Author Topic: New Stable Release 0.48.0 for MegaMek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ  (Read 60452 times)

dgorsman

• Captain
Re: New Stable Release 0.48.0 for MegaMek, MegaMekLab, and MekHQ
« Reply #90 on: 19 December 2022, 15:49:44 »
So one of those odd save and reload bugs? Strange, but there are several pita bugs like that.

Unable to remove external ordnance on salvaged aircraft, support/auxiliary units showing up in multiple scenarios, and changing camo selection on allied/enemy forces come to mind.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #91 on: 29 December 2022, 18:03:10 »
This is weird. . . not sure if it's a bug or my machine due to some updates, but while in Repair Bay, and clicking on 'Parts Aqcuisition', my Window's header turns white, as if another window has opened up, but no new window appears.  Hitting Alt-F4 returns me to the Repair Bay screen.  Clicking any of the Available Reports on Command Center has the same problem.  Same if I try Report

I recently had to restore my computer (Win 10) after a crap-tastic 'security update', but everything else seems to work fine. . .  Ran a couple of battles, but have to manually order parts through 'Procurement Information' under the Command Center.  I installed a new, 'clean' extract of 0.48 to a new directory, but same issue.

Anyone else ever have this?

Trip
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2023 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.

dgorsman

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: 31 December 2022, 16:51:32 »
Not sure about the alt-F4, but if it's off screen then alt-spacebar/M/arrow key usually does the trick with windows off-screen.

There's also a chance that it's shrunk down to minimum size which I've seen with a few dialogs - somehow they get pushed down to little more than the minimize/close boxes at the top-right, small enough to miss easily.  Once found it needs to be dragged out to it's proper size.
Think about it.  It's what we do.
- The Society

Thunder LRMs: the gift that keeps on giving.  They're the glitter of the BattleTech universe.

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #93 on: 31 December 2022, 17:53:17 »
Not sure about the alt-F4, but if it's off screen then alt-spacebar/M/arrow key usually does the trick with windows off-screen.

There's also a chance that it's shrunk down to minimum size which I've seen with a few dialogs - somehow they get pushed down to little more than the minimize/close boxes at the top-right, small enough to miss easily.  Once found it needs to be dragged out to it's proper size.

I'm trying that, but no luck. . . it's as if the windows simply don't exist on my desktop.  Weeeeird. . .  :o
DISCLAIMER: All thoughts and ideas put forth in this communication are sole property of the voices in my head. ©1998-2023 - 'The Voices' (TM). All rights reserved.

TriplerSDMB

• Corporal
  • I ♥ C4
« Reply #94 on: 02 January 2023, 13:56:09 »
So, I decided to un-install Java Runtime 8 and re-install it.  Then re-downloaded 0.48 using Hammer's link above in the OP.  All funtionality seems to be restored, but I now have to restore my personnel roster.  I have no idea what happened, nor what I did to fix it, other than the reinstallations . . .     

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: 06 January 2023, 17:09:20 »
Is there going to be a new stable release sometime? The current one is a year and a half old, and my luck is uneven with development releases.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #96 on: 07 January 2023, 02:36:17 »
Is there going to be a new stable release sometime? The current one is a year and a half old, and my luck is uneven with development releases.

I know .49 was a venture into Java11 so they are working with a new set up. They have also talked about continuing to move forward with Java17 as well.

We just got a new dev release with a big new feature, so they’ll probably want to stabilize and perfect the AS conversion before the next dev release at least.

The MM discord is fairly active and things are being worked on. .46 to .48 was a year and half.]

I wouldn’t count on soon, but more is always coming from these folks.

From the 49.11 update by hammer

Stable 0.50.0 Status Update
We are still working on the development portion of the current dev cycle. We've been able to implement a new version of Gradle (our build language) starting with this release (0.49.11) we've added support for Java 17. This will require more testing and we encourage players to use the programs with Java 17, Java 11 at this time remains our recommened choice. We are still working on the connection stability issues. Until we resolve these issues and confirm Java 17 stability we can't move ahead with a new Stable, and we have no ETA for this. With a milestone of 0.50.0 we need to make sure we get it right. [/quote

« Last Edit: 07 January 2023, 02:41:51 by Kerfuffin(925) »
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #97 on: 07 January 2023, 14:11:16 »

We are still a good ways off from a new Stable (see comments above). We have numerous under the hood changes still in progress. If you're willing to move to Java 11 or running Java 17 you can run Dev releases separate from the Stable.

I can say that the following Dev releases have had very few issues.

0.49.7 will require Java 11, and in hindsight could have been a Stable release
0.49.10 will require Java 11 ONLY
0.49.11 will require Java 11 or 17

If I was going to Recommend an entry point for a Dev release that you could stay on for a while it would be 0.49.7, but 0.49.11 is also looking really good.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

McSlayer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #98 on: 16 May 2023, 11:05:36 »
Can any of the MekHQ's summarize the total tonnage of your warehouse?

I am trying to find out how many spare parts I can fit (a "complete" full list) onto a DS like the Condor, so we
know if the spare parts make an adequate list?

thanks.
You might not live more than once, better make it good.

I was born 6-gun in my hand, Behind a gun I'll make my final stand, That's why they call me... Bad Company...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #99 on: 22 October 2023, 09:41:16 »
Has it been reported an issue with MegaMeklab 48.0 Stable release being unable to load units with SubCapital Lasers/1s?    I received file of a warship with these weapons loaded, got error saying they were "The following equipment slots failed to load:"   I'm unsure if file itself is issue.  I tried recreate it and it won't load them.  Maybe this problem with this version of MegaMek Lab or not I can't tell. 
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #100 on: 22 October 2023, 14:42:47 »
Has it been reported an issue with MegaMeklab 48.0 Stable release being unable to load units with SubCapital Lasers/1s?    I received file of a warship with these weapons loaded, got error saying they were "The following equipment slots failed to load:"   I'm unsure if file itself is issue.  I tried recreate it and it won't load them.  Maybe this problem with this version of MegaMek Lab or not I can't tell.

If I had to guess this was made in a Dev version. We try to maintain backwards compatibility but we sometimes can't. If I load the file into .48 MML and a single Sub Cap laser then save. I get the correct name, by hand editing the rest I was able to get it to load.

But as we've said a few time, .48 Stable is very long in the tooth with no replacement on the horizon yet. We are encouraging players to move to a release like 49.14 or the new 49.15. They have significant improvements
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #101 on: 22 October 2023, 15:29:46 »
Okay.  I downloaded the dev for MegaMekLab and it seems work fine.   So thing that baffles me is that 48 stable, if i nuke the weapons and try put them back on.  It still happened for some reason.  :tongue:

I'll just use 49.15 dev from now on.  Thank you, Hammer, for assisting me.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #102 on: 19 January 2024, 21:09:30 »
Link for reference.

We have a new approach to Stable versus Development.

See here - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,83774.0.html
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker