Author Topic: Teaser for a proposed...thing.  (Read 141214 times)

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
  • Krampus is the reason for the Christmas season.
Re: Teaser for a proposed...thing.
« Reply #570 on: 04 January 2020, 18:37:32 »
Only if her brother defects from the jade falcons and seeks asylum.
Her speech covers her brother staying clan.. Unlike phelan and his wolves, her brother is not taking the first step to show the desire to change, thus has not earned a chance at forgiveness. Yet.
Wasn't her brother killed by the Loki team spent to retrieve him?
Why does everyone "Fire at Will"? Is he really that bad of a person? And what did he do to make everyone want to shoot him?

If a group of necrophiliacs met a group of zombies, who would do the chasing?

Bacon is Life! Even vegaterians eat bacon.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #571 on: 04 January 2020, 18:40:34 »
I don't think that's happened yet...

Trace Coburn

• Starfighter Analyst
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
  • За родину и свободу!
« Reply #572 on: 04 January 2020, 20:41:21 »
  And possibly never will, for a multitude of reasons.
  Liz is now the recognised head of Ngo Industries and Duchess of Kowloon; humanitarian reasoning for rescuing him aside, Loki bringing Henry(?) back would create an immediate succession crisis for both positions, and I can’t see Melissa courting that particular disaster unless Liz completely comes off the rails and Mel needs to put a less... flamboyant Ngo in the hot-seat(s).
  Liz is also the FedCom’s recognised pointwoman for diplomatic relations with the Cylons (an actual race of (near-)aliens!).  Displacing her from that position would be even more fundamentally unwise than upsetting her other two golden geese.
  Henry might already be a serving CJF Warrior by this point.  If the Refusal Crisis after Tukayyid followed the canonical pattern — and admittedly, it might well not have — then the Jade Falcons won the right to defend the Council decision against Ulric, and they’re functionally pulling their dicks straight out of one meat-grinder (Tukayyid, where only Aidan Pryde’s plot-shields salved any semblance of military dignity for them) and sticking them straight into another (the Wolves, who played Tukayyid far smarter and thus got off with far lighter losses).  Two thrashings of that magnitude in such quick succession is going to leave them desperate for warm bodies, and Henry’s ‘cadet class’ is probably going to graduate far earlier to compensate.
  And finally, Henry might well not be as broken as the Falcons think — especially if he sees Liz’s 3V appearances, does a little digging, and realises Morgan Icaza played him for a sucker.  It’s entirely likely that if he comes to his senses, he either plays defector-in-place and starts corroding the Falcons from within, or he goes full Blaze of Glory suicide-run to expiate his treason and builds himself a proper honour-guard for when he gets to Valhalla.  (The Ngo family are many things, but they are not given to half-measures.)
« Last Edit: 04 January 2020, 20:44:20 by Trace Coburn »

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #573 on: 04 January 2020, 21:11:39 »
aww, guys, you give me SUCH bad ideas.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #574 on: 04 January 2020, 21:16:37 »
Yes, but your bad ideas are ENTERTAINING, so, you know... get with the writing of them, eh?   Please, even! ^-^

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #575 on: 04 January 2020, 22:11:15 »
Morges, Refusal War grounds...

"well, Morgan, there goes that plan."  Star Colonel Nathan Roshak was a Star Colonel commanding about a star and a half now.

On the bright side, the attempt by Clan Steel Viper to interfere in the Refusal was appropriately punished, and one of their Khans was dead at Wolf hands.

The other, well...Zalman was on the run back to the Homeworlds, the ragged remains of his Touman fleeing with him, and Clan Jade falcon held the field.

almost as ragged as the corpse being drawn from a Summoner by the techs.

"Star Commander Henry!"

a young freebirth officer hurried over.  "Ovkhan?"

"Good work.  I will need you to carry out some duties. organize the remnant of our forces and consolidate our captured Wolves for processing."

"yes Ovkhan." he hurried away.

"You saw the broadcast?" Morgan asked.

"I saw it.  I wonder how long it will take them to tell her that Henry there, is still alive."

"They do not think as we do." Morgan cautioned.  "Have you had word of the research?"

"you really want the matched set, quiaff?"

