Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141083 times)

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #1260 on: 02 December 2021, 23:06:08 »
I'm going to end up with six Shilones once my store order gets here.  Haven't figured out whether they're all going in one squadron, or if pairs are going in separate units.

I think I'm going to paint 2-4 wings in separate colors for two sides and then re-do for one side if CGL ever distributes different aerospace models.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1261 on: 02 December 2021, 23:24:51 »
My problem at the moment is that the units I have are not traditional users of the Shilone outside of one or two, and those are the one or two I have but don't actually play as much.  The easiest one to justify outside of that is likewise one I don't play much, but one that I like a lot more as a paint scheme.  And the rest are Clans, who can do better.

It's a tough choice.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #1262 on: 02 December 2021, 23:27:54 »
Aggressor squadron?

My problem at the moment is that the units I have are not traditional users of the Shilone outside of one or two, and those are the one or two I have but don't actually play as much.  The easiest one to justify outside of that is likewise one I don't play much, but one that I like a lot more as a paint scheme.  And the rest are Clans, who can do better.

It's a tough choice.

William J. Pennington

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1263 on: 02 December 2021, 23:33:35 »

It's a tough choice.

Salvage. Paint as a neutral merc color, a temporary hire. Clans, well, they don't waste anything. And no matter how low tech it is, bombs are still bombs.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1264 on: 02 December 2021, 23:47:01 »

It's a tough choice.

Since mine are Ghost Bear they will be ceremonial (yet functional) links to Tyra Miraborg as part of our air wing. Because that the only reason I can come up with lol

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1265 on: 03 December 2021, 07:05:20 »
Woke up to find Anthony posted the redesigned Goliath to his Patreon page, it's very nice hopefully it is in today's Rec Guide.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1266 on: 03 December 2021, 07:53:07 »
Wait. It is Friday? Man, my sense of time is utterly messed up...
Jade Phoenix today at least. Think the Goliath is the only Classic missing still so it seems plausible.

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1267 on: 03 December 2021, 08:20:56 »
Was the new RecGuide today or next Friday? I am lost after another move of release due amount of products going out from CGL.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Karasu

• Mecharcheologist by appointment
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #1268 on: 03 December 2021, 08:33:49 »
Was the new RecGuide today or next Friday? I am lost after another move of release due amount of products going out from CGL.
Today, then a fortnight from now, then a week after that (ie 3rd, 17th and 24th of December)

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #1269 on: 03 December 2021, 09:50:36 »
Today, then a fortnight from now, then a week after that (ie 3rd, 17th and 24th of December)

The end of an 18 month journey.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1270 on: 03 December 2021, 10:25:40 »
Wait. It is Friday? Man, my sense of time is utterly messed up...
Jade Phoenix today at least. Think the Goliath is the only Classic missing still so it seems plausible.

Lol, this week my wife had me convinced on Wednesday it was Taco Tuesday- she was getting hyped.  After picking up a car that had been in the shop, we figure out it is Wednesday . . . and then we get to the place we were getting tacos at 7:01, and she missed the cheaper margaritas by 1 minute.  I took a few knocks for her unfortunate sense of timing that week while laughing.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1271 on: 03 December 2021, 10:27:09 »

Consult your magic 8 ball or ouija board for details on when the next rec guide will drop.   >:D

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1272 on: 03 December 2021, 10:58:20 »
The end of an 18 month journey.

Best 18 month Journey ever, if you consider it contained the Kickstarter and the most enjoyable line of products in my 30 year memory of BattleTech.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1273 on: 03 December 2021, 11:01:13 »
Speaking of Quads, who thinks we might finally get a Goliath that isn't bad?  I know its possible, I'm just curious how we get there!

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #1274 on: 03 December 2021, 11:07:01 »
Speaking of Quads, who thinks we might finally get a Goliath that isn't bad?  I know its possible, I'm just curious how we get there!

Your wish was granted decades ago, the moment TRO 3025 gave us a Goliath not numbered -3M.
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1275 on: 03 December 2021, 11:24:15 »
Your wish was granted decades ago, the moment TRO 3025 gave us a Goliath not numbered -3M.

I know my post was pretty subjective.  Everyone might have a Goliath or two they liked--it just hasn't happened to me yet. 

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1276 on: 03 December 2021, 14:40:46 »
Recognition Guide Vol. 22 Now Available; Wolf’s Dragoons ForcePack at Barnes & Noble

BattleMech Recognition Guide: ilClan, Volume 22 is now available in stores, along with the PDF of BattleTech Legends!

Customers who previously purchased the Legends book through the Catalyst Game Labs store only should have received an e-mail that their PDF download is now available. If you feel you should have received this e-mail but have not, please contact store@catalystgamelabs.com.

In addition, we’re pleased to announce that the Wolf’s Dragoons Assault Star ForcePack is rolling into Barnes & Noble stores! Be sure to check your local availability before heading out to a nearby store.

Recognition Guide: ilClan, Vol. 22

PDF: $3.99

The march of technology across BattleTech’s eras is relentless—but some BattleMech designs never die. Each installment of this PDF-only series not only includes a brand new BattleMech or OmniMech, but also details Classic ’Mech designs from both the Inner Sphere and the Clans, now fully rebuilt with Dark Age technology (3085 and beyond).

Allowing beloved units redesigned for the BattleTech: Clan Invasion crowd funding campaign to be competitive on “modern” battlefields, this series also includes in-universe development notes, battle histories, notable pilots, and record sheets for each ’Mech. Released as a series of 24 PDF-only documents through the end of 2020 and early 2021, many ’Mechs featured in this series will be collected in print upon its completion.

Catalyst Web Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-recognition-guide-ilclan-vol-22

DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/378471/BattleTech-Recognition-Guide-ilClan-Vol-22

BattleTech Legends

PDF Only: $19.99
Standard Edition+ PDF: $49.99

LEGENDS NEVER DIE

Across the centuries, the fate of the Inner Sphere changed time and again with the actions of one MechWarrior and one ‘Mech fighting at the crux of history. There stories became legends passed down through the years, and now these legends and their ‘Mechs stand revealed as never before.

BattleTech: Legends depicts fifty-two of the universe’s most famous–and infamous–MechWarrors and their ‘Mechs from every era of BattleTech including the upcoming ilClan era. Each entry includes gorgeous full-color portraits of the character and came specs for their machines, and delves into their battle history as a MechWarrior to reveal all-new details never before published. Finally, each era section kicks off with all-new fiction by some of BattleTech‘s own Legendary authors!

Catalyst Web Store: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-legends?variant=39883315052578

DriveThruRPG (PDF only): https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/379352/BattleTech-Legends

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1277 on: 03 December 2021, 15:30:30 »
Well . . . not on the cover (some birdie mech?), but this one seems to be Quads!  Preview shows the Doom Courser (Omni Quad) and Goliath (for the dreamers) in Marik hands until the Wolves knocked on the door.  But the Wolves are building a upgraded Scorpion on Oliver.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1278 on: 03 December 2021, 16:01:29 »
In addition, we’re pleased to announce that the Wolf’s Dragoons Assault Star ForcePack is rolling into Barnes & Noble stores! Be sure to check your local availability before heading out to a nearby store.

I can confirm that my local B&N had two on the shelf next to the Beginner Box yesterday.
I have spoken.

MarauderD

• Major
« Reply #1279 on: 03 December 2021, 16:36:46 »
I can confirm that my local B&N had two on the shelf next to the Beginner Box yesterday.

I think stocking BattleTech, be it the Beginner's Box, AGoAC, or the Wolf's Dragoons Assault Star at places like Barnes & Noble is a brilliant way to get product in front of the masses and convert more people into fans and players.  Well done, CGL team.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2021, 17:12:55 by MarauderD »

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1280 on: 03 December 2021, 16:51:23 »
Finding the BT box set in a book store is where I got my start in battletech.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #1281 on: 03 December 2021, 17:25:03 »
Yes!  I'm going to download both right now...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #1282 on: 03 December 2021, 17:57:16 »
Been to my local B&N all week. They got three copies of the GoAC box, but no WD packs. I believe that they did come in, but are gone now. My area has no other Battletech players, but a preponderance of scalpers. There are a great many here who make their living scouring the thrift stores and waiting like vultures for the collectibles to be put out in stores. They snatch up all the new toys, Pokemon and sports cards, and anything else they think they can turn a buck on. I'll put money that one of them snagged the entire shipment of WD packs from B&N.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #1283 on: 03 December 2021, 18:03:22 »
You can tell them they are why I never bother with e-bay.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1284 on: 03 December 2021, 18:08:20 »
Been to my local B&N all week. They got three copies of the GoAC box, but no WD packs. I believe that they did come in, but are gone now. My area has no other Battletech players, but a preponderance of scalpers. There are a great many here who make their living scouring the thrift stores and waiting like vultures for the collectibles to be put out in stores. They snatch up all the new toys, Pokemon and sports cards, and anything else they think they can turn a buck on. I'll put money that one of them snagged the entire shipment of WD packs from B&N.

Any shot at a B&N web order, transferring from another store elsewhere, or is that all sold out?
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #1285 on: 03 December 2021, 19:38:19 »
Any shot at a B&N web order, transferring from another store elsewhere, or is that all sold out?

I haven't tried yet. I'm not big on web orders, so I'd rather wait to see if they get more in. I want to support my local store. It's been a good hangout place for me for over twenty years, and the rate things are going, we're in our last days together. If I can give them just the cost of one WD pack, I will.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #1286 on: 03 December 2021, 21:30:27 »
I haven't tried yet. I'm not big on web orders, so I'd rather wait to see if they get more in. I want to support my local store. It's been a good hangout place for me for over twenty years, and the rate things are going, we're in our last days together. If I can give them just the cost of one WD pack, I will.

You can ask at their help desk to order something for you.  They'll e-mail you when it's in and hold it for a few days at no cost.  If you never pick it up, they just put it on the shelf.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1287 on: 03 December 2021, 21:31:34 »
I see the Falcons got their own Rec Guide lol

Crimson Dawn

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1288 on: 04 December 2021, 14:53:09 »
The Cleveland area has a fair number of them around.  The group I play with are buying a few.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #1289 on: 04 December 2021, 19:49:56 »
To Ray and "The Art Crew" (Gang? Clan?):

Ya'll did an AMAZING job on the Classic Goliath!  I'm looking forward to getting 4 of them in Metal from IWM at some point!  Hopefully in the not-so-distant future!  Same for the Doom Courser!  That LRM boat variant sounds NASTY!!   >:D

And Yes, I'm also loving the Classic Scorpion!  Eager to buy 4 of THOSE in Metal from IWM as well!   :excited: :thumbsup:

:clap: :beer: :clap: :beer:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Register