Author Topic: Battletech Long Island III  (Read 110766 times)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Battletech Long Island III
« Reply #1290 on: 20 May 2024, 20:35:53 »
In that case, I'll send Stygg's Hammer instead.

That works  :cool:

Kem

• Recruit
« Reply #1291 on: 20 May 2024, 22:59:37 »
OOG:

Just saying hi and observing for now. I am a friend of Crash99c and they suggested at least saying hi and introducing myself a bit.

I'd love to end up playing, but honestly, I've read a few pages and am a bit lost, so as I started with, I'll observe for now and am patient, so no worrying about me.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1292 on: 21 May 2024, 07:22:04 »
OOG:

Just saying hi and observing for now. I am a friend of Crash99c and they suggested at least saying hi and introducing myself a bit.

I'd love to end up playing, but honestly, I've read a few pages and am a bit lost, so as I started with, I'll observe for now and am patient, so no worrying about me.

You are more than welcome to join us on Sunday.

As for what is posted it is a lot. This thing has been running for almost ten years so we have a lot going on.

If you wish to play I always have something that anyone can jump in and play.

Fyall

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1293 on: 21 May 2024, 19:16:20 »
OOG:

Fresh meat, oh excuse me. New players are ALWAYS welcome. Don't worry about all the pages to this thread, they'll be a new one soon, Battletech Long Island IV :drinking01: :drinking01: :smilie_happy_clapping: :bow:
Windage and elevation Mrs. Langdon. Windage and elevation."

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1294 on: 21 May 2024, 19:56:52 »
2 days after the Elemental Foxes concert:

The sound of shinai rang out in the practice room as Audra and Ana matched off with Logan and Wayne, respectively.  The boys had offered to give the girls some practice, to which Ana had agreed.  Audra had agreed as well.  She had admittedly been bit rusty in swordplay, which had precipitated the initial confrontation with Samuel. 
     Audra had never been great with melee combat.  She had been scrawny in her youth, and while her father, Victarion and Uncle Jurgen had taught her the basics, it was her mother, Freyja, who had taught her how to fight dirty, striking at joints and other "vital" areas. "In real life, as long as you win," her mother had said, "it doesn't matter if the rules are broken.  Because if you lose, you'll die...or worse."  When she asked what could be worse, her mother described, in full graphic detail, what could and often did happen to women who were taken alive.  Since then, Audra had promised her mother that she would never lose like that, which made her mom smile.  "I know you won't."  She had said proudly.
     Returning to the here and now, Audra blocked Logan's strikes, if a bit clumsily, reminding herself this was just practice.

"Your stance is solid." Said Logan.  "But your movements are still stiff.  Try to loosen your form."

Audra did as she was told, trying to loosen up as they went again.  Their spar would be interrupted by the arrival of four members of Audra and Ana's learning group.

"Oh, look who's here?  Hey, roomie."  It was Hua Chen, accompanied by her twin brother, Wei Chen, along with Daibhidh Zadov and Ishaan Ryuzoji.  Audra had learned of Zadov's connections to Ana's Ichizoku and that Ryuzoji was the son of a militia commander.
"Is there room for the rest of us?"  Wei asked.
"I don't see why not."  Said Wayne.  "Logan, girls, let's switch up the dueling pairs."

"Say," Audra whispered to Ana, "we should find out where these guys stand in regard to your "little problem".  Especially Zadov, since he's sort of one of your people.  And that Ryuzoji guy might be useful too.  My uncle might actually work with his dad."

"Okay."  Ana nodded.  "We'll see if we can find a way to broach the subject during the sparring session."

OOG: shadhawk and eilidhdawn: OK, next chapter of the Audra story is up.  Where do we go from here?  :blank:
« Last Edit: 21 May 2024, 21:47:23 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1295 on: 21 May 2024, 20:34:49 »
2 days after the Elemental Foxes concert:

The sound of shinai rang out in the practice room as Audra and Ana matched off with Logan and Wayne, respectively.  The boys had offered to give the girls some practice, to which Ana had agreed.  Audra had agreed as well.  She had admittedly been bit rusty in swordplay, which had precipitated the initial confrontation with Samuel. 
     Audra had never been great with melee combat.  She had been scrawny in her youth, and while her father, Victarion and Uncle Jurgen had taught her the basics, it was her mother, Freyja, who had taught her how to fight dirty, striking at joints and other "vital" areas. "In real life, as long as you win," her mother had said, "it doesn't matter if the rules are broken.  Because if you lose, you'll die...or worse."  When she asked what could be worse, her mother described, in full graphic detail, what could and often did happen to women who were taken alive.  Since then, Audra had promised her mother that she would never lose like that, which made her mom smile.  "I know you won't."  She had said proudly.
     Returning to the here and now, Audra blocked Logan's strikes, if a bit clumsily, reminding herself this was just practice.

"Your stance is solid." Said Logan.  "But your movements are still stiff.  Try to loosen your form."

Audra did as she was told, trying to loosen up as they went again.  Their spar would be interrupted by the arrival of four members of Audra and Ana's learning group.

"Oh, look who's here?  Hey, roomie."  It was Hua Chen, accompanied by her twin brother, Wei Chen, along with Daibhidh Zadov and Ishaan Ryuzoji.  Audra had learned of Zadov's connections to Ana's Ichizoku and that Ryuzoji was the son of a militia commander.
"Is there room for the rest of us?"  Wei asked.
"I don't see why not."  Said Wayne.  "Logan, girls, let's switch up the dueling pairs."

"Say," Audra whispered to Ana, "we should find out where these guys stand in regard to your "little problem".  Especially Zadov, since he's sort of one of your people.  And that Ryuzoji guy might be useful too.  My uncle might actually work with his dad."

"Okay."  Ana nodded.  "We'll see if we can find a way to broach the subject during the sparring session."

OOG: shadhawk and eilidhdawn: OK, next chapter of the Audra story is up.  Where do we go from here?  :blank:

Only up my friend .... only up  :evil:

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1296 on: 21 May 2024, 21:48:36 »
Only up my friend .... only up  :evil:

Well, don't leave me in suspense for too long.  I wrote the beginning.  It's your move now.

Kem

• Recruit
« Reply #1297 on: 21 May 2024, 21:52:53 »
You are more than welcome to join us on Sunday.

As for what is posted it is a lot. This thing has been running for almost ten years so we have a lot going on.

