Author Topic: Operation GLASS HOUSE.  (Read 19025 times)

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
Re: Operation GLASS HOUSE.
« Reply #30 on: 30 January 2022, 21:48:48 »
I've been playing in Word, and got a good start; decent cover, ok layout, but got mixed up trying to go leftpage/right page and screwed it up somehow, so have to do the covers again.  I have lots of work done, but was waiting for questions to get answered and stopped working.  The file is too big to show here, but if somebody's interested in looking I can put it on my Dropbox and send an invite.

(edit - my god, I'm such a whiner.  3/4 of this post was just embarrassing.  I can respect the effort to do these things, I just can't do it myself.)

But no.  If I'm going to do it, It's got to be my work.  I can live with it even if it looks like my kids did it.   xp

Is this the Blake Threat File you shared with me over on Ourbattletech? Or are you going back to the New Clans?

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #31 on: 31 January 2022, 02:05:26 »
The BTF.

Timelines done, BA refits and Wheeled BA rules are written, BE trailers are done, I've bogged down in the drone section and so some more blatantly warcrimey are going to be robots.

20 or so Mechs refitted with Legacy tech are done, the rest of the Serpentis Series of vehicles are decided and rough estimates for tonnage/stats dome, but it was supposed to focus on drones/robots since those rules aren't widely understood or used.  Once the designs are done, I can relax and write the fluff.

Just life, you know?  Winter and the school year are the quiet time, but the chore list has gotten so big I'm starting to avoid it and just making it day to day is becoming an issue.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2022, 02:20:49 by Red Pins »
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #32 on: 31 January 2022, 02:25:39 »

Clíodhna redeploying to a new position having just fired.

Art by Matt Plog.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 31 January 2022, 03:03:21 »
That’s funky. I like it
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #34 on: 31 January 2022, 05:42:33 »
Torso mounted weapon cover looks cool
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: 31 January 2022, 10:17:27 »

Art by Matt Plog.

I don't know why, but I'm getting vibes similar to the Devil and Howler (Baboon) with the Side Torso mounted PPC.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
« Reply #36 on: 31 January 2022, 10:42:51 »
I've been playing in Word, and got a good start; decent cover, ok layout, but got mixed up trying to go leftpage/right page and screwed it up somehow, so have to do the covers again.  I have lots of work done, but was waiting for questions to get answered and stopped working.  The file is too big to show here, but if somebody's interested in looking I can put it on my Dropbox and send an invite.

(edit - my god, I'm such a whiner.  3/4 of this post was just embarrassing.  I can respect the effort to do these things, I just can't do it myself.)

But no.  If I'm going to do it, It's got to be my work.  I can live with it even if it looks like my kids did it.   xp

Brother hit me up if you need help with anything.  I'm good at bad words of encouragement ask Marauder lol

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: 31 January 2022, 10:43:46 »
Marauder of course Matt has continued to impress and your vision is coming forward beautifully again.  Now quit take up his time so I can finish my stuff lol.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #38 on: 31 January 2022, 11:06:33 »
Marauder of course Matt has continued to impress and your vision is coming forward beautifully again.  Now quit take up his time so I can finish my stuff lol.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: 31 January 2022, 14:58:42 »
hahahaha

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #40 on: 31 January 2022, 15:32:10 »
Yep it is a very long line.....  :'( xp
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 31 January 2022, 18:38:29 »
The BTF.

Timelines done, BA refits and Wheeled BA rules are written, BE trailers are done, I've bogged down in the drone section and so some more blatantly warcrimey are going to be robots.

20 or so Mechs refitted with Legacy tech are done, the rest of the Serpentis Series of vehicles are decided and rough estimates for tonnage/stats dome, but it was supposed to focus on drones/robots since those rules aren't widely understood or used.  Once the designs are done, I can relax and write the fluff.

Just life, you know?  Winter and the school year are the quiet time, but the chore list has gotten so big I'm starting to avoid it and just making it day to day is becoming an issue.

Strong Alone, Stronger Together. Show us what you got. We'd be more than glad to help out.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 31 January 2022, 19:08:35 »
>sigh<

It's not that I haven't been doing stuff, it's that I have no peace and quiet at home, so I have notebooks of designs and a file on flash drive and a backup at work.  When I screwed up the title page and read cover, I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so I deleted it to concentrate on the separate parts and put together when I had the entries done.