"Aff." Morgan asserted.  "Unlike those steel viper fools, I actually do read history reports.  if I had led that mission, we would own Kowloon right now.  if YOU led it, we would...but Ulric gave it to them, and while they are great pilots and good shots, they do not see with Turkina's eye."

"and That is why I like you, Morgan." Nathan Roshak said, "You think."

"Slowly." Morgan allowed, "With great difficulty, it has to pass through all this muscle, you know."

Nathan laughed.  "The wolves."

"Their Khan is dead, Ulric is dead, their kin have sought asylum." Morgan shrugged. "I do not know."

"Khans will decide that."

"is there an election already?"

"Mm.  I will not be running if there is, I could not win!" Nathan said, "Two of ours fought with such skill that it is not in my mind in doubt, with losing both Crichell and Malthus here?" he shrugged, "difficult to say."

"Mmh, Marthe Pryde will win the election if it is to be held now." Morgan cautioned, "I...do not know who else."

"Clees, Samantha Clees." Nathan stated. 

"but not you?"

"Not me. I am voting for those two." he groaned, "I do not want to be Khan, I want to be a front line officer, I want to have my tasks limited to Galaxy sized commands and smaller, and for why, you need only look at what it did to Elias Crichell."

"What was your plan with Henry Ngo?" Morgan asked.

"Salic Law." Roshak stated, "the boy is the one who, by their laws should be in charge on Kowloon, and he is ours, he is also genetically 'clean', his offspring are in the main line, his  sister will not be able to bear children...unless the medical scientists deliver on the research. simple knowledge of his existence, at the right time and place, will either disrupt them enough to let our forces take the planet with minimal losses, or take the planet entirely with NO losses."

"bloodless? I can hardly wait to see how this plan plays out."

"It is not supreme excellence to win all battles, supreme excellence, is breaking the enemys will to resist without fighting." Nathan said.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

croaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #576 on: 04 January 2020, 22:15:19 »
I really like Lizzie's speech, here. It's such a contrast to her original "fire and blood" condemnation, to see her turn around like this — right after scoring a major victory of her own against the Clans — is really going to push some votes, make people think.

Poor Nathan Roshak, though. He really doesn't get Loonies, does he?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #577 on: 04 January 2020, 22:22:52 »
aww, guys, you give me SUCH bad ideas.

Considering how much influence you, Gio, and Liam's Ghost have had in helping me determine the factional flavor I gave one of the powers in my full conversion AU I consider it fair play if I can have even a little turn-about here or there.  :P

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #578 on: 04 January 2020, 22:24:15 »
[quote"]bloodless? I can hardly wait to see how this plan plays out."[/quote]
Very messily I persume. Falcon on one side and Cylons on the other of a Kowloonese civil war?
Yes, very messily indeed.
Why does everyone "Fire at Will"? Is he really that bad of a person? And what did he do to make everyone want to shoot him?

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #579 on: 04 January 2020, 22:31:31 »
The main trouble is I'm not sure there would be a civil war, or if there was it'd be pretty one sided as I doubt even if the 'loonies were a predominantly traditional/conservative society that they'd be all that receptive of someone with such dubious loyalties and well 'Liz has been keeping their pockets and bellies full.

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #580 on: 04 January 2020, 22:44:37 »
Verses the legal heir backed by Galaxy of Falcon's finest. Yeah, messy

But we'll see what Cannonshop has up his sleeve.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #581 on: 04 January 2020, 22:53:42 »
Well there is one possibility to make it interesting.  Cavil's Cylon faction could manage to infiltrate close enough to at the very least incapacitate 'Liz just as the Falcons make their move.

Dubious loyalties or not with 'Liz unable to govern that would cause quite a bit of a debate and make things very interesting even if there was an outside invader at Henry's back.

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #582 on: 04 January 2020, 23:16:17 »
“I can cure you of your illness: all you need to do is surrender your world to my Clan.”

“... screw you. I’d rather die in agony and insanity than submit my people to your authority, and even if I was stupid enough to agree, my own people would lynch me. We’ll take that cure when we run your barbarian horde to ground, hang your leadership and free your slaves.”

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #583 on: 04 January 2020, 23:19:35 »
An outsider getting involved in a sibling squabble.

