Author Topic: (Answered) BV for guided munitions  (Read 2482 times)

DevianID

• Captain
(Answered) BV for guided munitions
« on: 02 November 2022, 03:47:22 »
Quick question here.  When adding guided weapon BV due to "if any unit in a force is equipped with TAG..." in the techmanual (i have the old book, page 314), it isnt clear where this BV gets applied.

My interpretation is that each tag mech gets that battle value of all tons of guided weapons (Semi-guided LRMs, or Guided Arrow, ect), so the TAG mech has to pay just a multiplier on that ammo based on it's experience.

But, ammo values go in the 'offensive BV calculation' part of BV, which is multiplied by a units speed factor.  Meaning TAG capable munitions for a fast Ostscout is more expensive then on a Marauder, due to the speed factor multiplier that ammo gets.

Or, does the extra cost for guided munitions go somewhere else, like a seperate line on your battle force, thus it doesnt get multiplied by the TAG unit's speed or skill?

Thanks in advance for the help!
« Last Edit: 07 December 2022, 15:53:57 by Xotl »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Where does the BV for guided munitions go?
« Reply #1 on: 02 November 2022, 07:06:04 »
It’s a flat cost per ton added to your force’s total BV like C3

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DevianID

• Captain
Re: (Answered) Where does the BV for guided munitions go?
« Reply #2 on: 03 November 2022, 06:41:14 »
Flat cost meaning no pilot skill modifiers of any mech?  For a 30 BV guided arrow ton, it's 30 BV if the mech is 4 gunnery or 2?  I had been paying a 1.4 multiplier, so that's some saved BV.

I also always paid 5% per c3 mech including their pilot BV modification, so that's 2 questions answered for the price of 1!

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #3 on: 03 November 2022, 06:59:34 »
To be clear on c3: you still add 5% of the network’s total BV (which includes pilot skill modification) to each unit in the network. I only meant that you’re not going into the BV formula to make any changes. It’s all applied after the total BV cost for the unit is known.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DevianID

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 November 2022, 13:09:46 »
Ok thanks again for the c3 clarification. 

So my 3/4 Tag Ostscout doesn't pay 39.6 (1.32 skill mod) per guided arrow for upgraded TAG skills, just a flat 30 regardless of the skill of the TAG unit.  Got it.

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2022, 13:56:36 »
Small clarification: while the BV for any guided munition is a flat amount that's added to a unit's total BV rather than to its offensive BV, piloting/gunnery modifiers occur after this BV is added.

The passage to reference here is in the TechManual, p.315: "Apply these modifiers in the order listed."
As Skill Ratings are listed last, they always modify a unit's BV after any and all TAG-related BV adjustments.
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!