being built.  how about adding a Fighter line.  Clans do not use that many but any extra could be "traded" to other Clans for "stuff"   

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #374 on: 15 July 2019, 18:51:44 »
The ‘Steve Showers’ ........

In the other hand the Clint IIC and Guillotine IIC are two solid second line mechs that pack quite a punch for their weight.

Also have you read the latest novel by Blaine Lee Pardoe Forever Faithful? You might also consider including its characters in the AU here: Is use the spoiler tag to describe what I had in mind but have limited time to post.

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #375 on: 16 July 2019, 03:16:57 »
I like the two IIC that sun jag are working on.  it make senses. Both parent designs are in production.  this will get the help in production but try to keep all of the Clan tech line on Clan worlds.  I would not build tanks, they can get ones from the FS.  same for dropships.  BA now that one is harder.  seems like a place for the WD to work together.  But I think after the two mech lines are being built.  how about adding a Fighter line.  Clans do not use that many but any extra could be "traded" to other Clans for "stuff"

They will want to put their "flagship" omnimechs into production asap, but yeah right now that would be overly ambitious. So they will for now content themselves with some IIC designs that can refill their touman. I'd agree with tanks and they might build a small dropship manufacturing plant but it would be a handful of vessels a year or refit plant for turning ordinary unions and overlords into clan versions.

A fighter line is definitely something they will build. BA probably trading with the Sharks eventually. Or licensing (if clans do that) the nova cat BA design for production.

The ‘Steve Showers’ ........

In the other hand the Clint IIC and Guillotine IIC are two solid second line mechs that pack quite a punch for their weight.

Also have you read the latest novel by Blaine Lee Pardoe Forever Faithful? You might also consider including its characters in the AU here: Is use the spoiler tag to describe what I had in mind but have limited time to post.

Steve Showers was the founder of the Showers Bloodname. So they are honouring him.

True I chose designs that are "solid" rather than flashy. I think they will probably add at least 1 more IIC design, probably the Highlander and then start a light omnimech.

I have yes - well almost finished it. For some reason I found it tough going although enjoyed the book.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #376 on: 16 July 2019, 04:43:44 »
Absolutely brilliant stuff. And tensions are building everwhere. I have a feeling that Victor saying that he does not care what the star league does if the Cappies should do something with nerve gas will be edited and used against him by the peace loving people of the Capellan Confederation.

Also you've removed a major trouble from the Wars of Reaving. The Jaguar (Howe) and his lot were a big chunk of the Societies forces. That's now gone and is many lightyears away.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Intermittent_Coherence

• Lieutenant
« Reply #377 on: 16 July 2019, 06:06:14 »
They will want to put their "flagship" omnimechs into production asap, but yeah right now that would be overly ambitious. So they will for now content themselves with some IIC designs that can refill their touman. I'd agree with tanks and they might build a small dropship manufacturing plant but it would be a handful of vessels a year or refit plant for turning ordinary unions and overlords into clan versions.
I'd go with Conjurer/Hellhound over Clint IIC myself. Heavier and tougher but cheaper to produce and with the same movement profile.
A fighter line is definitely something they will build. BA probably trading with the Sharks eventually. Or licensing (if clans do that) the nova cat BA design for production.

Clans do get the concept of a license, but the best way to get it is... surprise, surprise.. through a trial.

Steve Showers was the founder of the Showers Bloodname. So they are honouring him.

True I chose designs that are "solid" rather than flashy. I think they will probably add at least 1 more IIC design, probably the Highlander and then start a light omnimech.
Arctic Cheetah omni?

Chris OFarrell

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #378 on: 16 July 2019, 07:05:15 »
My God, someone actually dared to tell Sun Tzu that there are consequences for actions?!?! What madness is next, him being held to account for the actions of his citizens when they casually unleash WMDs and execute terrorist attacks against the FedSuns population?!?!