If you wish to play I always have something that anyone can jump in and play.

Hit me with a DM with info and I'll see about stopping by at least for a bit. Sunday might be odd for me this weekend so I might not have too long this time.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1298 on: 23 May 2024, 19:35:04 »
“We need to take care. Some are noticing that the old man is not running the show.”
“The old fool is doing his thing and I have most of the power now.”
“True but you can not use it openly. You need to keep him as the figure head.”
“Only for a bit longer, I have things in play that will secure my place.”
“You do need to keep an eye on the girl.”
“She is a child, what can she do. Plus she is in school well away from here.”
“She is no fool, unlike her grand father. She can be a problem.”
“If she becomes a problem she will be dead.”

“So what got Sammy so tame?” Audra asks.
“The owner, Henry he does not like it if people damage his place.” Marijka answers.
“He also likes that we don’t ask for much when we play and that we draw a full house when we do.” Jekaterina adds.
“I still don’t see why he backed down so fast.” Audra looks at the two girls.
“With Henry in the place Samuel could not play it off like others started things.” Ana adds. “The old man knows ALL of the yakuza around this way and many back in the DC. Samuel’s family could not stop Henry if he were to punish him.”
“So Sammy’s buddies almost bit off more than Sammy and his family could deal with?” Audra asks.
“That is a way to put it.” Logan offers. “If we had started it then things would have been very different. They just picked the wrong night to play big shots.”
“I don’t think Sammy as you would call him would try what he did if he knew just who you girls are.” Ishaan adds. “I keep telling you that having your security around is needed.” Looking at Ana
“He knows who I am and he was looking to pressure Audra not me.” Alla looks him in the eye. “Also security is your job, is in not?”
“You have told me many times that when you do your thing to keep away you have it covered. Well when you four do you BIG gigs you do. But these small gigs not so much and one day it just might bite you.” Ishaan looks back at her.
“OK you two we have been over this way too many times.” Tihana gets between them. “Look Logan and Wayne were on hand.”
“A few more would be better. I understand the low profile bit and not using your larger crew but you, all of you do need to take care.” Looking at Ana the hardest but all of them as well.

A few days later in school Samuel will give way to Ana and Audra as the walk to class.
“What happened to him?” Audra will ask Ana.
“Logan told me that one on Henry’s guys had a little talk with him.”
“Wow!”
“Well he is not in a hospital so I guess it was a friendly chat.” Ana smiles and keeps walking to class. “I guess you were put on the no touch list.”

“Uncle Henry Wayne and I passed your message to Samuel.” Logan informs his Uncle.
“Good he does understand that he does anything to those girls I will see that he will regret it.”
“He got the message alright.” Logan smiles
“So you like the Ana’s friend?”
“Ya I think she is hot. Wayne keeps ribbing we that she would kick my butt.” Logan smiles. “But I might like that.”
“Be careful of what you ask.” The old man smiles at him. “So is Wayne still bothered by Ana?”
“OH he ‘s got it for her so bad.” Logan looks down and shakes his head. “Dude just does not have a chance. But helping when they play local he gets to hang with her.”
“What is the deal with that other boy that is around her a lot?”
“He is the son of one of the big wigs in her Ichizoku. Now that guy has some security looking out for him.”
“Maybe … maybe not. I think I may have some of my guys look into that.” Henry has a serious look on his face. “I like her and would not want anything bad to happen to her.” His look changes to a smile. “She does know how to make a deal, plus her band does bring in the people when they play.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1299 on: 24 May 2024, 18:29:57 »
“Father I keep trying to get her to take on extra security but she does not.”
“Son the only thing we can do is keep people close and hope they will be on hand if something does happen.”
“How are things at home?”
“Not good, I do not know who is playing games and we are getting deeper as this goes on.”
“Well so far no one has done anything here but I feel it’s only a matter of time. More so if she keep going the way is has.”
“What happened the other night?”
“That was nothing. One of the other students here had something with the new girl and picked the wrong place to try something.”
“Henry’s place?”
“How did you know?”
“They may take your orders but they work for me you know.”
“OK I get your point.”
“Do your best to keep her out of harms way.”
“We all do what we can.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1300 on: 25 May 2024, 06:21:41 »
“Joeeph I think that you and your friend Maxamillan might want to be south-west of were you are now.” Kolya said over the comm unit.
“Is that so?”
“I have word of a party you both would want to attend.”
“What kind of party?”
“Formal, you both will need to dress your best as you do want to impress after all.”
“I think we will just have to crash it than. Do we need invations?”
“I will take care of that along with your transportation.”

A little while later Joseph walks in to a Pub. “How did I know I would find you here?”
“Lets see …. because this is my favorite joint on the Rock.” Maxamillan answres as he looks over at Joseph. “So what brings you here?”
“I just got word of a big fancy party not far form here. One, we both would like to be at.”
“Sounds like fun but how come I did not know of it?”
“It is a fancy dress supprise party and seems that one need to dress to impress.”
“Well I think that we should check it out.” Big smile on Maxamillan’s face.
“I have a limo ready to take us.”
“Joseph one of the many things I like about your love of a good party and know how to travel style.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1301 on: 26 May 2024, 08:54:13 »
“Wayne I want to thank you for what you were wlling to do the other night.” Henry puts his hand on the the young mans shoulder. “Not many are willing to stand up for someone they do not know all thet well.”
“She is a friend of Ana afterall.”
“You could have been hurt.”
“That bunch, no way.”
“Do you know what the best fighters fear?” Henry looks in to Wany’s eyes. “The one they do not know. You did not know them and even if they do not have your skill one of them could have gotten in a lucky shot.”
“I did not think of that.”
“I know, you were thinking two things. Will Ana notice and I need to make sure nothing happens to her.” Holding up his hand. “You need to understand anyone around you know you like here …. A lot. So why do you not talk to her and see how she feels.”
“Wow it shows that bad?”
“Only to those who know you.”
“She would not want to talk to me about something like that.”
“Do not sell yourseld short. She let you help setup her kit after all. She has not let anyone do that before, not even her big shows.”
His eyes large at what was just said. “Come on she …..”
“As I said don’t sell your self short.” Looking at Wayne. “Now get to the back and help Logan get this place ready for tonight.”

Kem

• Recruit
« Reply #1302 on: 26 May 2024, 23:45:13 »
OOG:
Thank you for letting me observe the game on Sunday, sorry I left early, but I do look forward to playing with y'all next time. Sent a DM to get started on any homework I would need to do before next time.

