Author Topic: Rann’s Raiders Mercenary Company  (Read 6880 times)

Bold Raider

• Recruit
Re: Rann’s Raiders Mercenary Company
« Reply #30 on: 16 May 2022, 21:30:14 »
Thank you!

It has been a ton of fun.  Now I got kids saving up birthday money and allowances to buy more mechs.  And I am not going to lie... I am still eyeing some enforcers and I know for a fact I want a few Starslayers when they come out.  So, 2nd Company is just a matter of time.  What I am currently thinking is when I get to the 2nd and 3rd Companies... ill fold all the light lances into the 3rd Company, making it a Recon/Raiding Company.  Then 1st Company and 2nd Company will be battle companies with heavier setups.  Its fun to think about. 

I added a bit more to the models.  I felt the bone side needed a bit of oomph to excite me more.  I used the Citadel contrast paint Dark Angels Green and I was hoping it would lighten up a bit more.  But im red/green deficient/color blind so it doesn't pop out to me as much as I would like.  Regardless I like it.  Now I just need to get good at freehanding the dagger/double R combo and ill be content.

« Last Edit: 16 May 2022, 21:33:07 by Bold Raider »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #31 on: 17 May 2022, 03:15:39 »
The shoulders are a nice touch, but yeah... it looks black, not green.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #32 on: 17 May 2022, 17:08:30 »
very nice
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Bold Raider

• Recruit
« Reply #33 on: 20 May 2022, 22:09:55 »
Thanks guys.  I like them.  Its a shame the green is dark than I would like... but I guess I can try to do some high-lighting and bring it up a notch.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #34 on: 17 June 2022, 10:45:31 »
Starslayers are great mechs with a great name.  Best of luck.