Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan  (Read 145756 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Upcoming Releases XVII: Licensed to IlClan
« Reply #60 on: 30 July 2020, 11:47:14 »
So, after Bonfire of Worlds, which stories should one read and in what order? To cover the end of the Dark Age that is.

Sounds like Hour of the Wolf is the last one in the list.

Well . . . put Redemption Rift in before Bonfire, I think it happens in 3138s?  While Bonfire goes up to 3142.

So . . .

Mechwarrior:  Dark Age #10- Flight of the Falcon
     Only one still available digitally on Amazon . . . unless you can read German.

Redemption Rift
Bonfire of Worlds
Rock of the Republic (goes both before & after Bonfire)
Anvil/Splinter combo
Shell Games
Gray Watch Protocol
Divided We Fall

Maybe Forever Faithful for background but that is less needed

Redemption & Malice might not be needed, even though it is set in 3148 . . . well, its using a Wolverine name and Star League data.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #61 on: 30 July 2020, 11:59:49 »
Pardoe did an interview on a podcast recently.   He was talking about how one book ended on one sentence and and another one opened immediately afterwards.   That comment didn't really make much sense until that page at the end of Rock.  I am starting to feel that "Hour of the Wolf" ends at the exact same spot that Shattered Fortress ends and that "The Children of Kerensky" will kick off the ilClan.
You know where the podcast was recorded, i haven't found it yet.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #62 on: 30 July 2020, 12:03:25 »
No. Hour of the Wolf is the “latest” book of the fiction that’s been announced. Hour of the Wolf is the novel that is accompanied by the ilClan sourcebook. Children is almost literally a prequel.

Yes, but Children of Kerensky hasn't been announced (other than at the end of Rock) with the epitaph (paraphrased)  "These characters will return in Children of Kerensky and Hour of the Wolf.    So if it's a prequel it feel like it's going to be an immediate (which may be what you meant by "literally") prequel.   Which ever one comes first, it sounds like one will end at the same point as Shattered Fortress and the next will continue the story.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2020, 12:07:50 by Geg »

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #63 on: 30 July 2020, 12:05:14 »
You know where the podcast was recorded, i haven't found it yet.

Here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1oUVHAGeY&feature=share

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #64 on: 30 July 2020, 12:26:01 »
Bonfire of Worlds ends in September 3143.  Following that, we have the following fiction (listed by start-date, though there is some overlap):

3145-04-01: The Death of Glory (Sourcebook Fiction - Field Manual: 3145 - Jason Schmetzer)
3145-05-23: The Walls of Tikograd (Sourcebook Fiction - Era Report: 3145 - Patrick Wynne)
3146-06-06: Bring the Dawn (Sourcebook Fiction - Shattered Fortress - Jason Schmetzer)
3147-09-03: A Splinter of Hope (Novella - Philip A. Lee)
3148-01-20: The Anvil (Novella - Blaine Lee Pardoe)
3148-11-06: Redemption and Malice (Short Story - Clan Invasion Kickstarter - Blaine Lee Pardoe)
3149-03-04: Shell Games (Novel - Catalyst Game Labs - Jason Schmetzer)
3149-04-13: Divided We Fall (Novella - Catalyst Game Labs - Blaine Lee Pardoe)
3149-06-21: Wars and Rumors (Short Story - Shrapnel #1 - Kevin Killiany)
3150-03-13: Operation Knockdown (Sourcebook Fiction - Requiem For a Blue Star - Craig A. Reed, Jr.)
3150-04-03: Rogue Academy - Iron Dawn (Novel - Catalyst Game Labs - Jennifer Brozek)
3150-04-11: Rogue Academy - Ghost Hour (Novel - Catalyst Game Labs - Jennifer Brozek)
3150-04-17: Rogue Academy - Crimson Night (Novel - Catalyst Game Labs - Jennifer Brozek)
3150-06-10: Secrets of the Sphere: The Cameron Question (Short Story - Shrapnel #1 - Michael J. Ciaravella)
3150-09-30: The Highlander Covenant: Gray Watch Protocol (Novel - Catalyst Game Labs - Michael J. Ciaravella)
3151-01-24: Shattered Fortress (Sourcebook - Catalyst Game Labs - Philip A. Lee)

Followed by:

3156-10-01: Surrender Your Dreams (Novel - Blaine Lee Pardoe)

We don't yet have dates for the upcoming releases.

Well . . . put Redemption Rift in before Bonfire, I think it happens in 3138s?  While Bonfire goes up to 3142.

So . . .

Mechwarrior:  Dark Age #10- Flight of the Falcon
     Only one still available digitally on Amazon . . . unless you can read German.

Redemption Rift
Bonfire of Worlds
Rock of the Republic (goes both before & after Bonfire)
Anvil/Splinter combo
Shell Games
Gray Watch Protocol
Divided We Fall

Maybe Forever Faithful for background but that is less needed

Redemption & Malice might not be needed, even though it is set in 3148 . . . well, its using a Wolverine name and Star League data.
Thanks to both of you.
So i gather these cover the big picture sorta?: Rock of the Republic, The Children of Kerensky and Hour of the Wolf.
The Highlander Covenant series seems mildly interesting but not "essential". Will wait to hear more once sequels are out.
As for short fiction, Divided We Fall seems interesting in that Clan/Merc thing. Anvil/Splinter and Shell Games cover a bunch of bigger battles/events.

Also probably need to actually read Shrapnel, i just skimmed over it when i got it.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #65 on: 30 July 2020, 12:28:37 »
Well, we should also have 2 more Highlander stories coming, it depends on what is them and expected to see how important it is . . . Tara Campbell has been a constant of the setting- hates Anastasia who is the Wolf saKhan though that might have mellowed, and fought Malvina a couple of times.