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1303 on: 27 May 2024, 09:25:25 »
“That cost more then I wanted it too.” Max looks over the damage to his ‘Mech and the Mad Cat he finished off. “Good thing this will cover the repairs and I can upgrade some weapons as well.”
“Well you do know I want something for this trip.” Joe looks over both ‘Mechs.
“No problem, how about one of the large lasers and L20’s?”
“That, some of the ammo and a cut of what you get for the pilot.”
“The pilot’s bounty is out. How about both the large lasers and L20’s.”
“I don’t know, you damaged one 20 packs fighting that thing.”
“Look at it this way you have two spares of you main weapons, granted one will need some work before you can use it.” With a grin on his face. “Think about this also how offend are you going to find these things out this way? Last off you can sell them if you need the cash.”
“Alright the weapons only but I get whatever L20 ammo is still in the bays also.”
“OK, but you buy dinner. After all you’re the one that talked me in to this.”
“Done.”

“GSF command to field units, due to the fact that some of the Shiro’s defense weapons are defective you will need to stay on station until we know what happened to the four (4) “Mechs that were not taken down.”

“I think we are going to get it when we get back to base.”
“What makes you say this?”
“Look at how many times we missed those ‘Mechs. If we did not have the help we had they would have gotten past us.”
“Now that you said something I know you are right. We are going to get a bunch of drills.”

“I think we found out why not all of the weapons turrets did not respond.”
“What have you found?” Meiyo asks Chu-sa Byrde.
“The section that did work had the main boards replaced after the first attack on the Shiro.”
“Why was that sections boards replaced?”
“One of the technicians ….. had an accident while working on that sections systems and had to replace them with ones that he had on hand.”
“Do we have the original one?”
“He does and we will be looking them over due to what just happened.”
Jack Walks in. “I also find it of interesting that they hit the Shiro not long after you start looking into Konstantinovich.” He looks at his wife. “With some of what the investigation has turned up.”

“Hay Boss we did a once over on the new toys and they are not totaled but they will need some major work and parts.”
“Let me see what you have found.” Harald takes the pad for the tech. “Wow they did a number to them didn’t they. Getting some of the needed items will take a while.”
“Yup, some of them for the Locust parts will have to come from Marik space.” The tech looks at his boss. “The Mercury will need some custom made parts as no one is building them.”
“We are in luck on the custom as we have a machine shop that can turn them as long as we can come up with the specs.” Looking over the pad. “The Locust parts will be the fun part with all that is going on. I will give this to Euron and see what he wants to do.”

Later on in Euron’s office. ”I had a couple of the techs go over the new light toys and they are a mess. We figure the Locust will need about eight (8) to ten (10) months and about 350,000 C-Bills to get her back in fighting trim. I can order what we need.” Looking at the Colonel. “The Mercury on the other hand will need from nine (9) to twelve (12) months and 225,000 C-Bills as we will need to custom build some of the parts. This is also hoping that things don’t get to hot.”

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1304 on: 27 May 2024, 21:14:35 »
Nakazawa Dai Ichizoku

{central swamp}
{non-royal descendents of the Minamoto Clan of Japan, Terra} 

recruited by the Sankaku for their expert ability to manipulate and manage large scale financial operations and for their knowledge and prowess in media, media production, and media distribution 

Kamon tribal butterfly with outspread wings

Colors crimson and violet

Delm Isao Nakazawa

Zokucho/Matrona Nariko Nakazawa

Founders MP Aina Nakazawa

Founders MP Osamu Nakazawa

Spokesperson Lark Witherspoon

Ashigaru {infantry} Commander Aquil Najima

Sho-Kantai {small fleet} Commander Dove Kyameron

Associate Families: Hanabusa, Akigama, Najima, Fukai, Sasaki, Tachibana, Yoshida, Kyameron, Zanuck, Cohn

Major Territorial Holdings: Nakazawa Castle (2071 sq km landhold in the Southern Steppe region near the Riphaean Cliffs {wind gust} south of the Tone-gawa river delta on the Narrows Peninsula across the Suzu Bei {bell bay} from the smaller Ablach Peninsula {having apple trees} and the more prominent Notohanto {big cape peninsula} and the city of Port), Port (chartered city for commercial fishing and cargo, as a water transport nexus, ocean exploration operation center, and the largest fish market on planet - built on the southernmost point of Notohanto on the Tairiku continent on Nejiro with excellent sightlines of the three local peninsulas and sightlines across the bay and the open ocean), many properties in and around the Free City of Marena north of Port on the Koiruryuu Hanto {dragon coil peninsula} in the Southern Steppe region, small properties across Nejiro and the stellar system     

Corporate Holdings:

Nakazawa Marine Technology - a firm with divisions in naval architecture, marine engineering, ship design, ship building (military, commercial, science and research) ship operations, sea exploration, hydrodynamics, navigation, underwater technology, marine protection

Nakazawa Limited - super premium dairy operations that commercially milks cows only once a week as dawn breaks then the milk is bottled within six hours to retain all nutrients, this milk has three to four times as much melatonin as regular cows' milk, it is prized for its stress reducing effects and sells for over forty ryu per liter, they also milk donkeys which sells for about sixty ryu per liter through the dairy, and to cosmetics and hygiene companies for its moisturizing properties, to pule cheesemakers, and to baby formula producers as it is closer to human milk and is richer in nutrients with a high lactic content which soothes gastric upsets   

Nakazawa Trust - private financial and banking services firm that also offers insurance, investment, and wealth management services to the members of the ichizoku and private clients, its one of the largest media production financiers on Nejiro

Nakazawa Hoso {broadcasting} - designs, manufactures, and launches broadcast satellites and antenna for public telecommunications 

Golden Age Movie Palace - built in the exotic revival architectural style it combines eygptian, chinese, and art deco elements, it has two five thousand seat auditoriums each with fourteen meter deep by twenty two meter high stages and 3D holographic optical coated 20 x 37 meter cinema screens, that hosts movie premiers, award shows, magic and stage shows, film festivals, concerts, and private events, the lobby, forecourt, and the pagoda at the entrance that holds the ticket booth also plays host to parties and private events

Rakuten {optimistic} - e-commerce wholesale and retail digital market that operates its own warehouses, logistics, and transportation 

PikaPika {shiny} - designs and produces tablets, satellite phones, and smartphones