Oh, this gets more interesting by the post.

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #584 on: 04 January 2020, 23:46:28 »
Verses the legal heir backed by Galaxy of Falcon's finest. Yeah, messy

But we'll see what Cannonshop has up his sleeve.

You misspelled that.  "Collaborator" backed by a Galaxy of Jade Falcons vs the Legal Heir.  It might not be just Liz that considers Peter her only brother if what Henry did gets out to the public.  Though I'm surprised he and other Freebirths weren't shoved into the front of the fighting to absorb casualties and Wolf munitions first.

Liz already declared Evelynn Mosovich her heir.  Remember Liz is very much into contigency planning, including her disease progresses faster than the best case scenario.  Her doctor already upped her meds earlier than estimated.

Dave Talley

• Major
« Reply #585 on: 04 January 2020, 23:49:21 »
And her choices are known of and approved of by the archon
Resident Smartass since 1998
“Toe jam in training”

Because while the other Great Houses of the Star League thought they were playing chess, House Cameron was playing Paradox-Billiards-Vostroyan-Roulette-Fourth Dimensional-Hypercube-Chess-Strip Poker the entire time.
JA Baker

Ajax_Wolf

• Lieutenant
« Reply #586 on: 05 January 2020, 00:22:43 »
You misspelled that.  "Collaborator" backed by a Galaxy of Jade Falcons vs the Legal Heir.  It might not be just Liz that considers Peter her only brother if what Henry did gets out to the public.  Though I'm surprised he and other Freebirths weren't shoved into the front of the fighting to absorb casualties and Wolf munitions first.

Liz already declared Evelynn Mosovich her heir.  Remember Liz is very much into contigency planning, including her disease progresses faster than the best case scenario.  Her doctor already upped her meds earlier than estimated.

As opposed to " 'Liz the Usurper"? Henry was a prisoner when she "assumed" the title, and her forgiving Phelan did not help her case. And its not like he has had a chance to go before the Archon to be anointed, or declare an heir. But he can live long to father one. Nor has he legally abdicated the title.

All this would have been easier if the Loki team did kill him. But all of this is just guessing untill Cannonshop writes the next part.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #587 on: 05 January 2020, 00:36:04 »
Part of that depends on how understanding/forgiving Melissa is though.  Once captured and actively fighting for an enemy she'd be well within her rights as the liege lord to vacate the title and give it to 'Liz wholesale.

The Estates General probably wouldn't even balk at such a move as they'd figure it'd be easier to try and take advantage of 'Liz even knowing what she's done and likely to do if they cross any lines.

But if they just use their superior experience to just out play her in making some deals there wouldn't be much 'Liz could do but fume.

croaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #588 on: 05 January 2020, 00:38:42 »
As opposed to " 'Liz the Usurper"? Henry was a prisoner when she "assumed" the title, and her forgiving Phelan did not help her case. And its not like he has had a chance to go before the Archon to be anointed, or declare an heir. But he can live long to father one. Nor has he legally abdicated the title.

All this would have been easier if the Loki team did kill him. But all of this is just guessing untill Cannonshop writes the next part.

Henry is by definition a traitor to the realm. He is coming not as a supplicant as Phelan did, requesting aid and forgiveness and bringing his clan to ally with the realm. He is coming as a Falcon loyalist, expecting to use his claim to the Duchy to transfer the planet's allegiance to the Clan. Lawfully, his claim to the title is attainted and forfeit the moment he swore his loyalty to the Falcons.

And, importantly, he should know this.

Part of that depends on how understanding/forgiving Melissa is though.  Once captured and actively fighting for an enemy she'd be well within her rights as the liege lord to vacate the title and give it to 'Liz wholesale.

The Estates General probably wouldn't even balk at such a move as they'd figure it'd be easier to try and take advantage of 'Liz even knowing what she's done and likely to do if they cross any lines.

But if they just use their superior experience to just out play her in making some deals there wouldn't be much 'Liz could do but fume.

Not quite. The moment it becomes public that he's turned, it's over -- his claim is gone.

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #589 on: 05 January 2020, 01:39:45 »
“I can cure you of your illness: all you need to do is surrender your world to my Clan.”

