Register Register

Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week - Ryoken III-XP (Skinwalker)  (Read 2697 times)

Darkwing

• Corporal
Re: 'Mech of the Week - Ryoken III-XP (Skinwalker)
« Reply #60 on: 20 November 2019, 11:27:50 »
Option C begs the question how much of Stone Lions are Horses a heart. We have some precedence of name changes being superficial at best.
Clan Wolf - Jade Wolf - Clan Wolf
Sea Fox - Diamond Shark - Sea Fox

It would not be a stretch for the Horses to have watch agent's in the Stone Lions, and if any Clan knows what is going on "back at the ranch" they would be the safest bet.

To bring it back to the Skinwalker, it is clearly a test bed for new clan technology. My curiosity will be if this is an attempt by game designers, as the IS reaches technological parity with their Clan counterpoints, to again give them an edge/distinctieness in the tech fields.
''Do not judge yourself by the friends you have, but by the enemies you make.'' - Jerome Blake

grimlock1

• Lieutenant
« Reply #61 on: 20 November 2019, 14:30:09 »
Option C begs the question how much of Stone Lions are Horses a heart. We have some precedence of name changes being superficial at best.
Clan Wolf - Jade Wolf - Clan Wolf
Sea Fox - Diamond Shark - Sea Fox

It would not be a stretch for the Horses to have watch agent's in the Stone Lions, and if any Clan knows what is going on "back at the ranch" they would be the safest bet.

To bring it back to the Skinwalker, it is clearly a test bed for new clan technology. My curiosity will be if this is an attempt by game designers, as the IS reaches technological parity with their Clan counterpoints, to again give them an edge/distinctieness in the tech fields.
Until the IS basically stops using anything that isn't either Clan-grade something the Clan's don't have, then the IS won't have parity.  Elite units might find be deploying the right mix of Clan gear to match a Clan opponent at or near 1:1, but what about the regular line units, or the garrison forces.  Clan garrison forces tend to not have as much in the way of XL engines, ES, FF or gizmos like targeting computers, but their ER mlas is the same one carried by Omnis in the Keshik.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Empyrus

• Major
« Reply #62 on: 21 November 2019, 23:12:54 »
IIRC, Stone Lions pretty much divested themselves from their Horse heritage. Figure Crusader Wolves are more like original Wolves than Stone Lions are Hell's Horses.
IS standard and pulse lasers: red; IS ER and X-pulses: blue; Re-engineered lasers: orange; Clan ER, pulse, and ER pulse lasers: green; Clan heavy lasers: yellow; PPCs: skyblue; PPCs w/capacitor: purplish-blue.

Gaiiten

• Lieutenant
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #63 on: 22 November 2019, 12:24:54 »
So option A:  is that this tech is an outgrowth of the piloting suit for super heavy protos, to which Hells Horses had access before the fled the Kerensky Cluster.

Option B:  it is an independent development to which the Horses had access.

Option C:  It's something that happened in the Kerensky Cluster post WoR and the Horses got a hold of it via shadowy means, ie Bandit Caste.  Which implies that the Horses have a back channel to what's happening in the Kerensky Cluster.   The question then is how do they feel about the state of affairs back home?  Are they worried about the home Clans trying to pull a WoR in the IS?  If they are, and they are keeping quiet about it, we all saw what that did for Comstar's reputation....
IMHO, option A is the most likely.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Register