Register Register

Author Topic: 1st Ghost Wolf Cluster (WIP)  (Read 445 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Lieutenant
1st Ghost Wolf Cluster (WIP)
« on: 13 January 2020, 20:42:21 »
Basically the minis I have grouped into a unit. The problem is I don’t have a full Touman organization for them. I have too many units for a Cluster and not enough for two Clusters. So in the mean time, unless anyone has ideas, I’ll present to you the First Ghost Wolves Cluster. Mainly a Ghost Bear Cluster for random AU, no time frame but mostly pre-Jihad tech. Variants or configurations not listed yet

ALPHA COMMAND TRINARY

Berserker
Kodiak
Kodiak
Executioner
Executioner

Kodiak
Executioner
Gargoyle
Stormcrow
Stormcrow

Bruin
Blood Kite
Supernova
Viking IIC
Bane

BETA BINARY

Ryoken II
Grizzly
Grizzly
Arcas
Arcas

Tiberoun
Bear Cub
Pirannha
Ice Ferret
Solitaire

DELTA SUPERNOVA BINARY

Dire Wolf
Warhawk
Kingfisher
Nova Cat
Blood Asp
- with 15x Rogue Bear and 10x Golem Battle Armor

Karhu
Cauldron Born
Summoner
Hellbringer
Hellbringer
- with 25x Elemental Battle Armor

GAMMA SUPERNOVA BINARY

Timber Wolf
Timber Wolf
Timber Wolf
Mad Dog
Mad Dog

Timber Wolf
Mad Dog
Mad Dog
Nova
Nova

ZETA SUPERNOVA BINARY

Viper
Viper
Viper
Fire Moth
Fire Moth

Viper
Viper
Fire Moth
Mist Lynx
Mist Lynx

OMEGA SUPERNOVA BINARY

Stopping Hawk
Shadow Cat
Nova
Kit Fox
Kit Fox
- with 25x Elementals

Tyr Hovertank
Tyr Hovertank
Svantovit Infantry Fighting Vehicle
Svantovit Infantry Fighting Vehicle
SM1 Tank Destroyer
SM1 Tank Destroyer
Epona Hovertank
Epona Hovertank
Epona Hovertank
Epona Hovertank
- with 25x Undine Battle Armor
« Last Edit: 13 January 2020, 20:52:26 by Tyler Jorgensson »

eaglenine2

• Recruit
Re: 1st Ghost Wolf Cluster (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2020, 23:12:22 »
Ghost Wolf?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2020, 01:32:17 »
Long story but basically that’s the name I go under for a call sign sometimes... at least for all video games and whatnot lol. I might come up with a better name: I was thinking about dropping them into a Rasalhague Galaxy so there’s a lot to chose from.

Backgrounds a-coming eventually: the reason it’s a WIP is cause it’s gonna be via my phone at work breaks and lunches.

CJC070

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2020, 20:28:47 »
When in the battletech universe does your unit exist or is it just to create a name for your forces?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2020, 23:20:41 »
It was originally meant to be pre-Jihad or just during but now I’m not so sure. They are all the actual mini’s I have but I’m not quite happy with their organization yet. Mainly that has to do with the fact that people keep selling Elementals cheaply at like two Stars for five bucks or something.

Four Full Trinaries of mechs (plus more when the Kickstarter arrives!), and three Trinaries of Elementals (more when the Kickstarter arrives!) means I can basically have two light clusters or one SuperNova Cluster.... so my problem seems to get larger. Plus I kinda want at least one Star of fighters eventually.

CJC070

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2020, 06:29:05 »
With so many troops I would create two clusters (4 trinaries are still a cluster) from two eras you enjoy.  Plus you can still add fighters at your leisure.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2020, 17:10:03 »
Yeah it’s just part of me hurts at having a Cluster of Two Mech Trinaries and Two Elemental Trinaries, when I definitely want a couple SuperNova’s in the Cluster as well.

It’s what I’m gonna have to do, but it still pains me.

Any suggestions on force composition though on how to group the mechs? My current stars are quite a messed up mix.

CJC070

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2020, 18:53:06 »
Don't look at me, I tend to stay in 3039 with only slightly modified battlemechs.  I only joined Kickstarter for the unseen (and Comstar/SLDF units).

I would say that you probably separate based on best defensive units vs offensive units.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2020, 19:38:39 »
Fair enough: I’ll take any and all opinions from anyone and formulate my own answers from them.

It’s easy to do 3039 with all the previous box sets, and obviously the new Kickstarter non-clan forces. I’ve gotten personally worn out with them so I went hard on acquiring more modern stuff.

CJC070

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2020, 20:40:56 »
Understood, personally I always find it in the Dark Age books overwhelming trying to figure out what in fiction what the battlemech is and how it is used.  Not to mention all the number of mechs with two names is annoying.