Author Topic: Generic Marik Militia  (Read 982 times)

MarauderD

• Major
Generic Marik Militia
« on: 20 August 2021, 09:46:28 »
Well, I wanted to make a Marik Assault lance and my kids already had purchased purple for the Urbies I gave them.  So I used the Awesome from the Wave 1 Retaliation pack I had on hand because it seems like a pretty iconic FWLM mech.

Problem was, the purple I had was Maygos Purple Contrast paint, and it turned out too light, like, WAY too light:

So when two coats wouldn't do the trick, I popped over to the Free Worlds League thread here and also onto Camospecs on youtube to see the results when you use a darker shade of purple.  And they looked really good.

Thing was, I was too damn lazy to purchase anything to strip the first two coats of paint off.  So on top of two coats of Maygos purple, which made my Awesome look like Grimmace from the Ronald McDonald gang, I put a single coat of Shyish Purple.

Result is amusingly too dark, but I came to think it was a pretty cool Black/Purple hybrid, which made it look a little ominous.  So I'm going to say that this officer chose to paint his mech darker to inspire fear, and I'll round out his lance with wave 2 mechs that fit the bill (Stalker, Orion, Crusader maybe?).

Marik Militia Awesome "Dark Knight"

Cheers All,

Mad

Neo-Tanuki

• Warrant Officer
Re: Generic Marik Militia
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2021, 10:17:56 »
MarauderD, I have to be honest...I think you should stick with the "Dark Knight" Marik color scheme. I love it!

In fact, if I ever paint a Mark force, would you mind if I used this scheme?

I think it looks really cool.

MarauderD

• Major
Re: Generic Marik Militia
« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2021, 10:30:34 »
Paint it and improve it!  Show me what you do so I can improve mine as well.  Looking forward to Wave 2 to add to the force. 

Register