Haguruma {gears} - designs and creates fine watches and dive watches

Creative Sparks - video game designer studio and publisher 

Ichijinsha - manga, comics, graphic novel, light novel, fanzine, and periodical digital and print publisher

Cahuenga Valley - located northwest of Port with over five hundred acres of full service commercial film production facilities, fifty studio lots, three digital anime studios, two dozen sound stages, post production and FX studios, a news and sports television broadcast center (CVTV), craft workshops, warehouses of costumes and props, commissary and cafeterias, talent trailer parks, film sets, admin and executive offices, Production Central tv and film merchandise shop, its own firehouse and sheriff's station, its own rail station, the City-Walk with shops, hotels, restaurants, pubs, and entertainment venues for tourists and talent, Studio City supports the employees and talent with affordable upscale housing, city services and trades, with trendy, fashionable restaurants, shopping, and entertainment 

[One of the more popular television sci-fi adventure/drama series is filmed here, With Sprinkles based on stories by D. Carroll. Sander Hariche is granted a monkey paw wish by Lord Arashmahaar and forcibly ascended then tossed into the infinities as a planeswalker, now with godlike powers he travels the multiverse into various realities both fictional and alternate. The show uses elements of action, comedy, adventure, horror, and does spoofs and parodies to cause chaos, right wrongs, and concoct fixits. The show films three to five two to three hour episodes every year.] 

Smythes Menagerie - trained animals and animal trainers for stage and screen, handlers and wranglers are certified by the Nejiro Humane Society, also offers custom true to life drones and animatronics and skins for dangerous stunt work 

The Mirror - daily print and digital tabloid newspaper based in Port that covers the latest local, global, and stellar news as well as sports, life and style, investigations, politics, society gossip, celebrity gossip, tv and film pitched to working class and middle class readership, with Sunday inserts that cover interstellar affairs (headlines to gossip), industry, economics, travel, science and technology, arts and culture, pictorials, and business news 

The Babbler - daily digital global/stellar gossip news, photos, celebrity and society gossip, classic and pop culture trade news, entertainment and media trade news, box office results and business analysis, music reviews, movie and tv reviews, fashion and style news, trending news and topics, politics, sports, travel, food, beauty columns and news, weekly print magazine

Cousteau Society - marine research and exploration organization whose membership includes academics, skilled professionals, enthusiastic hobbyists, and professional level amateurs that keeps a research library and laboratory as well as publishing a monthly Journal of peer reviewed findings   

Setsuzoku {connection} - digital and print advertising firm, also handles public relations, and research 

Mukankeina Kanren-sei {the irrelevent relevent} - advertising firm that handles branding and identity, consumer insights, marketing, market research, advertising design, media planning and buying, public relations, and relationship marketing

Paradigm Associates - a talent agency representing actors, writers, directors, broadcast journalists, professional athletes, models, musicians, and other roles in various publishing, entertainment, and broadcast businesses

Violet Elite - recognized as the preeminent modeling agency on Nejiro and has iconic names (Sui He, Luz Pavon, Sun Feifei, Gendai Funato, Hedi Ben Tekaya, Vika Eseeva, Ying Ouyang, Canlan Wang, Bibi Breslin) working with leading global and interstellar brands and labels since 2869 with offices in Port, Bridges, and Hilo

Agile Media - data processing and analysis, custom algorithm production

Pure Resonance - designs and manufactures audio and sound equipment for use in exhibition and event spaces, theater and stage spaces, arena and stadium spaces, studio and recording spaces, also for film and television production, for radio production, for music production and for home entertainment, also offers design services for optimal equipment placement 

Motomeru {seek} - designs and manufactures several types of sixteen to sixty five millimeter film and digital cinema cameras, projectors, dark room gear, editing gear, cinema and projection screens, projectors, film, digital storage, and associated equipment   

Cho Media Group {butterfly} - media production, publishing, advertising and marketing, merchandising, communications, broadcasting, and distribution - one of their subsidiaries Legacy Studios produces Jonetsu {passions} the longest running daytime serial (seventy three years) with the largest cast, that holds the record for Excellence in Broadcasting Awards, Nejiro Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Awards, and Soap Digest Awards set in and around the fictional ward of Rosemont in the city of Port with the action taking place around  three generations of several families - the quarreling wealthy Asaro family, the aristocratic Heishi family, the Kheldar smuggling/crime family, the middle class Kane and Hope families, and the adventurous Vilioni family exploring social and topical issues, love and sex - they also produce the wuxia {martial heroes historical fantasy} epic drama Nishimuki {westward, facing west} a loose fantasy adaptation of Journey to the West - they produce House Cameron a period drama (especially popular with military otaku who 'enjoy' the battles) historical dramatization portraying the early Hegemony era through the eyes of the Cameron family and their supporters, rivals, and enemies following their battles, intrigues, and romances - and a new production The Kingdoms an engrossing epic fantasy drama following the intrigues, romances, pageantry, and battles of the neighboring royal courts of YuYushan {jade feather mountain} culture of wuxia cultivators in the foothills and mountains and the forest dwelling Cellwig {forest grove} draoithe {sorcerors, druids} steampunk culture with airships and treetop cities, who live on opposite banks of the Atlas River which is irregularly plagued by several bands of river pirates and the occaisional sea dragon 

Tsukiji Fish Market - the largest fresh fish and seafood market, in terms of both volume and variety, on Nejiro located at its own wharf at the fishing terminal of Port's commercial seaport and features auctions, fishmongers, community supported fisheries, retail markets, boutiques and specialty shops, low temperature markets, wholesale vendors, its own subway station for freight and passenger services, its own small regional airport, shops that purvey goods from salt and caviar to tea and kitchenware, restaurants, meat and dairy stands, fruit and vegetable stands, bakeries, street food vendors, also offers educational programs about seafood, cooking classes, and sustainability 

Port Aquarium - experience, conserve, research

Cinema Rise - multi-seat, multi-screen, multimedia movie theaters with locations across Nejiro and the stellar system   

The Workshop - creates sets, backgrounds, effects, makeup, costumes, and props for movie, tv, and theater production 

Thistle Design - digital effects and animation studio that produces a wide range of material from special effects to feature films 

The Fall Guy - stunt company 

The Rursus Barn {local pig} - several different breeds of pig and boar raised for meat, pets, leather, brushes, and textiles

