Author Topic: adding units during a match on an indeterminate round  (Read 871 times)

Plinythemechwarrior

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
adding units during a match on an indeterminate round
« on: 18 December 2020, 20:15:15 »
One of the scenarios I am running (HTP Misery: Quantity Isn't Everything) requires reinforcements to be added either on turn 20, or when the last of the units currently on the field are destroyed.

How can I set Megamek to allow me to add mechs on an indeterminate round?

I play with multiple people (not bots) per team. When I tried using "File ->Unit List -> Reinforce from MUL" it will only give me the units, not my allies.

I could traitor the units, but that's slow to implement in the command box.

I could give each player his own MUL for his reinforcements, but that requires a lot of fiddling.

Thanks!
Capellans delenda est               Agent #1014, Prince Rupert, Canada

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Re: adding units during a match on an indeterminate round
« Reply #1 on: 18 December 2020, 20:55:21 »
At present, I think giving each player their own MUL, which they select to reinforce with at the appropriate trigger point, is the only way to do this, other than the reinforce-and-traitor cycle that you've already noted.

There is an RFE already raised on the GitHub regarding being able to pick which player gets reinforced, if you want to add an additional comment to back it up ... https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/issues/2403

I think having event-triggered reinforcements would be some considerable way further off! :)
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Plinythemechwarrior

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
Re: adding units during a match on an indeterminate round
« Reply #2 on: 19 December 2020, 00:03:00 »
At present, I think giving each player their own MUL, which they select to reinforce with at the appropriate trigger point, is the only way to do this, other than the reinforce-and-traitor cycle that you've already noted.

There is an RFE already raised on the GitHub regarding being able to pick which player gets reinforced, if you want to add an additional comment to back it up ... https://github.com/MegaMek/megamek/issues/2403

Thanks for the info, Simon!

I registered to GitHub just to back up your comment :)
Capellans delenda est               Agent #1014, Prince Rupert, Canada