Author Topic: Active probes and hidden units  (Read 1423 times)

dgorsman

• Captain
Active probes and hidden units
« on: 05 December 2020, 15:26:51 »
How are active probes supposed to work?  Just had a unit with a probe run right into a hidden unit that had been within range and direct LOS of the probe for several turns.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
Re: Active probes and hidden units
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2022, 20:37:17 »
*raises hand* Me asks Q too

retort questions:

1) What was the version of MMHQ you played?

2) what (if any) special rules did you have in effect during the mission?

3) What sensor mode was the unit with BAP on (Mech, Magscan, Semic, or BAP/AP?) during the turn that units should have been detected?
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

ArcFurnace

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 20 November 2022, 00:09:21 »
What sort of unit was it? Some units (e.g. battle armor mounting stealth armor) are immune to detection by active probes while hidden.

Sensor mode shouldn't matter, that affects the double-blind sensor spotting rules, not the "detect hidden units" active probe function.

ThePW

• Lieutenant
  • One post down, a thousand to g... Oh we're here?
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2022, 02:01:06 »
What sort of unit was it? Some units (e.g. battle armor mounting stealth armor) are immune to detection by active probes while hidden.

Sensor mode shouldn't matter, that affects the double-blind sensor spotting rules, not the "detect hidden units" active probe function.

Double Blind does a lot of bad things (at list in Megamek) when it comes to BAPs C3 systems in general.
Even my Page posting rate is better than my KPD rate IG...

2Feb2023: The day my main toon on DDO/Cannith, an Artificer typically in the back, TANKED in a LH VoD.

Register