“... screw you. I’d rather die in agony and insanity than submit my people to your authority, and even if I was stupid enough to agree, my own people would lynch me. We’ll take that cure when we run your barbarian horde to ground, hang your leadership and free your slaves.”
I approve of this post. This is a very Liz thing to say.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #590 on: 05 January 2020, 02:34:46 »
Henry is by definition a traitor to the realm. He is coming not as a supplicant as Phelan did, requesting aid and forgiveness and bringing his clan to ally with the realm. He is coming as a Falcon loyalist, expecting to use his claim to the Duchy to transfer the planet's allegiance to the Clan. Lawfully, his claim to the title is attainted and forfeit the moment he swore his loyalty to the Falcons.

And, importantly, he should know this.

Not quite. The moment it becomes public that he's turned, it's over -- his claim is gone.

Traitors to realms don't always have their titles vacated by their liege Lords in Battletech.

Henry's got the advantage that even if it has been stripped from him if something did happen to 'Liz it wouldn't be out of the question for people to dispute succession and challenge 'Liz's will on grounds of mental health being impacted due to the narcotics she has to take for her Cholman's and nominate Henry just because it is his birthright on the hopes that like Phelan he can be returned to the service of the realm.

gladius

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #591 on: 05 January 2020, 02:56:24 »
Traitors to realms don't always have their titles vacated by their liege Lords in Battletech.

Henry's got the advantage that even if it has been stripped from him if something did happen to 'Liz it wouldn't be out of the question for people to dispute succession and challenge 'Liz's will on grounds of mental health being impacted due to the narcotics she has to take for her Cholman's and nominate Henry just because it is his birthright on the hopes that like Phelan he can be returned to the service of the realm.
Except Kowloon, as I understand it, still has a civilian, elected government who have to approve the Duke/Duchess. I would imagine treason invalidates ones candidacy, at least on Kowloon.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #592 on: 05 January 2020, 06:23:50 »
I fully suspect somebody (Loki or otherwise) will rid Liz of her troublesome pri... er, brother...

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #593 on: 05 January 2020, 08:12:45 »
Government House, Kowloon...

"...you didn't bother to mention she's got a term limit!!"  Deliah Vanh (representative 15th district West) was livid. 

"I respected Elizabeth enough to let her decide when to announce it publicly." Evelynn was cool-at least, as far as anyone not monitoring her vitals would be concerned she was calm.  "Does it make more sense now, why her first act was to re institute both houses of the Assembly, and to push for a restoration of the constitution?"

"I'm getting pressure from the Social Democrats, Evelynn.  You don't have to stand for elections, and they're voicing concerns that she might not be stable, that's making it ****** hard to move forward on the planetary budget."

"I take it Engels wants concessions on something?"

"You could say that.  Where in the name of ****** are we going to find a universal stipend from? hm?  His ****** Urban coalition is pushing for an expansion from temporary assistance to a universal basic income-that's unsustainable, and he's threatening to push a no-confidence vote through the House."

"Does he have the votes?"

"He thinks he does. That worries me. They want a restoration of the Regency era basic stipend, and they're talking about a 'tax on the rich' to pay for it."

"We don't have enough rich people to pay for it." Evelynn noted.

"He thinks it can be paid out by reclassing the Centurions coming out of Camp John as property."

"OH ****** NO!!" Evelynn knew-or could guess, what that proposition would do.  "no way. Not Happening.  Christ, even if the Cylons didn't pull out and start shooting, he pushes something like that and half the Burrows would start dropping rocks on Hue, and the rest would be doing pot-shots to get the survivors, we'd have a damn civil war in hours."

"he's got support in a lot of the urban districts, Ev, and I think he's also getting funding from off-planet for the SD party."

"Off planet contributions aren't that rare." Evelynn noted.

"covert funding.  There have also been a few incidents.  Snodgrass's accident last week..."

"Li doesn't think it was an accident."

"It probably wasn't.  Snoddy was out-polling Engel in the primary, and suddenly he's forced to drop out of the race after an auto accident?" Li shook her head, "I don't buy it.  We've known for decades that Hue politics is dirty...but this is moving kind of too open.  In the meantime, I have some calls to make."

