Author Topic: Sad Time At The Station, Games Plus, Mt. Prospect, IL, October 2nd, 2021  (Read 1624 times)

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
  • Over, under, or through.
SITUATION
Kozice Ranch Station
Kozice Valley, Tukayyid
Free Rasalhague Republic
8 May 3052

The [Steel] Vipers have broken through the Com Guard lines. One ComStar division remains to defend the Station, but reinforcements can
arrive at any time. The Vipers must seize the Station building as quickly as possible—damn the cost!

This game is out of the new Tukayyid book and will be combined arms, so there will be infantry and vehicles on both sides (infantry carriers only for the Steel Vipers) but no artillery or aerospace.  I will bring all the materials, players only need to bring themselves and ideally their pens and dice (but I will have some of both on hand).

Start time will be 11:30am to give people time to come in and to get things set up.  The Com Guard side will have units suitable for newer players so if you have a friend who is interested in learning the game they are most welcome. If a Tukayyid battle interests you, please do come out and help determine if the Steel Vipers can win a victory or if they get sent reeling back into the Devil's Bath.  >:D

To the utmost!

ccprince

• Recruit
I'm probably in for this. (Might have a family obligation that day, but I'll know in plenty of time.)

I've only ever played from the Battlemech Manual, so I don't know from infantry and vehicles. Where should I look to learn about those?

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
The Total Warfare rulebook has the rule for vehicles and infantry. This battle will only feature conventional infantry, no battle armor (Clan Steel Viper's 1st Fang Cluster did not deploy battle armor on Tukayyid).
To the utmost!

Lionheart

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Sergeant
I am planning on being there.
Catalyst Demo Agent #62

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
[bump]

It's fitting that before Tukayyid the 401st Comguard Division (The White Eagles IV-Chi) was the Betelgeuse garrison, because come this Saturday It's Showtime.
To the utmost!

ccprince

• Recruit
The potential family obligation didn't happen, after all, so I'll see y'all on the battlefield!

Someone save me a spot on the "suitable for newbies" team? :-)

Dark_Falcon

• Warrant Officer
Will do.  the Comguards have some easy-to-use units.
To the utmost!