Divided We Fall . . . well, just as Devlin gathers every bit of force he can, so is Alaric . . . he sends a diplomatic mission to the Dragoons to try to recall them to the Wolf Clan banner.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #66 on: 30 July 2020, 13:27:06 »
Camo Specs just posted a small diorama on Facebook that looks amazing!  :thumbsup:
https://www.facebook.com/camospecs

Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #67 on: 30 July 2020, 13:29:14 »
Nova Cats being overwhelmed by ComStar?
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #68 on: 30 July 2020, 13:30:05 »
That really is an amazing diorama!
« Last Edit: 30 July 2020, 16:05:42 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #69 on: 30 July 2020, 13:35:28 »
Nice preview of several of the new minis.  :thumbsup:
I have spoken.

Dulahan

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #70 on: 30 July 2020, 13:39:41 »
Whoa!  That's freaking awesome!

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #71 on: 30 July 2020, 13:48:50 »
That Broadsword is impressive as hell!

I have spoken.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #72 on: 30 July 2020, 13:50:54 »
There any other this is what would've been the big release day of Gen Con announcements or releases planned?

In case you missed it, here's the comprehensive list of stuff that's coming out through the 3rd Quarter and into the 4th. A few dates have slipped--need to update those soon--and a few smaller products aren't on there yet, but it's mostly complete.

https://bg.battletech.com/books/upcoming-releases/

In years past, Gen Con Thursday did often serve as a major point of new releases, stuff no one had seen before, and announcements. But that was a bug, not a feature, and was a symptom of poor communications in times when there wasn't a physical booth with thousands of people walking through it and taking pictures of what's new. I've actively tried to steer us away from "It's Gen Con, surprise, here's all the new stuff you can't buy anywhere!"

Over the past couple years, people have sometimes been disappointed that "there's nothing new" at the Gen Con booth. More correctly, there's nothing new that you didn't already know about because we're trying to do a better job of not springing product on customers.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #73 on: 30 July 2020, 14:34:53 »
Amazing diorama!

Anxiously awaiting TRO Golden Century!!

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #74 on: 30 July 2020, 14:46:41 »
Holy diarama batman!

Crusader painted up, love it.

/weeps at the beauty

:'( :'( :'(

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 30 July 2020, 15:47:49 »
Very cool Diorama video

https://youtu.be/XCF-qlts1uE
Everyone, watch the video.  The best part is at the end. :thumbsup:

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #76 on: 30 July 2020, 16:11:27 »
Holy diarama batman!

Crusader painted up, love it.

/weeps at the beauty

:'( :'( :'(

It’s the chunky boi we deserve. The IWM 3085 CRD-8L was but an appetizer

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 30 July 2020, 16:18:59 »
Well, we should also have 2 more Highlander stories coming, it depends on what is them and expected to see how important it is . . . Tara Campbell has been a constant of the setting- hates Anastasia who is the Wolf saKhan though that might have mellowed, and fought Malvina a couple of times.

Divided We Fall . . . well, just as Devlin gathers every bit of force he can, so is Alaric . . . he sends a diplomatic mission to the Dragoons to try to recall them to the Wolf Clan banner.

I would be very OK with Anastasia and Tara killing each other off. Remove two of the original faction leaders from DA with one action. I don't think there's anyone left. Sure, Tormark may be hanging out on New Samarkand but she's effectively neutralized.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #78 on: 30 July 2020, 16:22:08 »
I would be very OK with Anastasia and Tara killing each other off. Remove two of the original faction leaders from DA with one action. I don't think there's anyone left. Sure, Tormark may be hanging out on New Samarkand but she's effectively neutralized.

Technically Kal Radick was the original leader of the Steel Wolves. But yes, that would be a fitting end.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #79 on: 30 July 2020, 16:23:41 »
True, but Kal had a death mark on him so bright at the beginning, he doesn't count.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #80 on: 30 July 2020, 16:32:34 »
Here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN1oUVHAGeY&feature=share
HUh..i thought Tex was running interview. No wonder i couldn't find it! XD.  Thank you!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 30 July 2020, 18:58:22 »
We need more books!  :ticked:

Rock of the Republic on its own isn't enough to get me free shipping.  ;D
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #82 on: 30 July 2020, 19:34:04 »
Technically Kal Radick was the original leader of the Steel Wolves. But yes, that would be a fitting end.

I would rather have reasonable narrative deaths than just tossing two survivors off the boat.  The MWDA faction leader I would rather kick off is Daoshen . . . he is well past his expiration date for a House Lord.
Colt Ward

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #83 on: 30 July 2020, 20:08:49 »
Everything from the Pod interview for Mr. Pardoe suggested the hour of the wolf is going to be the big one! Tukayyid of the Dar Age era turn ilClan.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #84 on: 30 July 2020, 20:28:58 »
Seems like a good place to insert this.

Blaine’s Unofficial Reading List to Prepare for ilClan
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #85 on: 30 July 2020, 20:36:43 »
Love the meme! :D
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #86 on: 30 July 2020, 20:38:24 »
The don’t be a bob section reminds me about what I say about my syllabi: each oddly specific rule or policy is born from an equally specific interaction involving a time when I did not have that rule or policy in writing

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #87 on: 31 July 2020, 00:44:53 »
So its Friday here in Ireland :D Gimme!
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #88 on: 31 July 2020, 01:00:30 »
Meh. It has been Friday here for 16 hours.

Greeting from the astounding future! We have cookies.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #89 on: 31 July 2020, 01:18:08 »
roughly twelve hours to go

Register