Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run  (Read 141744 times)

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
Re: Upcoming Releases XXI: Urbie's Beer Run
« Reply #690 on: 18 October 2021, 23:31:49 »

And the Javelin is up on Anthony's Patreon..

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #691 on: 19 October 2021, 06:40:45 »
One of the FLGS here got in 80 forcepacks Saturday
 They sold out.

To Adrian, Cubby, and everyone else who had a part in this I have one question....

What does this feel like?

Feels like we need to re-order stuff. (And we have, and we are. We're, ah, aware there's demand.)

Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #692 on: 19 October 2021, 07:35:06 »
Feels like we need to re-order stuff. (And we have, and we are. We're, ah, aware there's demand.)

Hopefully you are also taking a victory lap

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #693 on: 19 October 2021, 08:06:11 »
No doubt!  BattleTech is back!
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #694 on: 19 October 2021, 10:53:53 »
So you've heard there Might be a Slight demand for the new stuff?   :thumbsup:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #695 on: 19 October 2021, 12:35:46 »
So you've heard there Might be a Slight demand for the new stuff?   :thumbsup:

‘No no everything’s fine here, we’re all fine down here. Just a slight malfunction. Uh how are you?’

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #696 on: 19 October 2021, 12:58:18 »

And the demand doesn't seem to slow down. At all!
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #697 on: 19 October 2021, 13:11:18 »
My LGS got in 7 copies of GoAC about a week ago and it looks like they all sold out before the weekend (and before any of our regular players got to them)

I need to find these people!
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #698 on: 19 October 2021, 14:01:02 »
Now if only over-stressed supply chains and increased shipping costs weren't so high these days, the demand for Battletech would be celebrated even more!

The Eagle

• Captain
  • This is what peak performance looks like!
« Reply #699 on: 19 October 2021, 14:54:57 »
My LGS got in 7 copies of GoAC about a week ago and it looks like they all sold out before the weekend (and before any of our regular players got to them)

I picked up my second AGOAC box on Saturday at my LGS.  Owner told me he had *one* star pack that was on the shelf about five minutes, and of the dozen AGOACs he got he was down to five.
RIP Dan Schulz, 09 November 2009.  May the Albatross ever fly high.

Hit me up for BattleTech in the WV Panhandle!

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #700 on: 19 October 2021, 15:12:36 »
So, for what you say I should be forgetting about getting my hands on the Victor/enforcer/corvus pack I did not order in the Kickstarter....

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #701 on: 19 October 2021, 16:18:14 »

It's not really a question for this thread but where have they all come from?  I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook recently in battletech "I'm new to game" or "I'm back" seems to have come from nowhere

Not that I'm complaining more fans of universe means it gets bigger
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #702 on: 19 October 2021, 16:28:45 »
BattleTech was crazy big in the 90s, and a lot of people just faded away for various reasons in the years before FASA's closure.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #703 on: 19 October 2021, 20:08:41 »
Hopefully a fair bit of people grabbing up the boxes are a bit younger.
I'd hate for Battletech to retire with half its playerbase in a few years

Tyrant

• Sergeant
« Reply #704 on: 19 October 2021, 20:34:03 »
It's not really a question for this thread but where have they all come from?  I've seen a lot of posts on Facebook recently in battletech "I'm new to game" or "I'm back" seems to have come from nowhere

A few of the Facebook groups speculate that a number of them are WH40K converts who left that game for various reasons. I imagine there was also building demand before and during the KS as the AGoAC sets had to be reprinted a few times. And now with people finally starting to have everything they ordered during the KS, I imagine their friends want in on the action. There could also be some bandwagon effect due to the success of the KS and people seeing these things sell out instantly and they want to know what the craze is all about. And people who got interested through the video games. There's a number of things that could be coming together in a short time period to drive interest. As long as supply chains cooperate, it seems like Catalyst is trying to keep up with demand with physical products.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #705 on: 20 October 2021, 09:41:15 »

There are a lot more non-BT playing board gamers and war gamers out there who might be drawn in by new product, especially when they see it right in front of them on the FLGS shelf.

My guess is that slick modern packaging, updated miniatures, and Kickstarter hype convinced a lot of them to dip their toes in the water to try it out.

As long as the CGL staff doesn’t burn out, it’s a good thing.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #706 on: 20 October 2021, 09:46:33 »
Bear in mind, alot of people are still not out and about employed because of the long term effects of the pandemic.  Free time needs to be dealt with.  Also probably scalpers.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #707 on: 20 October 2021, 10:02:16 »
Scalpers yes. A few sellers on eBay charge especially onerous premiums

The pandemic has actually caused big rises in prices in a lot of hobby stuff from battletech books to retro video games to trading cards. It’s lucrative to scalp and the only way it’s going to calm down is when supply and demand meet each other

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

RabidFox

• Sergeant
« Reply #708 on: 20 October 2021, 10:59:47 »
BattleTech was crazy big in the 90s, and a lot of people just faded away for various reasons in the years before FASA's closure.