So I actually have more done, but less in a file to share.  It's a little embarrassing. :-X
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 31 January 2022, 20:24:21 »
Case in point; unscheduled hospital visit, 5cm snow removal at two houses, garbage bins to dig out and move, kids lunches, meds,dishes, my own supper, dog going nuts at wind...

I'm reminded of that Al Bundy gif, where he does the flat broke song, finishing with, 'Shoot me!'.  :excited:

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 01 February 2022, 19:17:41 »
Case in point; unscheduled hospital visit, 5cm snow removal at two houses, garbage bins to dig out and move, kids lunches, meds,dishes, my own supper, dog going nuts at wind...

I'm reminded of that Al Bundy gif, where he does the flat broke song, finishing with, 'Shoot me!'.  :excited:

Haha, it's ok bud.  Here to help just like the rest of the community.

Red Pins

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 01 February 2022, 22:24:46 »
I know.  (Snip)

But damn, that's a nice looking site!

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: 02 February 2022, 10:07:24 »
I know.  (Snip)

But damn, that's a nice-looking site!

What site?  Marauder's Word Press?  yes, it is.

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #47 on: 03 February 2022, 05:50:25 »
I don't know why, but I'm getting vibes similar to the Devil and Howler (Baboon) with the Side Torso mounted PPC.

I am thinking more Pack Hunter-ish.

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Pack_Hunter

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 03 February 2022, 14:25:28 »
@Marauder648, So any other designs in the Tuatha series?

Edit: So I think I realized what these Mechs remind me of. They remind me of the TSFs/TSAs from Muv-Luv.
« Last Edit: 03 February 2022, 19:07:36 by namar13766 »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: 03 February 2022, 21:03:32 »
@Marauder648, So any other designs in the Tuatha series?

Edit: So I think I realized what these Mechs remind me of. They remind me of the TSFs/TSAs from Muv-Luv.

I think he's going to be like me and hold off on releasing everything until his product is finished.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #50 on: 04 February 2022, 02:33:48 »
I think he's going to be like me and hold off on releasing everything until his product is finished.

Correct but if ya wanna see more stuff, go here - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/battletech-fan-troera-report-the-wars-of-grievance/ and chat about that :) This art teaser got more of a chat going than the previous book, clearly stealthy boi's is the way to go :p

namar13766

• Master Sergeant
« Last Edit: 05 February 2022, 11:49:20 by namar13766 »

Takiro

• Lieutenant
  • BattleTech: Salient Horizon
    • Your BattleTech
« Reply #52 on: 05 February 2022, 11:48:45 »
Nice, got the stats for those??

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #53 on: 05 February 2022, 11:53:27 »
That would be a different sub-forum...  ^-^

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #54 on: 05 February 2022, 13:20:00 »
Nice, got the stats for those??

Yes. yes I do :p No I'm not sharing yet :p

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #55 on: 05 February 2022, 14:14:07 »
Yes. yes I do :p No I'm not sharing yet :p
Well we will be looking forward to them.

Also I really like seeing a group of 'Mechs with their own look, it really sells a faction/group.  :thumbsup:
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #56 on: 04 March 2022, 13:07:56 »
I can't wait for the project to get done so i can post it up on Fanon Wiki!  These things are treasures.  Thanks marauder648.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #57 on: 04 March 2022, 17:49:42 »

Art by Matt Plog.
Is it only going to be Battlemechs, or will vehicles, BA, and/or ASFs be part of it?
only there is nothing to see here, as these are just mockup for a massive action movie most likely nothing reall....   8)  I mean look at that pose, like you would really see anything like this on the battlefield 2760s..  I bet there will be aliens we have to fight to win..

Well accidents DO happen you know. Such terrible problems with gas ovens even these days...
It is horrible when something blows out the pilot light and then there is a spark
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #58 on: 16 March 2022, 14:45:36 »
Coming soon from DiTron Heavy Industries, the next generation of Heavy 'Mech for the SLDF, export options are available. Come speak with your nearest DTHI representitive to learn more about the possiblities for your worlds protection!

« Last Edit: 16 March 2022, 14:49:35 by marauder648 »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #59 on: 16 March 2022, 22:04:44 »
Di Tron Heavy Industries??  They branched out from aerospace to mechs?  Cool. Diversification always good move corporately.  :thumbsup:
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register