Register Register

Author Topic: Two Guns Blazing's Terrain!  (Read 1798 times)

Two Guns Blazing

• Master Sergeant
Re: Two Guns Blazing's Terrain!
« Reply #30 on: 02 July 2020, 05:31:18 »
I finished off doing a few more rocky outcroppings and spraying the Plasti-Dip on the last of the road sections, and I also mucked around with some basing for the test buildings.

Below are some pics of a combination of some of the terrain I've completed so far.

John's taken a contract to defend a small outpost from an enemy attack...his early warning equipment has alerted him to sensor trace movement a few km to the North, likely a couple of Mechs and a half dozen armoured vehicles crammed with Infantry, which fits with the enemy strength and composition he was given during his contract briefing. The sensor traces appear to be in an open formation, heading on a bearing to intersect the outpost's location, and he has deployed his Lance in a fairly open formation to avoid any potential artillery strikes getting 2-for-1 lucky, whilst still being able to counter any potential assault, or at least slow it to give him enough time to adjust his plan if needed.

I think that'll do me for a while. I bought a new 3D printer, which should arrive in August some time and once I get that I'll start printing a heap of buildings. The buildings I will focus on will be small stuff rather than a large collection of city terrain sky scrapers etc, stuff that can be used as small military objectives as part of the gaming scenarios and also be thematic to this red planet gaming set-up...under each of the buildings I print-and-paint in the future, I will place a 3mm thick "concrete slab", I think that will add a cool look to the buildings.

I also really want to try a grey paint scheme for the buildings, which I'll do over the next week.

« Last Edit: 02 July 2020, 07:31:57 by Two Guns Blazing »

Daryk

• Colonel
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #31 on: 02 July 2020, 15:48:16 »
Looking good!  :thumbsup:

Renard

• Corporal
« Reply #32 on: 13 July 2020, 19:54:39 »
Have you thought about clear bases so that terrain/buildings/trees let the underlying map bleed through if you change settings?  I guess you love the mojave desert theme though

Two Guns Blazing

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: 14 July 2020, 08:11:05 »
Have you thought about clear bases so that terrain/buildings/trees let the underlying map bleed through if you change settings?  I guess you love the mojave desert theme though

I did think briefly about clear acrylic bases, and it is a good idea that a lot of people use, but I can't take to it myself. I much prefer to have modelled bases.

I do intend to make other mats, I am working on a grass one now...the trees and roads will suit that perfectly, and I will print out a set of differently shaped hex hills for that, as well as some different rocky outcroppings...

SeeM

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #34 on: 14 July 2020, 08:41:26 »
It's clear, it's readable, it's playable and it looks good. That's harder than You may think.
(+)

Tweezer

• Recruit
« Reply #35 on: 26 July 2020, 12:03:52 »
Not sure if I missed it but where did you source the mat itself from? I’ve been looking for a mat which has larger hexes on it to build my terrain for.

Two Guns Blazing

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 27 July 2020, 01:32:32 »
Not sure if I missed it but where did you source the mat itself from? I’ve been looking for a mat which has larger hexes on it to build my terrain for.

I made the image for the mat myself in Photoshop and Inkscape, and ordered the mat through Deep Cut Studio. They also have a custom mat order function where you can use one of their own images, and choose to have hexes and set the size of those hexes to whatever you like.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #37 on: Today at 07:51:40 »
I am impressed. :thumbsup: