Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 4, The Madness Begins  (Read 174287 times)

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I locked the old thread and am starting this one because of page count.

So, it's just over an hour after the KS ended, CGL's madness is just beginning.

As one of those peripherally involved in the KS I want to extend the thanks of everyone, without you this, literally, wouldn't have happened. You, all of you, have proven that not only is Battletech not "dead" but it's alive and thriving.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Xiwo Xerase

• Warrant Officer
It's been a wild ride.

I can't wait to see what's next.

General308

• Captain
Now is the hard part.  We wait.

massey

• Captain
Now is the hard part.  We wait.

I thought you were going to say the hard part is explaining the credit card bill to our wives.

EthrDemon

• Sergeant
Been super fun, got me hyped & back into it, let's see where we can take this

General308

• Captain
I thought you were going to say the hard part is explaining the credit card bill to our wives.

Yea will that is another problem.   That should have been a stretch goal to sent a fake bill to our homes for our wives.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
To be honest, it actually feels a little odd to go to the KS page and not see the money counter climbing higher and higher. This has been so awesome, and also such a great way of showing others that Battletech is still very much alive and very well-loved by its fans.  :D

Now the wait for the Pledge Manager begins! :thumbsup:

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
Congratulations to everyone in CGL! While I am sure this much success, especially with all the canon characters, is a double-edged sword, more than 2.5 million dollars is an amazing success. I am looking forward to the continued success of Battletech in your hands.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
Now the agonizing wait to see mockups so I can decide which faction I want a shirt of!

Comstar, Snow Ravens, and Steiner all have places in my heart!

StoryReader

• Master Sergeant
Wow. 
I'm super happy about this!
 :)

I've been a BT supporter for decades...this is amazeballs!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
my credit card texted me to ask if i really just charged that much to my card  xp

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Oh, it hit already?  My wife knows . . . sort of details.  She DOES know the $100 cash I was slipped as a bonus went in for this . . . but since I got told that was my discretionary funds per her instructions . . . well . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

massey

• Captain
"I know how much you hate junk mail, honey, so I switched us to paperless billing!"

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Wooooooo! Well done all! The backers did an amazing job as did CGI for organising this and giving us the opportunity to support the hobby that we love!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

hf22

• Master Sergeant
And for the bragging rights, at the close, the Kickstarter was:

- 85th highest of all time on Kickstarter;
- 43rd highest in games; and
- 30th highest in tabletop games.

(Source - Biggercake).

WoolyMammoth

• Private
Planning on swapping the battle mat to the legendary Box set and a dice pick.

Now what boxes to pick....

Pat Payne

• Lieutenant
  • 352nd Combat Group -- Ex cinis ad astra
Planning on swapping the battle mat to the legendary Box set and a dice pick.

Now what boxes to pick....

I'm thinking of swapping out the battlemap for part of the cost of the IS Retaliation or one of the books.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Great job all involved. I don't know where this ranks on all of CBT and a yearly need, but this going that good has to mean something.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

niall78

• Master Sergeant
Absolutely amazing Kickstarter.

After being around for the death of the game, supporting it during its early rebirth years and always hoping for it to recover a bit of its old glory as the top science fiction gaming universe. This last few weeks have been like a dream become true.

Please do this justice CGL. You deserve to not just for the ever loyal and supportive fanbase who wouldn't let Battletech die but for yourselves as well - this is the culmination of over two decades of hard work for you guys.

BoyOfSummer

• Master Sergeant
  • I'll either find a way or make one.
@massey:

You could use the ComStar mechs - which are really Star League mechs - as Clan second line mechs.
If money could talk, it would say goodbye.

Annwn

• Corporal
Now the agonizing wait to see mockups so I can decide which faction I want a shirt of!

Comstar, Snow Ravens, and Steiner all have places in my heart!

Well, I think the Ravens have the coolest logo of the three.  They're also my favorite faction of the three, albeit I like space AT&T well enough and the Lyran's aren't bad either.  I think the Ravens are much cooler about 3 decades later though as the Alliance. 

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

Been looking at the stats, and I noticed that the last 3 days made about as much as the first 3 days.
Not every project can manage that.  :thumbsup:
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Nightsong

• Warrant Officer
Probably going with a Tukayyid special (half Clan, Half ComStar) here. Glad the project took off so well.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
I upped my pledge to add my estimated shipping in the morning hours yesterday when $2.5M was still in doubt.  Fortunately, things picked up in the afternoon/evening!

Robroy

• Lieutenant
  • Not named, but not gone. Maybe.
I am looking forward to a couple more paychecks before I make my final decisions.

Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
I upped my pledge to add my estimated shipping in the morning hours yesterday when $2.5M was still in doubt.  Fortunately, things picked up in the afternoon/evening!

We made it with 2 hours to spare. And then spending died down noticeably. People were really throwing money at it to reach the 2.5 Million goal.
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Drewbacca

• Major
  • What could have been...
So how do the add-ons work? I have some of the players in my group who want to pick up some dice.

Southern Coyote

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
  • Savage Doesn't Even Begin To Describe It
Not a problem here! It was the wife's idea!

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
So how do the add-ons work? I have some of the players in my group who want to pick up some dice.

When the Pledge Manager comes up (give it a couple weeks for CGL to get their ducks in a row), you select what you want, just like in an online shop. When your credit from the campaign is spent, you can add additional funds via Credit Card (and later on Paypal).
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Frabby

• Major
What surprises me is that this boardgame kickstarter brought almost as much money as the HBS computer game kickstarter (2.58 vs. 2.78 million) - and that the average pledge for the board game KS is four times as high as for the computer game, seeing how the computer game KS had four times the number of backers.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Register