"What are you going to do?"

"remind our Cylon citizens they also have the vote."  Evelynn said, "And not collectively, we need to get them into the polls in November-bodily.  Reminding Engel that there's no species limitation on citizenship might be a really, really good idea, and Cylons are a pretty reliable voter base."

"I know a few religious types who might object in Ia Drang."

"Let them." Evelynn said, "If we know who they are, we can oppose them in public and humiliate them out of office and influence.  Liz is right about free speech needing to be absolute for this very reason.  In the meantime, I'll have Li put OCB on that external funding, find out who's trying to influence our electoral process."

"And the vote of no-confidence?"

"I can oppose it, but I think the fastest way to lose my position, would be if Liz found out I condoned meddling in the mechanics of our government in a way that violates the Constitution.  Remember her whole speech about the military being the instrument of the state, not the other way around."

After Vanh left, Evelynn shoved her hands in her pockets, and headed down the ramp-way past the parking entrance.  People were used to seeing Evelynn Mosovich wandering the former Stadium's grounds, a hood hiding her face enough for some kind of dignity. 

It also made it much easier to recruit body-doubles.  The Sharons in particular were nearly the same size, and at a distance, would be easily confused for Kowloon's Adjutant Colonel in the right clothing.

she stepped outside the building into the evening, and headed down a block, to an area called 'reclamation', where cargo containers were stacked, filled with scrap and debris for reprocessing. 

It took an hour to reach her destination.

a little boy peeked at her as she dropped a Hackie Sac and bounced it from boot to boot.

"Miss you lost?" the boy asked.

"I need to speak with Ariel." she said, "is he in?"

"just a moment."

the boy vanished, and then, a few minutes later, he reappeared, "Ariel says Miss shouldn't be out late.  come in for tea."

Evelynn followed the boy into a passage between cargo containers.

"Who guards the Rainbow bridge from Midgard to Asgard?"  a voice asked.

"Heimdall." she answered.

He was old.  "what troubles you, Evvie?"

"I need to know who's backing Engel." she said, "is it-"

"Not us.  Not Loki from what our sources suggest. His money is routing from a blind account through Comstar."

"Comstar ROM?" she suggested.

"It could be."

damn them.  "Thank you.  I know where Not to look now."

Nikas_Zekeval

• Captain
« Reply #594 on: 05 January 2020, 08:27:47 »
Well ROM would explain the stupidity of declaring some of the Cylons slaves again.  They are looking to precipitate a war.

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #595 on: 05 January 2020, 08:33:49 »
ComStar: why the Inner Sphere can't have nice things.

Focht needs to make with the "externally initiated brain aneurysm" ASAP
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Sharpnel

• Colonel
« Reply #596 on: 05 January 2020, 08:40:46 »
or make sure they catch a case of the  quick acting Russian Lead Flu (144 grains at 600+ m/sec)
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #597 on: 05 January 2020, 08:56:03 »
or make sure they catch a case of the  quick acting Russian Lead Flu (144 grains at 600+ m/sec)
Yeah, sudden onset lead poisoning is a bitch
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #598 on: 05 January 2020, 09:16:01 »
I'm not sure Focht can stop a ROM plot fast enough.  Even if he gets "central" ROM to heel, Kowloon is far enough out the money might stop flowing fast enough.

And seriously, how could ANY Kowloon politician keep their seat by pushing for slavery, external funding or no??  ???

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #599 on: 05 January 2020, 10:15:04 »
Tharkad, "Vinh's 100% Kosher Kowloonese Brew Pub and Diner"....

"Jack, pulling guns in a public place is bad." Liz said it quietly enough only her Cylon bodyguard, Daphne, and the local Sharon heard her.

The man approaching the table was dapper, mid-fifties, wearing a dark morning suit with a crisp orange pocket-kerchief.  His face was creased with smile lines, and his companion was another Sharon.

"you don't understand the danger you're in, liz. he's a cylon, and not a friendly one." Sharon murmured.

"I kind of guessed that when Jack started unfolding the automoatic weapons." Liz scowled.

"May I join you?" the man asked.

"both of you can." Liz said, "What do I call you?"

"You can call me John."

"John...okay. and, ah, the Sharon next to you?"