I stopped playing BattleTech around the early 2000's and just got involved with other things.  Plus with FASA closing it's doors and my non-interest in Clix system, I just put BattleTech in the closet.  On a whim, I just looked up BattleTech to see if it was still around and to my surprise, it was going pretty strong and the Kickstarter just started.  I went in full force and haven't looked back.  The Kickstarter was a great move by CGL, it certainly rekindled my interested in the Battletech franchise (not to mention having more disposable income than I had two decades ago ;D).

Guardian11

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #709 on: 20 October 2021, 22:23:32 »
Also, the recent PC games Mechwarrior Online, HBS' Battletech, and Mechwarrior 5 have brought in more people, or at least gave them the brand awareness that when those people see Battletech at a B&N or the increased publicity the kickstarter provided got people willing to try it out. When it comes to video games Battletech probably hasn't been this well known since Mechwarrior 2, or at least the days of Mechwarrior 4 and MechAssault.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #710 on: 21 October 2021, 05:39:01 »

I kinda thought Battletech was done when Fasa closed its doors, it wasn't until I was invited for a game convention did I know it was "Classic Battletech"
On and off over the 20 years my "attention" has come back to Battletech. Its back now....I have got more miniatures and product in the last month then I have in years. It would be much more if my kickstarter came in faster.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #711 on: 21 October 2021, 15:49:30 »
Also, the recent PC games Mechwarrior Online, HBS' Battletech, and Mechwarrior 5 have brought in more people, or at least gave them the brand awareness that when those people see Battletech at a B&N or the increased publicity the kickstarter provided got people willing to try it out. When it comes to video games Battletech probably hasn't been this well known since Mechwarrior 2, or at least the days of Mechwarrior 4 and MechAssault.

I imagine once the inevitable Clans expansion will hit PC/Xbox/Playstation, we will see even more newcomers (thankfully). I'm glad that we're living in such a golden age.

Now if only my FLGS would stock Battletech, it would actually spread where I live here in Europe.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #712 on: 21 October 2021, 21:29:22 »
I imagine once the inevitable Clans expansion will hit PC/Xbox/Playstation, we will see even more newcomers (thankfully). I'm glad that we're living in such a golden age.

Now if only my FLGS would stock Battletech, it would actually spread where I live here in Europe.

I'm not privy to Piranha's development plans re: Mechwarrior 5 and on, but I'm pretty sure Harebrained is done with Battletech for awhile. They were bought by Paradox and last I heard were developing a horror game of some kind.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #713 on: 21 October 2021, 21:32:26 »
I would assume Pyre was thinking about MWO, not HBS BattleTech. (I mean, that's not on consoles, is it?)

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #714 on: 21 October 2021, 23:48:43 »
I assume he meant MW5 as MWO is in Clan Invasion era for years and maybe beyond already- I didn't play MWO for years as I wasn't satisfied with how it changed and my PC stopped running it reasonably.
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #715 on: 21 October 2021, 23:49:30 »
Typo on my part, meant to write MW5.

FenderSaxbey

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #716 on: 22 October 2021, 00:02:03 »
I assume he meant MW5 as MWO is in Clan Invasion era for years and maybe beyond already- I didn't play MWO for years as I wasn't satisfied with how it changed and my PC stopped running it reasonably.

MWO is at FCCW.

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #717 on: 22 October 2021, 05:54:51 »
I'm not privy to Piranha's development plans re: Mechwarrior 5 and on, but I'm pretty sure Harebrained is done with Battletech for awhile. They were bought by Paradox and last I heard were developing a horror game of some kind.

I'm talking about PGI and their plans for Mechwarrior 5, which has been all but officially confirmed will receive some sort of Clans expansion or sequel before the license agreement with Microsoft runs out in 2025 and PGI moves onto their internal IP live service FPS multiplayer game that's still in preproduction.

Everyone and their mother who aren't super Battletech nerds are asking for Clans because of the stuff like the iconic Timberwolf. I imagine this eventual release will have an even bigger splash and grab the attention of media and newcomers due to the public mindshare of the Clans.

But yeah I really wish Paradox had allowed HBS to continue working on a Clans sequel/expansion, but them's the breaks.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #718 on: 22 October 2021, 05:56:45 »
I don't have high hopes on further development of HBS BattleTech.  It's in the modder's hands now.  I don't think Paradox has ambition. I see them like EA.  Buy other people's stuff, and keep it till it's not profitable.

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

PyreLight

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #719 on: 22 October 2021, 06:14:11 »
I don't have high hopes on further development of HBS BattleTech.  It's in the modder's hands now.  I don't think Paradox has ambition. I see them like EA.  Buy other people's stuff, and keep it till it's not profitable.

Yeah, there is no hope, Paradox didn't buy HBS just to have them work on Microsoft's IPs and pay a license fee to them. Paradox has their own internally owned IPs, such as World of Darkness, that they want to put HBS' talent and resources to good use. HBS itself is also currently working on a World of Darkness game, so there's that.

Maybe once Paradox shuts down HBS just like Microsoft shut down Fasa Studios in 2007, then Jordan and Mitch will sit in their wheelchairs and start up a new company and use the Battletech IP again  ;D

Until then, there's Mechcommander Mercenaries that works absolutely splendidly and integrates nicely with the MW5 campaign and mercenary contracts!
« Last Edit: 22 October 2021, 06:15:42 by PyreLight »

Register