Author Topic: Newbie Looking for Group in Connecticut  (Read 1709 times)

BirdDog

• Master Sergeant
Newbie Looking for Group in Connecticut
« on: 14 September 2021, 12:57:44 »
Hello all - despite my many, many years of enjoying Battletech in it's various incarnations and playing in a few MegaMek leagues, I haven't actually played face-to-face in...well, ever.

Looking to see if there's a group local or semi-local that I could learn from, and participate with!

shadhawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Captain
Re: Newbie Looking for Group in Connecticut
« Reply #1 on: 15 September 2021, 00:30:35 »
a while back a group was playing in New London area not sure if they are still active.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2021, 16:40:37 »
Well theirs a ‘group’ and I use that term loosely of us around the Danbury CT area in western CT. Problem is the nearest place to play that isn’t someone’s home is 45 minutes away in Norwalk. I mean technically theirs a place closer in New Milford but most of us refuse to go there. That and two of our group aren’t vaccinated.

I also know their was someone nearby in NY that might have been interested.

So that being said: if you know a place or are comfortable hosting I can maybe grab two or three of the vaccinated folks for a game.

BirdDog

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2021, 18:20:36 »
Well theirs a ‘group’ and I use that term loosely of us around the Danbury CT area in western CT. Problem is the nearest place to play that isn’t someone’s home is 45 minutes away in Norwalk. I mean technically theirs a place closer in New Milford but most of us refuse to go there. That and two of our group aren’t vaccinated.

I also know their was someone nearby in NY that might have been interested.

So that being said: if you know a place or are comfortable hosting I can maybe grab two or three of the vaccinated folks for a game.

My place is a bit small, but I’ll look into it.  My unit is in Danbury and my civilian job was in Norwalk right near Battlegrounds Gaming, but I live up in Waterbury and work in Greenwich now.  So…all over the place.

I’ll see if I can track down a place.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2021, 11:59:12 »
Their might be a second place in New Milford but I heard they charged so I’ll have to check into that and let you know.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: 12 October 2021, 11:50:37 »
Sorry haven’t had a chance to look myself: new full time job and babysitting. Although the second has recently come to an end so I should be good to look around my area this week and let you know.