"Boomer."

Liz didn't frown, "heck of a risk for you, being seen with me, what do you want?" she looked up, "Seriously jack, no killing. we listen to what he has to say, we be polite about it."

Jack retracted his weapons, but the Centurion didn't relax.

"You've made quite an impression." John said suggestively.

"Yeah, time's limited, John, kind of stuck with go big, or go home.  You want something from me, or you wouldn't be here with me."

"Mosty I want you here so I can speak with my...sisters and brothers without being murdered by them." he told her, "how did you manage it?"

"with difficulty and daring." Liz said, "Unless you're talking about the fact Cylons like jack and I are friends, in which case, it's I respect them, so they respect me.  Given you were involved in something that makes Jack want to put holes in you, I'd say you didn't follow that route." she held up a menu, "You might want to order before the owner throws you out, John."

"you're not even curious how I got here?" he asked.

"I kind of think Sharon or Gina will be happier to tell me." Elizabeth stated.  "Since they haven't, and they don't trust you, I'm not going to bother unless I think you're doing something against my nation, or my people, or my world..but you wouldn't be here, would you, in person, i mean?"

"we want in." he said.

"That could be a problem." Liz stated.

"you just argued not a week ago in favor of forgiveness." John said.

"You don't want it." Liz said.  "I'll tell you what?  a little secret?"

"I'm all ears."

"If I were to go to Morgan Kell's Tharkad compound, sneak in, and put a bullet in Phelan Kell's brain, do you know what happens to him?" she asked.

"He dies, I presume."

"Right, he dies...and he stays dead."  she lifted her fruity drink, "Now, if I let Jack pump you full of bullets in public, this body might die, but you'll just be waking up, coming on back.  Meanwhile my friend will be in serious trouble and facing a murder charge that I won't be able to clear him of without a lot of leverage I don't have right now.  I don't think that's a fair trade, so we're going to be civil, or I'll introduce you to all the things you can survive without dying, because I can beat a simple public assault charge.  the New Saigon chicken with clear-red Ijero is good, you should try it."

"You may not believe this, Elizabeth, but while I despise humanity..." he looked around as if concerned, "...I care deeply for my fellow Cylons. I want in to be there to help them when this...crippled atrocity you've got going blows up."

"I respect that. I want to meet the rest of the family." Liz countered, "Jack and Nick talk about the fours, every time I miss a dose and end up bedridden with pain.  I want to find out why they think the fives are greasy, nasty rats, and I've been waiting to meet one of you for a long time, and I really  would like to know both who the 'original five' are, and about Daniel, the Sevens."  she smiled at the waitress as the food arrived, with places for everyone with a digestive tract at the table.  "I bring you in, let you be here in public, let your model in to Kowloon? I want the whole family, and whatever oath will actually bind you that no cylon will ever be inhibited in my presence, or on my territory.  We are all our own keepers, John. i will not tolerate slavery."

"We're artificial." John said, "Centurions are machines..."

"So?" Liz began eating, pausing and swallowing, she added, "That doesn't make it okay to make people into slaves, it's actually kind of worse.  Like having a child so you can sell them for a high."

"That sounds personal." John said.

"Let me tell you how I took over Bennie Higgins' gang on Pandora sometime...and why the teenagers in the gang were willing to follow my orders as an eleven year old girl."  she fixed him eye to eye, "It involved planning and executing retaliation on people who buy children for resale. It's a very funny story...well, funny for me. not so much for them."

"I haven't heard that story?" Daphne was a little nonplussed.

"I told it, I just didn't put the full context." Liz said.  "It cost me a couple million Kroner to get Bennie out of prison over it.  Three years later than I wanted, but he's a free man with a new face. HE is why I had to do Stoney myself...and Condit.  I had to be sure once I knew I could order it, that I was able to do it."  she waited while John gulped down beer to kill the capsacin oils in his food. "Do we have an understanding, John? I want to meet all the models, you need to make it up to the Centurions, and after that, we can talk longer term deals."

He grimaced.  "I think I can live with those terms."

"Then, stop by the office tomorrow, and schedule a damned appointment.  for tonight, Let's pretend we're strangers who've just met, and enjoy the dining experience."

Register