Author Topic: The Anime M@sterthread - Anime Gunsmith Catgirls Reincarnated into Another Thread  (Read 144422 times)

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
No word that I've seen on when the BR for das Finale 2 will drop, especially with the 4D rerelease.  Either way, 1 came out December 2017, 2 came out June 2019; assuming 18 months between the rest that's going to be another six years before we get to the end of the series.

That's REALLY going to wear out a lot of fans' patience, I think; I mean look how much of an utter joke Evangelion Rebuild 4 is these days....
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
That's REALLY going to wear out a lot of fans' patience, I think; I mean look how much of an utter joke Evangelion Rebuild 4 is these days....

Evangelion has been a joke since the original series ended, everyone just hasn't gotten the punchline yet......

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Evangelion has been a joke since the original series ended, everyone just hasn't gotten the punchline yet......
As much as I mock the show Rebuild 1 & 2 were really good and really showed a different take on things, 'what if everyone faced their issues and built themselves into better people'
3 didn't go off the rails so much as bend them up into a ramp, light off a rocket booster, and crash into the moon screaming the lyrics to System of a Down's Chop Suey.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Seed

Can't believe I'd forgotten about that show, I thought it was pretty damn good.  (Bonus points for the post-episode omake theater)

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer

The joke is that there is no punchline. That's the joke.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel

Can't believe I'd forgotten about that show, I thought it was pretty damn good.  (Bonus points for the post-episode omake theater)

Blue Seed is an incredibly under-appreciated classic! I still sing Carnival Babel at karaoke to this day!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
'what if everyone faced their issues and built themselves into better people'

That was literally the TV ending, but everyone cried "WHERE MUH ROBUTS!?!!!11" So they gave them the apocalypse they were asking for.

Mendou

• Master Sergeant

I enjoyed what I saw of it a lot--it helped that my favorite voice actress was not only starring in it, but did a bit of advertising it at the first anime convention I attended! (Hayashibara Megumi, and Anime America 1995, to specify. I had quite the crush on her at the time. . . .)

Luciora

• Major
Hey, I was there, met a friend there by way of getting  CD signed and we ended up almost swapping CDs that way.  One of the Ranma Image CDs, I should dig it up and do a compilation picture of my signatures one of these days.

I enjoyed what I saw of it a lot--it helped that my favorite voice actress was not only starring in it, but did a bit of advertising it at the first anime convention I attended! (Hayashibara Megumi, and Anime America 1995, to specify. I had quite the crush on her at the time. . . .)

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
Just watched the 24 minute preview of Black Fox (movie) on Crunchyroll: I believe it is supposed to air next weekend. Looks fun.

It's a shame that it was cut down from a series concept to a movie-length film. I would found a single cour series interesting enough.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Holding off on watching the extended Black Fox trailer to just watch the whole thing in 4 or 5 days when it streams. I'm also disappointed it didn't get a full series, but Studio 3Hz needs to make the financial decisions they need to stay in the business long term. I'm sure I'll love it regardless!

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
Hey, I was there, met a friend there by way of getting  CD signed and we ended up almost swapping CDs that way.  One of the Ranma Image CDs, I should dig it up and do a compilation picture of my signatures one of these days.
I just had her sign my program--my one CD of hers had taken far too much of a beating from being in my Discman for far too long. . . . I remember she was kind enough to shake my hand after signing my program (her hand may have been half the width of mine!), and that I lost a couple of minutes afterward--when I came to, I was wandering down the hall away from the signing table staring at her autograph ^_^;;

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Funimation announces they've picked up After School Dice Club

Aka. Board Game, The Anime.

As someone who works in the board game retail trade, this has been a hilarious game of 'I Spy' as I attempt to pick out the titles on the shelves.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Man it's been forever since I worked at Game Towne but ... I have to watch this now just to do the same!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
God i hope Monkey Punch got to see at least a WIP or completed storyboards of this before he passed away. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIzHw0gVB0g

Lupin III goes Pixar-style in a new film, and it looks like they're going Cagliostro in scale, or even bigger.  It's got some real solid adventure feel in this.  LOVE IT.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Funimation announces they've picked up After School Dice Club

Aka. Board Game, The Anime.

As someone who works in the board game retail trade, this has been a hilarious game of 'I Spy' as I attempt to pick out the titles on the shelves.

I knew that eventually, a cute slice of life club anime would highlight my hobby! I've been excites for Saikoro Club since I saw it announced back around June or so! 100% required viewing!

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
At least BattleTech isn't among of them :(
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
At least BattleTech isn't among of them :(

A loss for all of humanity!

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
I knew that eventually, a cute slice of life club anime would highlight my hobby! I've been excites for Saikoro Club since I saw it announced back around June or so! 100% required viewing!

There was a slightly uncomfortable moment at the start of Houkago Saikoro Club (No Japan, I didn't need to be told she was going commando.) but overall, the show is a fun little romp which does remind me why I run my store in the first place.

That said, the owner gets a lot more game time than I do.
I swear, it's like throwing a party for your friends where you don't get to have fun but have to clean up after them.
Every single day.

He's also a bit of an over-excitable overbearing dingbat. Lovable on screen, but boy is he terrible from a purely retail perspective.
« Last Edit: 02 October 2019, 22:51:31 by Dies Irae »

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Walp. It appears the Aussies and Kiwis are gonna get to watch Azur Lane before the rest of us.

https://www.animelab.com/blog/get-ready-to-fall-in-love-with-our-massive-october-2019-simulcast-lineup/

kato

• Captain
Slight nitpick on Houkago Saikoro bu: You don't win in Marrakech by getting the most money.

Other than the money commando girl actually had the most points on the table. From the look of the board the last two times we see it, if they had lost the 7 dirham then "defeat" (... coming in second) would actually probably have depended on the luck of the owner's last die roll.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 04:51:04 by kato »

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
God i hope Monkey Punch got to see at least a WIP or completed storyboards of this before he passed away. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIzHw0gVB0g

Lupin III goes Pixar-style in a new film, and it looks like they're going Cagliostro in scale, or even bigger.  It's got some real solid adventure feel in this.  LOVE IT.

Cool! A new Trailer.
Now for hoping for FUNi or GKids to get US Theatrical and/or Video rights to this...

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Well... Episode 1 sort of explains what Azur Lane rigging is.
The entire warship dismantles itself into Wisdom Cubes which reassemble around the girl as combat rigging.

1st Episode opens with a Pseudo-Pearl Harbour scenario with the Sakura Empire sucker punching Azur Lane to nobody's surprise.
SANDY SONG!
No sign of a Shikikan so far - It's pretty much just the shipfu doing their own thing.
Kaga's siren boosted power is a kaiju sized wolf manifestation.
Unicorn's... well... Unicorn being alive weirded me out quite significantly.
SURPRISE ZUI ZUI

Nothing outright objectionable so far - the episode was watchable for the most part. Will probably need a rewatch since they were talking really fast and I couldn't catch quite a bit.

And before anyone asks, Tokyo MX in Japanese.

EDIT: Looks like Funimation got it.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 11:07:35 by Dies Irae »

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
the show is a fun little romp which does remind me why I run my store in the first place.

Miki's early monologue about how she doesn't enjoy fun the same way other people do felt really relatable to me, & then Aya being an adorable spazz & the scenery of Kyoto swept me away to magical board-game nerd land, & I was entranced from then on!  ;D

As for Ep.1 of Azur Lane, things moved at a breakneck pace, but I think that's probably good giving the dearth of actual plot the Azur Lane game actually has!  :-[ The directing was absolutely top-notch, & the animation was clean, cute & exhilarating! Plenty of ships got to cameo without it seeming unnatural, & it felt like extra effort was made to reflect each of their individuality & charms. Rock on Tensho, this is going to be fun!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Still seems to have more plot than the last moe ship-girl anime.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

SulliMike23

• Lieutenant
  • The Brotherhood will expand in the Inner Sphere!
Saw Azur Lane myself and I only have a few words to say about it, GOD BLESS ENTERPRISE!!!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
The one thing that really bugs me is the bald eagle that sounds like a red-tailed hawk.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
Still seems to have more plot than the last moe ship-girl anime.

That was a very low bar to beat.

The one thing that really bugs me is the bald eagle that sounds like a red-tailed hawk.

To be fair, I had to go look up what a Bald Eagle sounded like after you pointed it out.
« Last Edit: 03 October 2019, 23:34:29 by Dies Irae »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
That's because it's so common in movies and TV for red-tailed hawk cries to be subbed for bald eagle calls that most people don't know what a real bald eagle sounds like.

Dies Irae

• Warrant Officer
That's because it's so common in movies and TV for red-tailed hawk cries to be subbed for bald eagle calls that most people don't know what a real bald eagle sounds like.

So the Red Tailed Hawk is the Bald Eagle's VA.

Register