Author Topic: Warship Race Redux  (Read 91564 times)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Re: Warship Race Redux
« Reply #1230 on: 21 October 2020, 16:36:17 »
Don’t forget the waiting in the Kickstarter we’re waiting on.

Got bored at worked developed a whole RP where the FRR evolved from this PoR and I’ve got legions of Warships, mechs, and a full working infrastructure.... just cause I was bored.

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1231 on: 22 October 2020, 07:52:42 »
So where's your Rasalhague thread for us?  ;)

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1232 on: 22 October 2020, 14:31:54 »
So where's your Rasalhague thread for us?  ;)

Currently on scrap paper in my room lol. Working in refining it some more into more a more reasonable thing. Like a bit of backstory on how the PoR didn’t get absorbed by the DC, survived the Amaris and Succession Wars, etc

EDIT: I've got a bit of working ideas... but basically it will be a side project 9ill probably never finish lol). Going to modify the thread's history a bit to spread it out more. I think I'm going to have them get in close with the SL so that I don't have to explain an SLDF formation there, or how Amaris didn't raise a couple of Secret Divisions there. How during the Succession wars their fleet got ground down between the Lyrans and the Combine, but by 3025 and the end of the Fourth War were the same size as 3049 FRR but with increased navies (ala the whole idea of this thread kinda). That and maybe a post Amaris RWR or Finmark Republic..... IDK.... like I said side project at work when im bored.

EDIT EDIT: Think Il also start a Thread in Fan Fiction just for when im bored sitting at my farms in Minecraft.... yup I'm a nerd.
« Last Edit: 22 October 2020, 23:01:15 by Tyler Jorgensson »

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1233 on: 06 November 2020, 07:58:01 »
Is Smegish back?  Has Kindalas finished battles? 

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1234 on: 06 November 2020, 08:04:15 »
I'd love see these battles.  :drool:
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1235 on: 06 November 2020, 17:14:47 »
AFAIK not yet. I’ve been working on the PoR 3049 on and off over the past couple weeks... mostly on paper. Gonna write some more tonight. Maybe I might finish it for National Writing Month lol

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #1236 on: 06 November 2020, 21:07:50 »
Marian Hegemony are selling slaves to any potential buyer, quarter mil for each lot of 500! Cheap, slightly used but affordable.  Many variables available, buy three bulk loads for just a Half Mil! SALE! Own your own colony?  Stock up now! Limited services,  not available outside the periphery,  some exclusions apply. Sales taxes, product conditioning and legal ownership of " stock ", non-transferable.

Mr. Pi LLC.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1237 on: 06 November 2020, 23:03:24 »
Just an FYI: The vessels in my PoR 3049 thread are NOT the ones used for this WRR. I will put a disclaimer in that thread too.

kindalas

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1238 on: 08 November 2020, 09:58:20 »
I'd love see these battles.  :drool:

I need to get my parts done.

But I'm slowly working on it.

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1239 on: 08 November 2020, 11:15:44 »
I need to get my parts done.

But I'm slowly working on it.
Perhaps you could hand off one of your battles to someone else?

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1240 on: 21 November 2020, 08:54:14 »
is the smgeman alive? anybody heard from the newly wed? or hes still partying in bangkok, trying to avoid coming home?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1241 on: 22 November 2020, 08:45:29 »
is the smgeman alive? anybody heard from the newly wed? or hes still partying in bangkok, trying to avoid coming home?  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I haven't heard anything. 

I'm planning to wait until the end of the month, then post the two battles I did. 

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1242 on: 01 December 2020, 08:27:55 »
I haven't heard anything. 

I'm planning to wait until the end of the month, then post the two battles I did.
Done, hope you like it.  Both sides tried to use smart tactics in multiple ways throughout. 

Just to resolve a few mysteries:
1) Humphreys could have easily taken out the jumpships at Gienah by sending a Marik on top of them.  He intentionally let them go to get a Lyran response uncovering New Kyoto on a predictable timeline.
2) The Lyran fleet jumping in to support Natash was from Skye.  When the New Kyoto fleet left, the Skye fleet was repositioned to the Alcor nadir point and ran constantly updating solutions to New Kyoto. 
3) A jump circuit was used to bring word of the Gienah battle to the New Kyoto fleet before it jumped into New Kyoto.
4) The New Kyoto battle was entirely winnable by the Mariks given the tactical discoveries of the Gienah battle---I built a simulator to prove it to myself.  Nevertheless, Smegish wanted the Lyrans to keep control of New Kyoto.   

GermanSumo

• Sergeant
« Reply #1243 on: 01 December 2020, 16:09:51 »
awesome writeup and some nice clashes. bonus points for each big blue meanie damage inflicted :D  :D what do you think... mariks lost quite a lot more in these clashes, despite doing substantial damage to the yards?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1244 on: 01 December 2020, 16:29:09 »
Illyrian Palatinate's time might be up in this era.

Since I got a new 'Puter and all...

Just sayin'

Conclusio Mariali vertente Hegemony vivat!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1245 on: 01 December 2020, 19:43:35 »
awesome writeup and some nice clashes. bonus points for each big blue meanie damage inflicted :D  :D what do you think... mariks lost quite a lot more in these clashes, despite doing substantial damage to the yards?
On paper, the Marik's look underarmored and overpriced.  They undoubtedly could use an armor refit, but their structure makes them more durable than I initially expected---warships can zombie mode better than just about any other unit from the side aspect.   As far as price, the versatility of the docking collars is a reasonable tradeoff once you get to medium dropships.  Combat dropships are effectively glass cannons which at least augment warships noticeably.  Large dropships will change that equation again and large dropships vs. stationary targets with remote launches will be extra interesting.

