Register Register

Author Topic: 'Mech of the Week: Thunder Stallion  (Read 1434 times)

JadeHellbringer

• Твоя мать была хомяком ...
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • TurquoiseKitFox!
Re: 'Mech of the Week: Thunder Stallion
« Reply #30 on: 04 July 2020, 17:36:49 »
Hey kids! Want to keep those vulnerable flanks of your Thunder Stallion pest-free? You're a Hells Horses player, right? Silly goose, you need a point of Kus on guard duty! They're tough, they're able to easily keep pace with the waddling beast, they have plenty of options in their toy chest to deal with problems at any range, and- let's be real- they're fairly disposable if you need to make a tough choice. Tell 'em Hellbie sent you!
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."

+Crow T. Robot+

Ruger

• Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #31 on: 04 July 2020, 18:50:55 »
Hey kids! Want to keep those vulnerable flanks of your Thunder Stallion pest-free? You're a Hells Horses player, right? Silly goose, you need a point of Kus on guard duty! They're tough, they're able to easily keep pace with the waddling beast, they have plenty of options in their toy chest to deal with problems at any range, and- let's be real- they're fairly disposable if you need to make a tough choice. Tell 'em Hellbie sent you!

How about a mixed Nova of two or three Thunder Stallion’s with the rest of the points as Ku’s all accompanied by Nova points of Buraq’s.

Could be known as a “Thundering Herd” Nova.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

UnLimiTeD

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: 04 July 2020, 18:51:49 »
Tell 'em Hellbie sent you!
As long as they don't have to use your dice.
Totally forgot those exist. They certainly have fitting looks.  :P

There is obviously the option of using one as an actual troop transport...
Savannah Masters are the Pringles of Battletech.
Ooo! OOOOOOO! That was a bad one!...and I liked it.

Cannonshop

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 04 July 2020, 20:26:44 »
I used to call it the "Blunderstud", and used it as a blunderbuss working with Elemental stars in certain scenarios.  the mini was a pain to paint and mine didn't seem to be able to stay standing until I found an Extra Large base I could fasten it to.
The core rules for interacting with me:

1.) I am not a moderator, game developer, member of Cryptic staff, relative of any members of cryptic staff, not close friends with anyone involved with the game, not a distributor of product, not an employee, employer, professional reviewer, or member of any powerful conspiracies.  What I think is my own and has no impact on the Battletech franchise in any way, shape, or form.

2) If you don't like something I've said, refer to rule 1.  If you do, god help you poor soul, you're screwed up.

five_corparty

• Master Sergeant
  • Say it, Admiral! Say the line!
« Reply #34 on: 24 July 2020, 18:49:45 »
Corrections:
Quad prone behind partial cover: out of line of sight, and cannot target other 'mechs
Quad hull down: +0, attacks are resolved the same way as usual

But yeah, hull down behind partial cover is kind of nuts.

So the squat is a way to gain an additional +1 in terrain (but not in the open)?  And does it also work behind partial cover?

and, MAN, this REALLY helps the Quads, because they're crazy vulnerable with those big open sides...  :(
"Inside the Army, we squabble about which part of the Army gets the most stuff.  After a while, some really important general comes down and tells us to knock it off and 'cooperate.' If we don’t, the bad people will whack us and even the Air Force won’t be able to bail us out. This is called 'combined arms.' "  FM 3-0 Operations (Simple Version: "Doctrine for Dummies")

Register