Author Topic: GenCon 2019  (Read 31635 times)

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Re: GenCon 2019
« Reply #90 on: 02 August 2019, 09:49:13 »
Got the video up. Now you can all see for yourselves and correct whatever I said that was wrong!

https://youtu.be/GXKGhOeuZFY

Having watched it through, corrections from upthread/additions:

It is Bonfire of Worlds that's getting a PoD copy, and apparently soon.
The ilClan discussion primarily spoke about bandwidth in writing and layout, but at the end Brent said that production schedules meant it would be 2020 regardless of when the writing was complete.
Brent said the Quads will be redesigned, but he wouldn't guarantee they'd come out in plastic.
IWM versions of the new redesigns will have different poses from the plastics
Randall said Kickstarter backers will get a beta copy of MechWarrior Legends Destiny
« Last Edit: 02 August 2019, 10:12:56 by Lorcan Nagle »
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #91 on: 02 August 2019, 09:56:21 »
Having watched it through, corrections from upthread/additions:

It is Bonfire of Worlds that's getting a PoD copy, and apparently soon.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

wolfspider

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #92 on: 02 August 2019, 10:04:38 »

Randall said Kickstarter backers will get a beta copy of MechWarrior Legends
I thought he said Mechwarrior Destiny
I may have a low amount of posts but I have a PHD in Battletech and mechs older then most people on this board!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #93 on: 02 August 2019, 10:05:21 »
yes, destiny.

legends is what you have access to in the KS

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #94 on: 02 August 2019, 10:10:46 »
Randall said Kickstarter backers will get a beta copy of MechWarrior Legends
More clarifications:
Different poses would be ideal but that’s not definite. At minimum the IWM versions will be multi-piece of the same poses as plastic. Anything beyond that would be an investment that IWM may or may not be interested in. So, we’ll see.
Destiny Beta would likely consist of pre-layout Word docs. I don’t foresee any production time in the next few weeks being spent to hammer out a laid-out Destiny Beta. It could happen, but would be a poor use of resources right now.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #95 on: 02 August 2019, 10:11:24 »
I thought he said Mechwarrior Destiny

Argh, yes.  I blame the way too high aircon in work.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #96 on: 02 August 2019, 10:16:02 »
I'm rather curious about those myself. Cards by themselves don't interest me hugely, but if there's more than just mech cards, I may change my mind.

looks like 10 unit cards. one for each invading clan, comstar, St. Ives, FRR.

Wolves get the wolf spiders, falcons get the falcon guards.

Edit - the bears get a brutal combination of SCAs.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2019, 10:36:12 by Greatclub »

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #97 on: 02 August 2019, 10:33:07 »
Destiny Beta would likely consist of pre-layout Word docs. I don’t foresee any production time in the next few weeks being spent to hammer out a laid-out Destiny Beta. It could happen, but would be a poor use of resources right now.

Even just pre-layout Word docs would be awesome to see. I can scrounge up more than enough players that'd be on board to try it out ahead of the final product.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #98 on: 02 August 2019, 10:43:31 »
Edit - the bears get a brutal combination of SCAs.

As it should be
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #99 on: 02 August 2019, 11:04:28 »
Looks like there's the nose with the ball turret and gun from a Cobra FANG helicopter in there.
Someone elsewhere picked up on the AT-ST parts.  At this point all that's left is to name the other major Star Wars toy contributor and find the Easter eggs (which are admittedly just placed for humor, and a couple are in plain sight).

CDT Special Agent #343

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #100 on: 02 August 2019, 11:16:14 »
Someone elsewhere picked up on the AT-ST parts.  At this point all that's left is to name the other major Star Wars toy contributor and find the Easter eggs (which are admittedly just placed for humor, and a couple are in plain sight).

Part of the problem is which pictures you look at . . . some have been blurry and some the angle does not contribute to detailed examination of it all.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 02 August 2019, 11:37:04 »
Pardoe, Bill Keith, S.M. Stirling and Harry Turtledove are writing fiction for Leviathans! I am so ****** stoked for this.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2019, 11:43:55 by Sharpnel »
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #102 on: 02 August 2019, 11:45:52 »
Pardoe, Bill Keith, S.M. Stirling and Harry Turtledove are writing fiction for Leviathans! I am so ****** stoked for this.

Holy cow!  Was there any fiction before?  Leviathans showed up when I lacked cash to I looked but never got beyond that when it fell down.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
« Reply #103 on: 02 August 2019, 11:51:45 »

They've lined up Turtledove to write Leviathans? Wow... That's like getting Asimov or Heinlein to write Battletech (well, other than the whole "having to bring Isaac Asimov or Robert Heinlein back to life" thing...)

Did anyone else just blank out after the line "... plush Urbie..."?   :smitten:

I'm a *cough4cough0cough*-year-old man, and I'm not ashamed to say I'd take a plush Urbanmech...
« Last Edit: 02 August 2019, 11:54:48 by Pat Payne »

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #104 on: 02 August 2019, 11:52:57 »
Holy cow!  Was there any fiction before?  Leviathans showed up when I lacked cash to I looked but never got beyond that when it fell down.

Two novellas were included in the box, IIRC one of them was serialised on the website as well.  And i think there were one or two other stories on the website as well.

ArchonDan

• Sergeant
« Reply #105 on: 02 August 2019, 11:57:58 »

I'm not sure I'll jump on the bandwagon for the Leviathans game, but with those writers I WILL be reading the fiction that comes out for it.

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #106 on: 02 August 2019, 12:00:47 »
I remember the leviathans box as pretty big, which means that I gotta say no. I'm crunched for space, and I've already got a couple more on the way.

Ogra_Chief

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #107 on: 02 August 2019, 12:12:32 »
...Brent said the Quads will be redesigned, but he wouldn't guarantee they'd come out in plastic.
IWM versions of the new redesigns will have different poses from the plastics...

They're talking about the minis and not the rules right?  ???

As for the Leviathan fiction, looks like I'll picking up some them new novels then. Who knows, maybe those esteemed authors may be inclined to turnout at BT story or two.
BattleTech @CGL_BattleTech · Jul 17
Harmony Gold no longer has any say in our decisions, however, the original mechs have been redesigned enough to not cause problems.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #108 on: 02 August 2019, 12:38:27 »
They've lined up Turtledove to write Leviathans? Wow... That's like getting Asimov or Heinlein to write Battletech (well, other than the whole "having to bring Isaac Asimov or Robert Heinlein back to life" thing...)

I'm a *cough4cough0cough*-year-old man, and I'm not ashamed to say I'd take a plush Urbanmech...

Yeah, excited for both Stirling & Turtledove . . . I LOVED the Peshawar Lancers.  I wish he would write a sequel.  As for Turtledove, the Invasion series and his alt history with WWI being fought between N & S really brought out the horrors of the trenches which really messed up my great-grandfather- getting there as a orphan at 17 or 18, spending the time in the trenches, and then coming home to try to start a life.
Colt Ward

sadlerbw

• Captain
« Reply #109 on: 02 August 2019, 13:01:53 »
Thanks to everyone who corrected the late-night rambling mistakes I made in my report! I went back and edited some of the worst ones.

I also remembered that Jason Hardy apparently really likes Snickerdoodles, so there is a recipe for them in one of the shadowrun books he showed off. How could I forget that!

kinwolf

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #110 on: 02 August 2019, 13:42:13 »
Got the video up. Now you can all see for yourselves and correct whatever I said that was wrong!

Nice, thanks! 

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #111 on: 02 August 2019, 13:52:16 »
I did not see it in the pictures, but any hints as to what the Faction pack patches will look like?  I have several uses in mind . . .
Colt Ward

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #112 on: 02 August 2019, 13:55:57 »
Nope.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #113 on: 02 August 2019, 15:33:20 »
What's Up with Catalyst Labs 2019

I went through the video with some free time and broke up the questions. Some were hard to hear.
This is stuff I spotted by topics & question. Sorry i missed some things.
Thanks again too sadlerbw9!!!
  • Shadow Run's Kickstarter news
  • Novel Talk about Fiction.
  • Camospaces - Making paint schemes new player friendly
  • Core Books are are in print, TRO: Succession Wars & TRO: Clan Invasion
  • Leviathans is being put out again - Kickstarter Summer 2020, all factions coming out at once for Great War and ships. Fiction is planned
  • Fiction News - Physical copies of Forever Faithful (sold out at con), Iron Dawn, Kill Zone (anthology), Kell Hounds (Anthology & Sold out at con), ShadowRun novels & anthologies, Shadowrun individual profiles.
  • Randall talks about the Kickstarters, Dragon Fire, and small games news
  • Questions - Will Bonfire of Worlds come back out? (Yes)
  • Questions - IlClan question - KickStarter delayed IlClan book till 2020 & Layout guys are tied up and issues with China production issues, CGL's efforts to of tying IlClan fiction other novel authors into IClan fiction stories in the making connect to one another.
  • Question - How the Kickstarter's names being included in future fiction
  • Question - UrbanMech Plushy Toy possibility (Yes)
  • Question - Why there so many plushy toys?
  • Question - Will the Classic designs be made by IronWinds (Yes)
  • Question - Are there any plans for Quads (Yes) - Goliath and Scorpions need be redesign because they're too big in plastic. Likely going need to be redesigned so they fit on hexes, possibly metal.
  • Question - Is House Davion going have resurgence? (yes)
  • Question - Is DropShip on the Kickstarter going be made? (Yes) Ironwinds will be making special run for CGL
  • Question - MechWarrior Destiny (RPG) status - Work in progress, its using Valiant RPG rules. Art and writing together. Book will include aids for Tabletop players include special features to enhance their game.
  • Question - Will MechWarrior Design (RPG) have a quickstarter version by year's end? (no) However, Beta Version of the system is going to be sent to Kickstart backers by end of August.
  • Question - Will the Pilot Cards have game effects or fluff? (Stats) Two type pilot cards will be coming out, with basic one with stats, another one premium card with pictures on the back.
  • Question - is Shadowrun Spawl gangers minis coming out? (yes) For 2021.  Kickstarts been helping figure out plastics works and how handle it. The Kickstart helps educate them handle Leviathans and Battletech
  • Questoin - When will the redesign Classics appears in TRO? (yes) when we have art, then it will be put out.
  • Question - When all the minis promised from the Kickstarter be done. (by Gencon 2020 prox) Will not rush for sake quality
  • Question - TRO Reorganization continue? (yes) No names given, but the TRO by era theme will be continue on beyond Clan Invasion and Succession Wars.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #114 on: 02 August 2019, 16:03:19 »
So the lance packs as they are in the kickstarter will not be offered to the public but be made metal by IWM? Most likely individuality.   
« Last Edit: 02 August 2019, 18:12:02 by shivanwurm »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #115 on: 02 August 2019, 16:05:05 »
So the lance packs as they are in the kickstarter will not be offered to the public but be made metal by IWM. Most likely individuality.
no, that’s not the case.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

BlCharger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #116 on: 02 August 2019, 17:48:56 »

Thanks for uploading this.  :)
"The Ghost Bears are one big, happy family. I am the crazy, fun loving aunt." - Star Captain Peri Rand.
"You can't write history without including mankind's incessant need to kill one another." - Dr. Jessica Kimball (Hopefully soon to be my canon character)

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: 02 August 2019, 18:13:25 »
no, that’s not the case.
So the kickstarter packs will be publicly available and the models will made into IWM molds? Or am I not understanding and these 2 not related.
« Last Edit: 02 August 2019, 18:15:11 by shivanwurm »

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #118 on: 02 August 2019, 18:52:51 »
The Kickstarter packs will be publicly available.
Some, maybe all (it’s up to IWM), will be available as metal at a much later date.
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: 02 August 2019, 20:32:00 »
Thank you for the clarification

Register