Flowing River Financial - publicly traded (avg. share price 132.40 Ryu) diversified global and stellar financial services company that offers personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, capital market products, money market products, and investor services (annual revenue avg. 69.4 billion Ryu)   

Painting Needles - tattoo artists studio in Port 

Salon Cinema - leading cinema exhibitor, global chain of posh bijou boutique movie palaces that host elaborate screenings from interstellar blockbusters to art house films, they feature sophisticated interior decor and stylish lounge-style lobbies, a panoramic theater experience with cutting edge sound and projection technology, spacious auditoriums with ergonomic fully reclining seats, private party viewing balconies, a rotunda where moviegoers may socialize between presentations and during intermissions, and ninja-like in-theater servers that ensure minimal movie disruption while serving from a gourmet menu and a full service bar 

Nakidori no ie {songbird house} - a modern elaborate and sophisticated pleasure house in the yoshiwara style located in the Port yukaku with male and female courtesans, tayu, and oiran, also master chefs and sommeliers, musicians, dancers, poets, salons, storytellers, comics, kabuki, puppetry, and shadow theater 

Shockwave - global and interstellar film distributor     

Modern Film Association - movie production company with studios in Port that produce live action and animation productions of tent-pole movies and television for broadcast and streaming 

Moonchilde - global and stellar music label that publishes, distributes, produces, and manages some of Nejiro's biggest music idol and idol groups in pop, rock, and visual kei (e.g. Hum, Dahlia, Jaybird, savage genius, Ami Suzuki, Venus, Koriander, Xdinary Heroes, Hello World, Zzzaam, Danse Macbre, Vanishing Vision, Luna Sea, Peach, the flowers, Star Club, Show-Ya, Terra Rosa, Outer-limits, Isao Tomita, Bang Boom, LoveBite, dark Mirror, Yaya Kim) hosts the Sonic Summer Music Festival in Port and the Shogatsu Music Festival {New Year} in Yousai   

Blue Fin Robotics - designs and manufactures undersea robotics and vehicles 

Aqua Lung - manufactures dive equipment from snorkels and wetsuits to dry suits and gas jumpers (gas giant harvesters)   

Minami Shipyards {south} - builds and repairs fishing vessels, cargo vessels, marine research vessels, leisure vessels, safety vessels, and offers transport, logistics, passenger, leisure, tug, pilot, and safety services   

Watashitachi {we chat} - social media platform 

Imaban Shipbuilding - builds inland and deep-sea leisure, commercial, and military patrol vessels 

Gyosen Fleet {fishing boat} - a cooperative of fishing vessels and sea factories that operate out of Port 

Ku'i {beats} - recording label and publisher that also manufactures personal and recording studio audio equipment 

Hanabusa Trucks - manufactures military support trucks, heavy and commercial trucks, APCs (wheeled, tracked, hover), electric and hydrocell passenger trucks, tour vehicles, and recreational vehicles   

Farasha School of Performing Arts {butterfly} - private performing arts conservatory, arguably the best performing arts school on Nejiro, comprising numerous studio rooms, academic classrooms (liberal arts), performance halls, faculty suites, a library with special collections, a residence hall and a dormitory, accepting middle grade through university students with music, dance, drama, and arts courses, admissions for the boarding school located in Marena are highly competitive and limited to one hundred new students per annum for a total enrollment of one thousand students, students generally complete their STEM academic requirements with remote learning or intensive cram courses during their non-school hours   

Trunk Space - accomodates many rentable or leasable storage solutions from package lockers to secure parking and charging stations to climate controlled antique and art storage, has properties across several urban cities including Yousai, Port, Hilo, Leyte, Siniy, Marena, the Spaceport, the Enclave, Rainbow, Pluoton, Buda, and Mene Limani {moon port - on Selene, Nejiro's primary moon}

Koete {beyond} - private fitness centers in urban centers and industrial parks across Nejiro, they offer memberships and daily passes, personal trainer consultations and session packages, nutritional consultations and plans, a full service health club and spa, pro shop, programs and activities for childre and adults, weight and strength training, pools, training rooms and excercise studios, climbing walls, boxing, kickboxing, mixed martial arts, tai-chi, yoga, cardio machines, running tracks, rajio taiso (dai-ichi, dai-ni, dai-san), crossfit, multipurpose courts, and calisthenics of various styles, merchandise shop, health food cafe, tenants of the Cho Jutaku receive discounts   

Cho Jutaku {butterfly residences} - low income to upscale urban apartment/dormitory complexes in thirty to sixty meter tall buildings with amenities that include secure access, sento, coin laundromat, common lounge areas and coworker spaces, building and residence maintenance services, extra storage space and package lockers, bike storage and repair services, pet washing stations, common courtyards, recreational and/or park areas, rooftop gardens, advanced security (guards, doormen, reception) and concierge services are included in the more upscale buildings, properties are available in Yousai, Port, Hilo, the Spaceport, Leyte, Siniy, Marena, Buda, and Mene Limani 

The Playhouse - childcare/tutoring/teen hangout facilities in multiple urban centers across Nejiro that accepts five to eighteen year olds from two pm to eleven pm daily through membership fees or daily passes, they are well staffed with teachers, guardians, nurses, caregivers, and aides, most have a massive lagoon style swimming pool complete with its own pirate ship and net bridges there are lego build rooms, dress up rooms, a mini cinema, a mini theater, libraries, computer and video game rooms, music rooms, two fully equipped gymnasiums, a dojo, arts and crafts rooms, a kid friendly kitchen with cooking and nutrition classes, a billiard hall with table hockey, foosball, air hockey, and table tennis, club activity rooms, lounge rooms, gaming rooms with cards, puzzles, board games, table-talk and miniature campaigns, a skate park, three outdoor fields for sports and games, a playground, a teen dance club (from six to eleven pm sans alcohol), the tutoring center has a research library, science and computer labs, small classrooms and one on one tutoring spaces, there is also a small convenience store, a snack bar, a luncheon cafe, and a diner for both staff and guests along with picnic grounds   

Urban Sanctuary - usually constructed early in the city building process, the thirty to sixty meter tall greenhouses may take up as many as two city blocks with parkland, wildlife reserves, and/or agricultural areas that grow fruits, grains, nuts, microgreens, honey, and poultry (sold through wholesale and/or their own farmstands), the parklands generally have large stands of several varieties of sakura and maple trees as well as wildflower meadows, an artificial pond, lawns and fields for recreation and leisure, there are usually protected inonspicuous entrances for birds, bats, small animals, and insects so they may easily contribute to the ecosystem, there may be ornamental gardens of various types (decorative flower, rock garden, habitat garden, herb garden, mazes), most centers are self-supporting, profitable, and open to the public, some charge small maintenance and upkeep fees for entrance, multiple global and stellar locations 

« Last Edit: 13 June 2024, 09:40:39 by eilidhdawn »

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1305 on: 28 May 2024, 01:02:20 »
Isolde read the report from the most recent battle as she waited for Ana to come in.  She'd called the girl into her office once she'd received the notes from Camp Haken.  It made sense to inform her just to keep her apprised of the situation.

