Author Topic: How do you repair?  (Read 811 times)

1000Foot

• Private
How do you repair?
« on: 25 April 2020, 08:45:26 »
Just started with MM and MekHq. I know this is a stupid question but googling has turned up nothing.

I have two lances of mechs. I have a tech for each and I'm full of astechs. I have ordered all required parts and I can see each repair task with the required minutes to fix the item. I advance several days and nothing changes. This isn't one isolated item, everything from armor repairs, weapon reloads, missing limbs, gyro and engine hits, nothing seems to get fixed.

I gave up on my campaign after several breaches and just started advancing months at a time. It's been 3 or 4 months in game and none of my repair seem to have changed status. What gives? What am I doing wrong?

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: How do you repair?
« Reply #1 on: 25 April 2020, 09:22:29 »
Did you assign the techs and do the repair tasks?

This is a pretty good video show it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0hGKS-AaLw
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

1000Foot

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 25 April 2020, 09:32:31 »
Thank you! That video helps. I thought assigning a tech would mean he'd work on the repairs but you actually need to click a task, click a tech and then click the Do Task button. That's a bit more micromanagement than I had expected.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 25 April 2020, 10:08:49 »
Their is a mass salvage mass repair function but documentation is weak, and it depends on understanding the basics of repair.

Dev Note:
Any users of MSMR that could write up a description of how to set it up and use, it would be appreciated. We would add that to our Wiki
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord