Author Topic: When did the Inner Sphere know the Clans were the descendants of the SLDF?  (Read 1625 times)

abou

• Captain
As the title says, when did it become general knowledge that the origin of the Clans was in the SLDF? I am drawing a big blank. I want to say it was the meeting on Outreach, but it had to be earlier than that.

Any examples or canon explanations?

Talen5000

• Lieutenant
    • Handbook: Smoke Jaguar
As the title says, when did it become general knowledge that the origin of the Clans was in the SLDF? I am drawing a big blank. I want to say it was the meeting on Outreach, but it had to be earlier than that.

Any examples or canon explanations?

It was speculated earlier by certain parties alongside aliens...after a fashion...but it was confirmed by Jaime Wolf on Outreach s d became general knowledge at some point after that
"So let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you're completely sane?" -- Uncle Arnie

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
it felt like fedcom analysts were coming to that conclusion during the events of Lethal Heritage but it was almost certainly the outreach conference where it became confirmed fact.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Bren

• Warrant Officer
15 January 3051, to be exact.

Wolf pushed up the sleeves of his jacket to mid-forearm. "There it is. My cards are on the table. I'll be fighting the Clans, no matter who does or does not join with me. But I say again that if we pull together, we can field an army that will stop the Clans."

Wolf's words sent a shiver down Victor's spine. He's right. If we don't band together, the Clans will take us apart.

Romano barked a sharp laugh. "Why should we believe you, Wolf? You've admitted having deceived us before. Why should it be any different now?" She shrugged eloquently, brushing her auburn hair away from the shoulders of her black gown. "I am not worried. The Clans will be stopped."

Wolf watched her carefully, shaking his head as though not believing what he'd heard. "I think you mistake the gravity of the situation, Lady Romano. If we don't stop the Clans, who will?"

Romano smiled broadly, then let her gaze sweep the assembly as though to share her enlightenment with all. "You forget, Colonel Wolf, that when the Star League collapsed, General Aleksandr Kerensky led away nearly the whole Star League army beyond the Periphery. They're out there. They have been waiting all this time, waiting for the day mankind would again need their help. They will come and they will save us from the Clans."

Wolf's shoulders sagged. "Lady Romano, have you heard nothing I've said?" He stared around the room in disbelief, once more shaking his head. Though his voice dropped almost to a whisper, no one missed a word in the utter silence that had fallen over the gathering.

"Don't you see?" He leaned forward, grasping the podium so hard his knuckles went white. "Kerensky's people have returned. They are the Clans."

Register