Once Ana arrived, Isolde waved her in before activating the jammer device so they could have privacy.

"You wanted to see me, Botley-sensei?"  Ana asked.

"I just received a report from Saganami Shiro.  A Clan 'Mech star tried to attack it.  The GSF managed to drive them off.  They took out one 'Mech and damaged three others."

Ana nodded.  "So they've begun to move.  Things at home are going to get more tense from here on out.  Your friends on their boat are going to have to be even more careful when they arrive."

"They will be informed."  Said Isolde.  "I needn't remind you that none of this can leave this room.  You also can't tell Audra either."

"Of course."  Ana returned.  "That should go without saying."

"I'll keep you informed if there are any further developments.  You should get back to class."

"Hai."
« Last Edit: 28 May 2024, 01:04:12 by IronbornGreyjoy »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1306 on: 28 May 2024, 05:31:25 »
“Mr. Pain I am calling to setup your payment for the Jaguar MechWarrior you turned over to the NPO.” Joy informs Max.
“Thank you I gave the account information to the officer at the station.”
“Very good I will see that the funds are sent to that account. The Chiji thanks you for your help.”

A few hours later Max checks the account. “Well looks like I just may want to stay here as the pay is very good.”
Calling over to the techs he has working on his Atlas. “So how long do you think my ride will be down?”
“Well, if we can repair the damaged actuator a couple of months. If, we have to replace it, how long to get one? One for a 100 tonner is not something on rock. Add that you got TSM will make it more fun to find.”
“So I need you and your crew to work your magic and repair it. Also, I want to replace the medium lasers with the ones from the Cat.”
“We can do that, what do you want us to do with the old ones?”
“Put them into storage, never know what can happen after all.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1307 on: 02 June 2024, 20:30:11 »
OK so our next mission at Grim will be July 7.

They are booked for June so if you guys want a mission in June I have no problem hosting it.
Just let me know.

Kem

• Recruit
« Reply #1308 on: 04 June 2024, 19:25:01 »
July 7th is doable for me.

If another is needed for some other time, I should also be able to. The only weekend I am really busy this month is this coming weekend (8th/9th)

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1309 on: 08 June 2024, 21:51:16 »
“Welcome to Nejiro.” Julia Sato offers her hand.
“Thank You.” Jasmine Or’lient offers her hand.
“I hope your trip was not too bad.”
“Not to bad with all that is going on.”
“The Chiji was happy that you took up the offer.”
“Well with all that is happening, the offer was too good to pass on.”
“From what the other unit commanders have said the supply end of the contract is what makes the offer stand out.”
“It is one of the major reasons we are here, the salvage part is also very good as well.” Jasmine looking over the pad. “Having my units standard ammunition and armor needs covered is a perk that is hard to pass over.”
“Speaking of the other commanders I will setup a confrece call so you can meet them.” Julia hands a pad to Jasmine. “We will have you and your people settle in at Camp Haken. Three of the other commands of the GSF are based at that site. The three at haken are the The Hands of the Goddess, IronBorn and Loyalty Forsaken. Like you they too wanted to relocate due to things happening around them.”
“How many different units are on world?”
“At this time we have seven units plus yours. The other GSF commands are Kiah’s Hammers, Eagle’s Tears, Road’s Warriors and Winter’s Dream. The planet has a militia and local militias and a local support unit the Dragon’s Clutch. We also have ComGuard and DCA security also.”
“That is a lot of firepower for a planet this far out.”
“As you pointed out with all that is going on we need them. Plus the normal pirate activity out this way.” Julia gets Jasmine moving to the customs area. “We will need you to get all of your people and gear checked in so we can get transportation ready.”
“That are off-loading and the heavy gear is moving to that area you informed us of.”
“Good the cargo-masters will get you equipment loaded while all of the paperwork is taken care of.” Pointing to the loading area. “We are sending you by train so that all of you can get use to gravity and have some time to read over the information on what is going on. I will also setup the call with the other commanders as well.”

On the train to Camp Haken Julia will contact all of the GSF commanders. “Commanders this is Jamine Or’lient commander of Valkyries of Hanakotoba. They are the newest members of the GSF.”
« Last Edit: 08 June 2024, 22:31:57 by shadhawk »

Kem

• Recruit
« Reply #1310 on: 09 June 2024, 23:18:35 »
Jasmine starts looking over information on the pad, forwarding bits to her officers that they will be interested in. She checks if there's anyone she'll need one of her language experts to talk to, while also seeing who she might bump heads with.

All the while filling out the paperwork so she can get a chance to relax on the train. It's been a while since she's been able to stay in a single place for more than a few days at a time.

After being introduced by Julia, Jasmine sends each commander a personalized message that she works with her mother Daisy to prepare and have sent in their preferred language.

"Greetings, I am Jasmine of House Or'lient. I am the leader of the Valkyries of Hanakotoba of the Free Republic of Rasalhague. While we represent the FRR, do not feel you have to treat us in an official manner. We are here to work and look forward to working with you all. To help towards that goal, let me know what information we need to trade, and I'll make sure it happens."

Then to Julia "I have an idea of what's going on, but in your opinion, what do you think I should know first?"

eilidhdawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1311 on: 13 June 2024, 09:19:06 »
Commander Jasmine Or'lient, Valkyries of Hanakotoba, after a few days to settle at Camp Haken will receive a handwritten note from Chiji Meiyo Saganami bearing her personal hanko and official seal

Welcome to Nejiro, I am keen to make your acquaintance directly to discuss our objectives and expectation of each other. I have confidence that your inclusion into the Chiji no chian butai {security forces of the Governor, GSF - The GSF is mostly a rapid reaction task force built to protect the people and resources of Nejiro under the personal auspices of the Chiji in response to incursions from Clan Bandit forces, Word of Blake forces, and Kokuryu-kai forces that also engages with pirates and some local peacekeeping issues} will prove to be a positive experience for us both. Please be my guest for a quiet lunch at Nerai in the Downtown Hilo ward, one week hence on Wednesday at one pm.

