Author Topic: Nebula Confederation Ships (w. Art)  (Read 11543 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Nebula Confederation Ships (w. Art)
« Reply #60 on: 03 June 2024, 06:09:24 »
I've update the wiki with the notes
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Korzon77

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 08 June 2024, 17:29:47 »
Heh, I've been thinking of writing something from the perspective of one of hte Inner Sphere visitors considering what this tech would do for the IS and why it's a good thing it doesn't exist. Anyone interestested?

On another note, I'm not certain if the ships are practically slower than IS ships in FTL, which is to say:

An advanced skipcore is 4ly/day. A KF drive can do up to 30LY (without batter), BUT, it has to charge, generally 7 days. So an advanced skipcore is only slightly slower than a KF drive--and we have another advantage.

Once insystem, the jumpship is anywhere from 7 to 10 days away from most habitable zones, unless it wants to try for a more risky jump to a pirate point (and if you run the numbers on the possibility of a problem, anyone trying to do this on a regular basis isn't likely to make it for very long before an oops occurs). A skipcore ship, the aforementioned advanced core does 176 AU per turn. Pluto is 39 AUs from the sun, meaning that once in system, a skipcore drive ship could make it to port in negligible time, eliminating both transit and docking time for a dropship. Granted, at busy ports, there are probably dropships waiting to dock as the inbound droppers leave, but in any case, at max speed, and presuming say a tramp freighter, a skipjump ship could head in system, get the cargo, zip out and go back into FTL long, long before the jumpship could, while also refueling, since they could just purify some hydrogen from local supplies.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #62 on: 08 June 2024, 19:32:16 »
I think the skip drive is revolutionary if it's handled right, depending how exotic the drive is.  The advanced drive properly has components that properly so hard get that keep the drive from breaking AU.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Korzon77

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 08 June 2024, 22:02:03 »
In the canon setting, any level of skip drie would break the entire sociopolitical system over it's knee. Even the slow drives would turn "days of warning" in to hours, at best for ground troops.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #64 on: 09 June 2024, 05:06:51 »
It will also depend if the technology spreads fast or one faction manages to keep it to themselves.
If it spreads then the local defenders will also react as fast.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: 09 June 2024, 17:32:25 »
Made some changes:
- Hopefully clarified the rules annex on the raised points. 
- Made the prototype version compatible with the fanfic Battletech: Skipping through the Stars, because why not.
- Updated the credits section.

[edit link outdated]
« Last Edit: 14 June 2024, 15:51:27 by Maingunnery »
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #66 on: 09 June 2024, 19:37:43 »
Is this final update?

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #67 on: 09 June 2024, 19:46:22 »
Is this final update?
Only if there are no issues/problems, then I will rename the file to the final version.
When it becomes finalized then I will post it in a new thread in the fanfiction section.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #68 on: 09 June 2024, 19:51:15 »
I'll redo the Field Report: Nebula Confederation once your go it together, I'll make it into a normal sourcebook page.

Korzon77

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: 10 June 2024, 01:34:28 »
Looks good: One last note, on the Egg ship you have the following statement:

" Imp. Heavy Gauss Rifles “Torpedo Launcher”"

Does that mean that the improved heavy gauss rifle can use the payloads for the torpedo launcher (albeit with less damage). If so, you might want to note that on the chart, and mention which payloads are not usable (Cocoon is pretty likely not usable with standard scale eapons).

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 10 June 2024, 11:53:54 »
Looks good: One last note, on the Egg ship you have the following statement:

" Imp. Heavy Gauss Rifles “Torpedo Launcher”"

Does that mean that the improved heavy gauss rifle can use the payloads for the torpedo launcher (albeit with less damage). If so, you might want to note that on the chart, and mention which payloads are not usable (Cocoon is pretty likely not usable with standard scale eapons).
Good point, I have altered the table (see attachment). Both the Cocoon and Fusion options should not be available for the standard scale Gauss weapons.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 14 June 2024, 16:04:09 »
Thanks everyone.

It is now posted in the fan fiction section.

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=85202.0

Register