Alsadius

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1246 on: 03 December 2020, 09:59:35 »
Where did the battles get posted? I don't see them offhand.

Edit: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/aerospace/warship-arms-race-the-in-character-stuff/msg1649233/#new

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1247 on: 03 December 2020, 17:39:03 »
Where did the battles get posted? I don't see them offhand.

Edit: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/aerospace/warship-arms-race-the-in-character-stuff/msg1649233/#new
I just posted the ones that I did---I don't have access to the others.

More importantly Smegish isn't responsive, so we don't have a GM at present.   To continue, we need a new plan.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1248 on: 03 December 2020, 17:52:29 »
He has RL...

He happens to be on my facebook, as is Marcus.

It's currently a pandemic, and summer where he is, not to mention a new wife and that other stuff that goes with it!

" Something honey? ... yes my love... ( sigh ) yes, dear... fine... ( Ugh! Why did I marry again? ) Sure thing love of my life! No more Battletech you say? Well... you look ever so lovely today, as do your mum. ( shudder ) "

Smegish I jest of course... Hope your life is swell! And as soon as this pandemic is over, the better we can get the twice a month posts again.

I wonder if we should run a Ground Redux as well?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1249 on: 04 December 2020, 18:40:53 »
He has RL...

He happens to be on my facebook, as is Marcus.

It's currently a pandemic, and summer where he is, not to mention a new wife and that other stuff that goes with it!

" Something honey? ... yes my love... ( sigh ) yes, dear... fine... ( Ugh! Why did I marry again? ) Sure thing love of my life! No more Battletech you say? Well... you look ever so lovely today, as do your mum. ( shudder ) "

Smegish I jest of course... Hope your life is swell! And as soon as this pandemic is over, the better we can get the twice a month posts again.

I wonder if we should run a Ground Redux as well?

TT

Lol not against you I won’t :)

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1250 on: 02 January 2021, 06:38:51 »
Lol not against you I won’t :)

I wonder why, do tell... please?  8)

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1251 on: 02 January 2021, 16:53:14 »
Well first off: Happy New Year’s all!

Secondly: you’d produce all these custom little tanks and combat vehicles and swarm the Inner Sphere like Mercer Ravannion has a baby with the Taurian meme about vehicles. Knowing your expertise in the area means we will all be hard pressed to stop you even with mechs. Lol

Seriously it would be a challenge for sure.

That being said I’d like to continue to Warship one at some point or another (or restart it but for that admins would need to be acquired), but maybe I’d throw in for a ground version.

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #1252 on: 02 January 2021, 20:32:54 »
A ground version would be interesting. At least I know how to design non-infantry ground units.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1253 on: 03 January 2021, 21:26:51 »
Well...

IF we do get started again, yeah, willing to continue.

BUT if we start a 3rd time, I do hope we can do some ground stuff...

Attacking via jumper with no warship support....

Ideal?

I say link it as Warship Redux III : Ground Attack!

And label the WS one as Warship Redux III : Aero Attack! or something like that...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Lagrange

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1254 on: 08 January 2021, 10:18:18 »
For success, it seems we need to decrease the load on the GMs even further.   Having the map was super-helpful, but it seems the battles end up taking to much energy for sustainability.

Perhaps a system where the GMs define the battles that happen and anyone non-conflicted can resolve them as desired on a first-come-first-serve basis?

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #1255 on: 10 January 2021, 07:18:05 »
And here I just forgot about it for a month.

I do think we need a system that can automate as many actions and calculations as possible.
That said, a scope of about 5 turns, give or take, seems about the limit of motivation.
We also have to factor in that an efficient way to build ships with the given rules is nothing like the canon designs, and some people might just go in with the wrong expectations and become disillusioned and demotivated. It really isn't a well thought out ruleset, unlike the ground rules.
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1256 on: 10 January 2021, 13:15:08 »
Why not do it as in tabletop, 1 turn aero, and 2-3 turns ground? But different planets?  Each official turn / decade?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1257 on: 12 January 2021, 10:22:19 »
I’ll only disagree with the motivation to turn ratio due to it being 2020 after all. I know it was a rough year for me.

Lagrange definitely hits on the point of sourcing out the battles to those interested in writing it.

The only problem with dual aero/ground Redux would be maintaining two budgets (ideally) or forcing things you want to do with only one budget. An interesting theory the second one there as it really raises how you want your faction to play out.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1258 on: 14 January 2021, 00:15:18 »
I see forcing one budget as, well IRL... ( there I go again, drowning catgirls!! ), it's what every country does today.

IF we do this, allow a build up of arms, not just naval, but for both.

Yeah, nay?

Army or Navy... cause Aero is in both.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1259 on: 18 May 2021, 09:16:23 »
So a bit of Necro... but how’s everyone doing? Anyone around to continue? Restart? Re-do? Change-up?

Idk I just got a bit of creative inspiration on the PoR 3049 stuff I was working on and started writing again and was like... ‘damn now I want more Warship Redux two! (Pun intended!)’

Register