{Nerai is a stylish high quality restaurant in Downtown Hilo serving classic Greek and Mediterranean style dishes with panache, the marine-like decor is exceptionally beautiful with soft lighting playing off folds of white drapery like fabrics and fine table linens, the service staff demonstrates the generous spirit of filoxenia {hospitality, kindness, friendship} and the beautiful rooms, civilized noise level, outstanding food and innovative wine list enters Nerai into the pantheon of Nejiro's best restaurants with grace. Review by Sam Starbuck, Foodiverse - syndicated food column}

[at the lunch meeting Meiyo will brief you on local conditions and present to you a secure digital key with access to intel on all GSF engagements to date, the GSF TOE, MAWS, maps and military environment, current and potential hostiles and targets, allied forces (local ComStar units, local DCA and DCMS units, the Nejiro Defense Troop - NDT, Nejiro Peace Officers - NPO, local ichizoku militias, bounty hunters) as well as relevant geopolitical and environmental data for the planet and stellar system, contact info Cultural Wavefinders and CV and backgrounds for the liaisons assigned to your unit Rika Soren (language, protocol, cultural awareness trainer) and Isao Himura (cultural advisor, translator), contact info Joy Yorokobi - the Governor's personal assistant and the GSF civilian liaison, contact info Elisio Aguiar Takeda and Gulia Sato - the GSF military liaisons, contact info Chiji Meiyo Saganami, Meiyo will make clear that people are Nejiro's most valued and valuable resource and will try to answer any questions or concerns]   

[about a week after arriving at Camp Haken all Valkyries of Hanakotoba military personnel, support service personnel, family members and dependents will receive Nejiro temporary resident IDs with appropriate access and info gained from your intake through the Spaceport (please verify all information and that no one was missed), also all military and support personnel will receive secure digital keys to access information, intelligence, and resources relevant to their hierarchy and occupation (they will include user guides and instructions to create personal passwords, revolving passwords, and PINs)]         

« Last Edit: 13 June 2024, 09:56:48 by eilidhdawn »

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1312 on: 15 June 2024, 11:44:54 »
“Jasmine I would like to introduce you to people that you and your unit will be working with the most other than the GSF.” Gulia will introduce them one by one. “Precentor Ian Wlkes and Adept Holly Wood.”
“A pleasure to meet you. I am in charge of the local HPG and the security for it.” Precentor Wilks nods. “Adept Wood is one of my level two commanders. Her unit works the most with the GSF for different missions.”
“Greetings, my unit and I look forward to working with you.” She nods to Jasmine.

“Tai-sa Tsubasa Westfield and Sho-sa Kono Kalakaua.”
“Welcome to Nejiro, we look forward to working with you.” He will nod. “Sho-sa Kalakaua is commander of DCA/DCMS ground forces in system. I am the fleet and overall commander of DCA/DCMS combat units in the system. I know that you have talked with Sho-sho / Chiji Meiyo Saganami who is in overall command of all DCA/DCMS assets in system.” Tai-sa Westfield looks to Sho-sa Kalakaua. “You will be working with Sho-sa Kalakaua the most.”
“I welcome you and look forward to working with you and your unit to keep this world safe.” Sho-sa Kalakaua will nod.

“Sho-sa Ronon Josef and Tai-i Noy Halevi of the Nejiro Militia.”
“Yōkoso, issho ni hatarakeru koto o tanoshiminishiteimasu” The Sho-sa will nod.
“Nejiro’s Militia supplies support armor from time to time for GSF missions.”

“Dr. Donald Yamamoto Dean of the Marine Advanced Warfighting School”
“Go aisatsu to kangei” Yamamoto will nod.
“The good Doctor will be working with you and your people with training that the Chiji offers as part of your contract.”

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1313 on: 15 June 2024, 11:48:23 »
“Sir the scouts have reported a combined arms force not that far ahead.”
“Do we know whos forces they are?”
“No sir. They are not ours or any other forces we know of.”
“OK we will move off at a reverse angle from them. Inform everyone.”
“As you command.”
“Get the Militia control and inform them we have some military units in the area and they should get someone out here.”

“Roger that. We will inform the GSF and they will get units into that area. Thank you.”

“Militia control to GSF control we have just recived a report of units still in the Kiso mountains. We need units in the area to deal with them. The report stated a combined arms force. The force is about a company in size.”

“Make sure that our people move away from the area and that our security people are in place if this unknown unit moves on us.”
“We are on it.”

OK this is the next mission for July 7
Normal deployment 1 Battlemech, 1 Armored unit, 1 Infantry unit and your pick for the last one.

please post your forces by June 30

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1314 on: 15 June 2024, 11:49:22 »
“Nicolas Corado I would like to introduce to you Jasmine Or’lient commander of Valkyries of Hanakotoba. Her unit is the latest addition to the GSF.”
“A pleasure.” Nicolas will give a nod. “If either I or my humble business can be of service, please feel free to call any time.”
“Do not be fooled Metal Storm is one of the largest private suppliers of military equipment is the system if not the sector.” Gulia will add.
“We also offer shipping services as well.”

“Annette Hammond this is Jasmine Or’lient commander of the Valkyries of Hanakotoba. Her command is the latest to join the GSF.” Gulia introduces to two ladies.
“If I can be of service please feel free to call.”
“Annette owns A & H Traders. They are a salvage recover operation. They retrieve battlefield salvage and sell it as is.”

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1315 on: 15 June 2024, 15:39:23 »
For July 7, which missions are still in the field?

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1316 on: 15 June 2024, 21:39:11 »
For July 7, which missions are still in the field?

