Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141048 times)

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #1230 on: 01 December 2021, 12:25:29 »
I was pretty disappointed in myself that I didn’t purchase at least one Retaliation pack. The Game of Armored Combat set is the only intro box I don’t have at least two copies of yet. 
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #1231 on: 01 December 2021, 12:34:23 »
I got a retaliation box in wave 1 and wound up adding a second to wave 2 just to get some more of those wonderful minis.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1232 on: 01 December 2021, 14:04:12 »
I got a retaliation box in wave 1 and wound up adding a second to wave 2 just to get some more of those wonderful minis.

I wish I did this too. Especially with the more exciting (to me) rec guide variants.
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1233 on: 01 December 2021, 17:10:55 »
what is this retaliation pack everyone's talking about?  I don't see it? -sad face-

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1234 on: 01 December 2021, 17:21:44 »
what is this retaliation pack everyone's talking about?  I don't see it? -sad face-

It was a KS (and some conventions I’ve heard) exclusive thing. 10 mechs for $40, a set of AGoAC and Beginners Box.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1235 on: 01 December 2021, 17:21:53 »

It was one of the add-ons during the Kickstarter. Contained all of the minis from the Beginner Box and AGoAC box.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #1236 on: 01 December 2021, 21:35:21 »
Is the MegaMat/BFM going to get a full retail release or will it be a Catalyst Store exclusive?
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1237 on: 02 December 2021, 00:00:30 »
It was one of the add-ons during the Kickstarter. Contained all of the minis from the Beginner Box and AGoAC box.

ah! thanks! I didn't do any of the add ons (was trying to keep the credit card bill manageable, you know how it is) and I didn't see it in the black friday stuff!

appreciate it!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #1238 on: 02 December 2021, 09:47:12 »
Tamar Rising is on my radar.  It's blipping.  The boat is getting closer to harbor...

Any news on when we get to kill the horses?
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1239 on: 02 December 2021, 10:41:25 »

I'm hoping for it just as you are.  New BattleTech is about to happen any week now.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1240 on: 02 December 2021, 10:41:41 »

Better part of a month after it reaches the warehouse. It has not reached the warehouse

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1241 on: 02 December 2021, 12:17:31 »

Just for some expectation-setting here: I'm checking warehouse receiving notices closely, have been for awhile, and am eager to pin down a street date. Once we have that date, I'll be shouting it from the mountaintops. This will not be a surprise release, unless it's over my dead body.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1242 on: 02 December 2021, 12:22:06 »
Damnit, Cubby!  You're gonna live!

Thank you for your diligence.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1243 on: 02 December 2021, 12:41:48 »
Just for some expectation-setting here: I'm checking warehouse receiving notices closely, have been for awhile, and am eager to pin down a street date. Once we have that date, I'll be shouting it from the mountaintops. This will not be a surprise release, unless it's over my dead body.

Uhhhhhh 🅱️ A S E D
Bonus question: will there be anything record sheet wise related to the Dragoon assault star for record sheets? I’m pulling My hair out tracking down what record sheet pack has what.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1244 on: 02 December 2021, 12:47:48 »
Pretty sure all the minis have been in RecGuides so far . . . the Annihilator is the only one missing as of now . . . for now . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1245 on: 02 December 2021, 12:58:27 »
Pretty sure all the minis have been in RecGuides so far . . . the Annihilator is the only one missing as of now . . . for now . . .

Depends on what you mean by "all the minis," right?  I'm curious about a rec guide Stalker, that we haven't yet seen....

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1246 on: 02 December 2021, 13:17:42 »
Bonus question: will there be anything record sheet wise related to the Dragoon assault star for record sheets? I’m pulling My hair out tracking down what record sheet pack has what.

Are you using the Master Unit List? http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=Annihilator
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1247 on: 02 December 2021, 13:35:45 »
Depends on what you mean by "all the minis," right?  I'm curious about a rec guide Stalker, that we haven't yet seen....

He was talking about the Dragoons pack, and you knew the answer was to his question.  The Timberwolf, Blackjack, Rifleman, and Archer have all been in RecGuides so far and since KS plastic mechs have been in the RecGuides there is a very good chance it would appear in the remaining issues.  Like say the one before the supposed Dec 15th release date which would be next week's release.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dmon

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1248 on: 02 December 2021, 13:43:24 »
Any word on Blood Avatar and The Day When Heaven Was Falling being available on Amazon?

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #1249 on: 02 December 2021, 16:18:57 »
Are you using the Master Unit List? http://www.masterunitlist.info/Unit/Filter?Name=Annihilator
The ANH-5W, Archer C2 and Blackjack C don't seem to exist in any product besides the Alpha strike cards in the Dragoons pack, much less there being record sheets for them

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1250 on: 02 December 2021, 16:20:36 »
The ANH-5W, Archer C2 and Blackjack C don't seem to exist in any product besides the Alpha strike cards in the Dragoons pack, much less there being record sheets for them

That is correct. 
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1251 on: 02 December 2021, 16:38:26 »
Thought we were told the mechs in the box were established models- the Blackjack being the BJ-2 with the ERLLs & bunch of SRM2s.
Colt Ward

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1252 on: 02 December 2021, 16:48:42 »
The AS cards have the 3050s stats as well as ilkhan era ones.  Its the second set that are puzzling the players, as the actual stats haven't been released yet.

Thought we were told the mechs in the box were established models- the Blackjack being the BJ-2 with the ERLLs & bunch of SRM2s.

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1253 on: 02 December 2021, 16:51:47 »
ok. Whew. Last orders are placed until I paint everything. That's 6 different factions, 145 units. Firm goal, no more purchases until those units are painted, decaled, based, and sealed. (Purchases of miniatures of course..I'm not completely insane).

But I just realized some of those units need vehicle support.....No..must resist......

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1254 on: 02 December 2021, 16:55:38 »
ok. Whew. Last orders are placed until I paint everything. That's 6 different factions, 145 units. Firm goal, no more purchases until those units are painted, decaled, based, and sealed. (Purchases of miniatures of course..I'm not completely insane).

But I just realized some of those units need vehicle support.....No..must resist......

Don't forget Aero support...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1255 on: 02 December 2021, 17:14:27 »
Don't forget Aero support...

I am creeping ever closer to caving and buying fighters. I now have two Shilones and the aero battlemat will arrive at my house before Christmas.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #1256 on: 02 December 2021, 17:52:20 »
While not a CGL project (I think) Creative Juggernaut (the resin StormCrow and Black Knight people) released their first wave of textured ‘biome’ hex bases, Badlands and Lunar bases.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1257 on: 02 December 2021, 18:34:10 »
I am creeping ever closer to caving and buying fighters. I now have two Shilones and the aero battlemat will arrive at my house before Christmas.

Same: two Shilones and a single Kirghiz are the start of an Aerospace Star. I have a vehicle Trinary but more than half are ClickTech scale because I made a mistake.

Mechs first, then Elementals, and MAYBE I’ll fill out my support later.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1258 on: 02 December 2021, 22:08:20 »
Priming the pump almost.  ^-^

Yeah, I'm due to buy some more aerospace assets as well. I thought at one point I'd stick with micro Aerospace wings to keep things at capital scale, but the sneaky bastards gave me a freebie.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1259 on: 02 December 2021, 22:55:59 »
I'm going to end up with six Shilones once my store order gets here.  Haven't figured out whether they're all going in one squadron, or if pairs are going in separate units.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.