:thumbsup:

-Baron Stepan Von Strang

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #379 on: 16 July 2019, 07:21:14 »
3066 - August - Looking back to look forward

At the start of August the Federated Sun's Government made a major announcement that having had discussions with Veridian Dynamics that they were funding the reactivation of the production lines on both Ozawa and Torrence to produce at both plants the Vali artillery tank and the Tiger Medium Tank. While in the past the Vali had only been produced on Ozawa and the Tiger on Torrence it was felt in the new policy of redundancy in military industrial production that the 2 plants should have at least 1 line of each vehicle operating so as to avoid any future problems. A large economic package was put in place to support the company in reactivating and expanding it's production lines. What wasn't announced was that the Tiger Medium Tank would undergo a redesign to make it a lighter more streamline vehicle with increased armour while being designated a Militia Tank. Let the FedSun's enemies find that particular fact out the yard way. The Vali on the other hand was to be rushed to artillery battalions with front line RCT's.

This announcement would lead to an interest in other defunct or almost so companies and their possible rebirth/renaissance in the current economic climate. The successor company to Jolassa Armoured Vehicles, Jolassa-Kumbold Armoured Weapons for instance who had been considering hiring Interstellar Expeditions to begin excavating at the former factory on Bristol decide that now is the right time to do this. As such they present I-E with a large scale contract to fully excavate the destroyed factory in the hope of perhaps finding the specifications for the Fury Command Tank. Work will begin in November.

Another company considering this are Universal Air who begin looking at their former Ares shuttle craft in order to update it and offer it up for sale to the Federated Suns Navy. They begin work on turning the 25th Century design into a modern combatant.

The Duke of Verde, patron of the Vegan Rangers mercenary brigade, announces that he will be reforming the Delta Regiment and also starting a small battlemech production facility on Verde to help supply his Rangers. Lacking the clout or influence to obtain a cutting edge design the Duke has instead licensed the Shadow Hawk battlemech design to produce. Once it is fully operational the factory will produce a steady supply of the versatile medium mech to his regiments while also providing an income from sales to other mercenary units and even the AFFS. The newly formed Delta Regiment is mostly a motley collection of odds and ends and former Verde Defenders Planetary Militia. For the time being the roughly battalion strength Delta Regiment is assigned to Alpha Regiment as an auxiliary fourth battalion. It's contract is immedietly picked up by the AFFS and at the same rate as the other Vegan Rangers regiments despite it's green status as a nod to the sacrifice of the original Delta's.

During August the AFFS begins to store battlemech's produced from various companies at Filtvelt, New Syrtis, Robinson, Tancredi and Defiance. This is in anticipation of the upgrading or forming of their training units. At the same time funds are release to expand the Broken Wheel and Kilbourne Academies, with support being put in place to expand their cadet cadres to a full regiment - with the first cadets entering the academies in January 3067 and graduating in December 3069.

The AFFS High Command begin looking at any further locations for future Training Battalions and or new Borderer regiments. Although there are a number of candidates the world of Bromhead stands out as a world on the border of no less than 2 hostile states.

On Firgrove the Firgrove Consortium which is already constructing a production line for the Ahab begins looking into other older designs that they can update and offer up for sale either to the ComGuards or to the AFFS. They start by looking through the older designs from the Age of War and Star League era.

Bergan Industries new plant on Andalusia within the Crucis March finally completes work on the line to produce Waylander Mobile Base repair vehicles. As soon as it enters production a huge contract is immediately ordered, with the AFFS wishing to have at least a lance and preferably a company attached to every battlemech regiment or RCT. As such Bergan shelves their idea to build a Locust line in favour of building a second Waylander line.

The Exterminator line being built by Kallon Industries which was due to go online in June finally enters production in August. The teething problems for this design have been beyond a nightmare for the company but they finally manage to get finished battlemechs walking off the production line. The AFFS and ComGuards both buy their allotment of the design and begin testing them to make sure that the advanced technology within them work fully.

On Markesan the New Earth Trading Company has a third line of Von Luckners and a third line of Alacorn Mk VI tanks start production. By now the massive plant on Markesan is providing the AFFS and ComGuards with a steady stream of high quality main battle tanks, with more lines being built.

Corean Industries new plant on Northfield goes online and begins producing Devastator assault battlemechs for both the AFFS and ComGuards. The AFFS in particular are very fond of this design and end up buying not only their own quota but also some of the ComGuards quota and assigning them to such units as the Davion Assault Guards RCT and 8th Crucis Lancers RCT.

On Ozawa the new Kintaro battlemech line goes online alongside the updated existing line. Again the new production is offered up to the AFFS and ComGuards, but most of the production ends up going to the ComGuards as the AFFS is still reluctant to use this "Japanese" design with it's Kurita links.