Units from Missions 88 (providing extra security for the plant) and 89 (providing extra security for the Shiro).

mission 88
Hands of the Goddess Force
Captain Jemma               3 / 5      VTR-9K Victor
Sergeant Lisa Kingsley            3 / 5      ABS-3L Anubis
Pegasus Scout Tank (MRM)         3 / 4      Lieutenant Laila Barcenes
Cavalry VTOL Infantry            2 / 4   
Infiltrator Mk. I Battle Armor         1
Kiah’s Hammers Force
Captain Carl Franks            1 / 2      ARC-8M Archer
Sturmfeur Heavy Tank            3 / 5      2nd Lieutenant Kayden
Manticore Heavy Tank            3 / 5      Sergeant Lincoln
Bandit Hover Transport (Alpha) (H)      3 / 5      2nd Lieutenant
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (B)   3      Sergeant
Standard Inner Sphere Battle Armor Laser (C)   3      Sergeant
Ironborn Force
Lance Captain Lorren “Black Lorren” Botley    2 / 4      WVR-7M Wolverine
Lieutenant Tristifer Botley          4 / 6      TR1 Wraith
Pegasus Scout Hover Tank ’58         4 / 5      
Goblin Infantry Tank (Delta)         4 / 5
Rifle Foot Infantry Platoon (D)         4

Hands of the Goddess Force
Captain Niobe Tan            1 / 3      GRF-5M Griffin            XO
Lieutenant Debbie Ash            3 / 5      ARC-4M Archer
Kiah’s Hammers Force
MechWarrior Sergeant Reece         2 / 3      Great Wyrm
MechWarrior Sergeant Kiston          2 / 4      HBK-4G Hunchback
Ironborn Force
Lieutenant Stygg “Cleftjaw” Blacktyde       3 / 5      HMR-3M Hammer (Bravo)
Lieutenant Asha Greyjoy         4 / 5      FNHK-9K Falcon Hawk
Road’s Warriors Force
Chu-i Miyamoto “Bisho” Musashi       3 / 4      Shadow Cat B
Sergeant               4      Raiden Battle Armor (Laser) (B)      4 troopers
Kiyosuke Sook-O            3 / 5      CMA-C Chimera

IronbornGreyjoy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1317 on: 15 June 2024, 23:07:21 »
“Sir the scouts have reported a combined arms force not that far ahead.”
“Do we know whos forces they are?”
“No sir. They are not ours or any other forces we know of.”
“OK we will move off at a reverse angle from them. Inform everyone.”
“As you command.”
“Get the Militia control and inform them we have some military units in the area and they should get someone out here.”

“Roger that. We will inform the GSF and they will get units into that area. Thank you.”

“Militia control to GSF control we have just recived a report of units still in the Kiso mountains. We need units in the area to deal with them. The report stated a combined arms force. The force is about a company in size.”

“Make sure that our people move away from the area and that our security people are in place if this unknown unit moves on us.”
“We are on it.”

OK this is the next mission for July 7
Normal deployment 1 Battlemech, 1 Armored unit, 1 Infantry unit and your pick for the last one.

please post your forces by June 30

shadhawk: Were the scouts that reported the enemy force Night Witch, Boom Box and Fyall's Hitman?  If so, are they going to be present for the mission as "extra units"?

Kem

• Recruit
« Reply #1318 on: Today at 01:03:43 »
Out of Character July 7th Game Day Related:

Do we have a rough idea of the terrain in the area? I don't have much choice in mobility, but I do have some.

So, I've made a full company and have plans on how to break it into 3 deployable groups that just about work together. This plan won't survive long, but might as well start with one :)

C3 Group (2/1/1)
BJ2-OB Blackjack
OW-1D Owens
Schiltron Prime
HQ or Cavalry Attack Chopper + Taggers

Command Group (1/2/1)
MAD-5S Marauder
Sturmfeur
Hawk Moth
HQ or Maxim + 4 Platoons mixed weapons.

Infantry Heavy (1/1/2)
HER-4S Hermes
Puma Assault Tank
HQ or Karnov and whatever isn't in use yet.

For infantry it's "HQ or" because I do have a Command Vehicle, which if I read things right adds a bit to initiative, so if one mission y'all have things that want initiative more often I can bring that.

All 3 have things that make me happy, I know we haven't played together (and it will be my first real game in decades aside from computer version) but anything seem like it might work well with what you are planning? Keep in mind my pilots are newbies so G/P is pretty bad compared to what I saw y'all having when I was there last time.

(Link to unit details, IC I am getting details and said I would share: https://github.com/Rangoric/BattleTech-Campaign)

In Character Before Mission (Lunch at Nerai with Chiji Meiyo Saganami):

Jasmine (CO), Daisy, and Kem (XO) make up the usual folks that will be at any official event. Daisy is non-military, but has the trust of her daughter Jasmine to handle things diplomatically. Daisy or Kem are the ones that will reply to all messages unless they are from a commander, the equivalent, or anyone that hints at an issue with talking with someone other than Jasmine.

This lunch is such an event for them. With it sounding formal, but dining, the three will dress is formal military attire for Jasmine & Kem, and Daisy will wear a formal dress of white with a purple pattern. Jasmine & Kem's outfits are purple primary, as that's their group's color.

During the lunch itself Jasmine will take point in the conversation, introducing the other two as appropriate, and not trying to be the center of conversation. All 3 will attempt to use the Chiji's preferred language. They all know Japanese, English, Swedish, and Swedenese, while Daisy/Kem know more.

After the lunch, Daisy will set up meetings with Rika Soren and Isao Himura, while Kem will contact Joy Yorokobi for a meet and greet.

In Character After Mission Is Heard About

Jasmine/Kem/Ambrosia having a discussion of information at hand.

Jasmine: "Well unlike while we had to do missions alone, it seems we will be deploying separately. You two will be one group so you can leverage that C3 network we have."
Kem: "Going to be rather thin, we should try to coordinate as much as we can. Our C3 network might be able to help others, but we won't have our usual Wedges."
Ambrosia: "The third deployment group is rather light. But it looks like it would make a nice support unit."
Kem: "It has your husband in that Puma. Not having much heavy down range of him might be a benefit. We might need to know a bit more about the area though and maybe what others are deploying. Being new around here we might benefit from deferring to others about expectations, I'll ask around."
Jasmine: "They actually each have a deployment group in the field right now, so if they are all light on what they have we might have to go in heavier than we plan, but I'd like not to, keep the 3 groups roughly even is a goal here."

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
« Reply #1319 on: Today at 10:20:19 »
shadhawk: Were the scouts that reported the enemy force Night Witch, Boom Box and Fyall's Hitman?  If so, are they going to be present for the mission as "extra units"?

no they are on the other side of the mountain range so they also are out for this mission. Also the Wolfhound that was with the Raven is with them.

Register