On June Lycomb-Davion begin work on a third Stuka aerospace fighter line. The heavy fighter is popular with the Federated Suns Navy particularly as an anti-warship attack craft and demand has been increasing with squadrons being assigned to almost every Fox corvette entering service.

Within the Capellan Confederation a purge begins of any officers who might have links to Kali Liao. Unfortunately for the purge many of them seem to have disappeared into the woodwork and MASK is ordered to hunt them down. Sun-Tzu does not want anymore loose cannons bringing down potential AFFS retribution upon his realm before he is ready. As a first step to preparing for this is his public reformation of the 1st Capellan Chargers on the 21st August 3066 in the form of a huge parade through the streets of Sian's Forbidden City and past the Celestial Palace. A full regiment of 120 assault and heavy battlemechs march past the saluting Chancellor. Of course the pilots of the battlemechs aren't actually the new Chargers, but instead are drawn from the Dynasty Guard. This march is far to important to trust to green pilots after all. Once the parade is finished the actual pilots of the 1st Chargers will be given their battlemechs back and begin training as a regiment.

Within the FWL the Captain General summons both Knights of the Inner Sphere to Atreus. With his growing concerns regarding the WOB he wan't 2 units who he knows he can trust implicitly to protect himself and his family as well as the capital of the League. He begins arranging additional supplies and vehicles to be routed to the units he trusts.

Lord Protector Shraplen of the Taurian Concordat loudly declares that Baron Kithrong and his followers are traitors and denounces their secession. In a rambling speech he makes numerous references to this treachery being funded by the Federated Suns as a way to weaken the Taurian Concordat! All along both sides of the border the various regiments going to a heightened state of alert.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #380 on: 16 July 2019, 15:07:17 »
" Again the new production is offered up to the AFFS and ComGuards, but most of the production ends up going to the ComGuards as the AFFS is still reluctant to use this "Japanese" design with it's Kurita links. "

morons
if in a typical davion unit the kintaro is a great point guy, the griffons and trebuchet can use him as a spotter and if anyone actually closes with him, 3 SRM6s and a couple mediums will make them keep thier distance
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #381 on: 16 July 2019, 16:35:01 »
" Again the new production is offered up to the AFFS and ComGuards, but most of the production ends up going to the ComGuards as the AFFS is still reluctant to use this "Japanese" design with it's Kurita links. "

morons
if in a typical davion unit the kintaro is a great point guy, the griffons and trebuchet can use him as a spotter and if anyone actually closes with him, 3 SRM6s and a couple mediums will make them keep thier distance

Oh I agree... But while I am pro-Davion that doesn't mean they dont occasionally do something boneheaded and stupid!

David CGB

• Lieutenant
« Reply #382 on: 16 July 2019, 16:40:16 »

morons
Oh I agree... But while I am pro-Davion that doesn't mean they dont occasionally do something boneheaded and stupid!
Like with the Zeus battlemech, would have been a great mech for them to use
Federated Suns fan forever, Ghost Bear Fan since 1992, and as a Ghost Bear David Bekker star captain (in an Alt TL Loremaster)

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #383 on: 16 July 2019, 17:53:44 »
Like with the Zeus battlemech, would have been a great mech for them to use

To be fair I've always had a soft spot for the Zeus and might try and work it so that the AFFS does get some... :D

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #384 on: 16 July 2019, 18:41:56 »

To be fair I've always had a soft spot for the Zeus and might try and work it so that the AFFS does get some... :D

I thought the Zeus was "copied" from another 80ton mech.  can not remember which one.  or the LC can always us spare parts.   >:D

Billy Boy Mark II

• Lieutenant
« Reply #385 on: 16 July 2019, 18:58:05 »
3066 - August - Interlude: A message
Firebase Korvin
New Roland
Victoria Commonality
Capellan Confederation

Sitting at his desk Colonel Loren Jaffray tried to ignore the low level and constant pain in his neck as he stared at the slim data disk that had been delivered from the HPG by a robed WOB acolyte. Even several weeks after having been discharge he was barely able to focus through the grinding pain in his neck - although the doctors had offered him painkillers to help which he had refused. He know that to become an addict to opiates would doom any future military career he might have left. Instead he was attempting to overcome the pain with various low level painkillers, time and willpower while trying to talk as little as he had to in an effort to spare his ruined larynx as much as he could. With little success.

In an effort to concentrate on anything other than the pain he placed the data disk within the player on his desk and hit play with an almost savage punch of buttons. Immediately the face of Colonel Chastity Mulvaney appeared on his screen which caused him to almost recoil in shock. Of all the people who he had expected to see staring back at him from the screen she had to be one of the least likely. Before he could process this any further the recording began to speak with a neutral expression on her face. "Hello Loren. Long time no see. I heard about your injury and wanted to hope it wasn't as severe as the intel report's indicated. Still no doubt you're doing all that Death Commando crap about not feeling the pain or transcending the pain or whatever the hell they taught you in that regiment of lunatics..."

Chastity suddenly let out a sigh and when she continued her voice was growing thicker with the brogue of Northwind as well as genuine anger and disappointment. "You damn fool... You puir bloody damn fool... What the hell we're ye thinking? MacLeod would have battered yer ears for this nonsense and you ken it! What... We didnae vote the way ye wanted us tae so you ran off tae rejoin the Cap's? Worse ye led a parcel o' good lads and lassies with yerself! An' how's that workin' fer ye now Loren? Exiled tae the ass end o' nowhere wi' no way back! Yer own side tryin' tae strangle ye in yer sleep! Ye bloody damn fool!"

Visibly controlling her temper Mulvaney forced herself to calm down on the tape before continuing with her accent not quite so strong. "Ah'd forgive ye running of yer... yourself... But takin' the others away frae Northwind when ye ken we need every man and woman... That was low Jaffray. Low... Still... The other Colonels... They wanted me tae give you a message... You can still return hame. All of ye. Even you as much as it pain's me tae sae it. Northwind's your home still. We'll sort somethin' out wi' the Davion's tae smooth things over if ye's do. There Prince isnae a bad sort fer all he's no a Highlander... Just come hame."

As his former friend spoke Jaffray had felt his resolve weakening... Remembering Tara, The Fortress and the rest of Northwind's beauty. His feeling of coming home when he had returned. His pride in being accepted by the Highlanders there. And then Mulvaney had mentioned Him. That damned deceiver who had tricked the others into giving up Northwinds freedom. First Prince Victor Davion... Son of the Fox himself. Which reaffirmed his decision and hardened his heart to the plea to lead his troops home. No, it wasn't possible. Not now. Not to serve the Davion's.

As he stared at the message he suddenly realised it hadn't ended although Chastity Mulvaney hadn't spoken for several minutes, instead she just stared at the screen intently before finally as it was beginning to freak Loren out she spoke again. "Just so you know in case ya revert to your Capellan "need to ken" crap... Every single Highlander that left with yah has received the same message from someone he or she left behind or will have soon... Hate tae dae it tae ye... Goin' behind yer back like that... But hell man ye' did the same to us when yah ran off!"

As he snarled a roar and then convulsed with the pain in his neck at the strain he had placed on his still injured larynx Chastity's face broke into an almost imp like smile. "Come hame ye' damn fool!"

The message then cut out to the WOB Broadsword spinning slowly on the screen as it ended. Leaving a panting and cursing Colonel wondering just how many of "his" troops he could not trust not to desert... And knowing that MASK had certainly seen the message as well and would be wondering the same about not only the troops but him as well... Damn her!

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #386 on: 16 July 2019, 19:22:29 »
 ;D That was a nice update!  I wonder if MIIO is around to help?   Or the local WoB precentor to help him?

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #387 on: 16 July 2019, 19:44:48 »
oh man even if he stays... he is so screwed.  I like it!!!!  he might not wake up the next time he goes under the knife. 

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #388 on: 16 July 2019, 22:12:53 »
The DC are never allowed to leave.
If Mask thought their was a chance of him going the next hit won't fail.
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

kelgar04

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #389 on: 17 July 2019, 01:44:07 »
The DC are never allowed to leave.
If Mask thought their was a chance of him going the next hit won't fail.

The message is probably going to force him to try and save himself and command but by this point they are at rock bottom and are probably at the bottom of the pile in terms of requisitions. His command may also be one step removed fro rebellion against him and the CC as well after they got their messages.