Author Topic: The B-Tech Anime & Manga Super Thread Ver. X.X  (Read 193415 times)

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
Re: The B-Tech Anime & Manga Super Thread Ver. X.X
« Reply #60 on: 27 January 2011, 16:23:46 »
I got through of Pumpkin Scissors anime when previous forum was took down. Its ending was to me like that of Berserk: lots of loose plotlines. Does manga offer continuity to the story? How much does manga and anime overlap?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 27 January 2011, 17:03:15 »
Fractale episode 3 is up, for those in the US and Canada; this time, the video on Funi's site actually does work in Canada, yay.

Also, clean version of the new Type-0 trailer is out.

Drop Bear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: 27 January 2011, 22:07:21 »
I got through of Pumpkin Scissors anime when previous forum was took down. Its ending was to me like that of Berserk: lots of loose plotlines. Does manga offer continuity to the story? How much does manga and anime overlap?

literally just signed for the delivery of the first five volumes of the Manga, let you know tomorrow.

fltadm

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: 28 January 2011, 02:07:25 »
JUst finished watching on Otome Yokai Zakuro Crunchyroll. That one was fun but could defently benifited from a longer season.

As for Macross 7 I loved it except when Bassera was talking.
No Matter where you go,there you are

,,,,gotta lov "Space Cougers"

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #64 on: 28 January 2011, 08:34:54 »
As for Macross 7 I loved it except when Bassera was talking.

What about when he was singing or yelling?

:D

;)

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #65 on: 28 January 2011, 10:17:34 »
LISTEN TO MY SOOOONG!!!! :D
My wife writes books

Sixteen tons means sixteen suits. CT must be repaired.

"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul

Crimson Crusader

• Recruit
« Reply #66 on: 28 January 2011, 10:45:47 »
I've just watched the 3rd episode of Madoka Magica and I was exceedingly shocked.

I knew that Mami would get herself killed, but certainly not in such a very gruesome manner!
« Last Edit: 30 January 2011, 21:29:40 by Crimson Crusader »

Youngblood

• Captain
  • metalmans no longer dumpy or metal, can't touch
« Reply #67 on: 28 January 2011, 10:54:19 »
Spoiler tags, man, spoiler tags!

Well, there aren't any, so use these ideas instead! http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=11292.0

Drop Bear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: 28 January 2011, 12:30:47 »

just got through Vol. 5, like the Anime it's lots of threads that are woven in to a whole we can't rightly make out yet, most of the Arcs from the Anime are in the Manga, even the Filler ep. but one of the main(ish) stories from the Anime has bean skipped and one of the side stories is just a few linked jokes that weren't expanded on. the order of some arcs is moved around a touch but not as much as other Manga to Anime (or Viki/Verki). half way through Vol. 5 we move in to what should be Season 2 of the Anime if it ever gets made. the Preview of Vol.6 looks interesting.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #69 on: 28 January 2011, 13:18:09 »
So is it like with Berserk: manga has few details more that are not in anime? Does it feel like wasted money to have both versions of the story? Animation and colours are nice, but I certainly could have left manga version of Berserk's Golden Age arc on shelf along with anime version of Black Lagoon... Do I even want Roberta's Blood Trail...
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #70 on: 28 January 2011, 13:21:46 »
... on shelf along with anime version of Black Lagoon... Do I even want Roberta's Blood Trail...

Oh...now that's just not right...Black Lagoon's anime is one of the best out there...same as the manga...

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #71 on: 28 January 2011, 13:47:22 »
Oh...now that's just not right...Black Lagoon's anime is one of the best out there...same as the manga...
That's the problem: the two are so much alike that buying both of them feels like buying Clint ('Mech) as plastic, cardboard and metal but using only one of them in any given scenario... I have one disc of Black Lagoon anime unwatched becouse I know from manga what it has to offer...
« Last Edit: 28 January 2011, 13:49:52 by Matti »

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #72 on: 28 January 2011, 13:56:20 »
Anybody watch the Gundam 00 movie? I've seen bits and pieces on Youtube and am 50/50 on it. A number of bloggers are saying to skip it.

I like some of the new designs and concepts, though. The ELS particularly remind me of a slightly less malevolent version of The Beast from Homeworld. I want to give it a chance, but does anyone know first-hand if I should save the money?
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Drop Bear

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: 28 January 2011, 14:07:38 »
actually their are more stories in the Anime falling in the ep 6-12 range that help develop the Story and Characters more than appeared in the Manga (as of the end of Vol.5) that was trying to get the story told.

Read then Watch or Watch then Read either way the story will be enhanced and the Manga continues the story after the Anime has it's Closing Credits (for now).

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 29 January 2011, 01:48:40 »
There's a bit more info about the upcoming Black★Rock Shooter game; including a look at some art for the character who will be given a Figma in the limited edition:

The Figma will apparently be previewed at next month's WonFes.

Personally, I wonder if they will also end up making a Figma for this new character, too:

fltadm

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: 29 January 2011, 18:03:47 »
What about when he was singing or yelling?

:D

;)

Ruger

Singing was good, Yelling usaly ment the singing was about to start.
No Matter where you go,there you are

,,,,gotta lov "Space Cougers"

Nerroth

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 30 January 2011, 13:41:18 »
Kyouran Kyoudai have a look at the magazine version of the article I linked to above.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 30 January 2011, 19:47:47 »
Singing was good, Yelling usaly ment the singing was about to start.

singing was alright. Yelling is why there is mute, which is not a problem with subtitles, and talking GAH!!! Every time he opened his mouth I had the urge to write a Nanoha crossover just so I could arrange for him to be violently befriended
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 30 January 2011, 22:27:32 »
Basara: LISTEN TO MY SONG!!!
Nanoha: LISTEN TO MY STARLIGHT BREAKER!!!

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #79 on: 30 January 2011, 23:00:18 »
yeah something like that
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Notsonoble

• Lieutenant
  • Justice will be delicious!!!
« Reply #80 on: 30 January 2011, 23:19:39 »
Index II ep16, apparently Academy City residents have some interesting health coverage...
Self:  Meltrans are already culture shocked, except their response is to squeal like high school girls at a boy band concert and discharge energy weapons in random directions.
Weirdo: Sounds like the proper reaction to a Macross Cannon to me.
Quote from: Weirdo
And of course if even a single Constitution had shown up onscreen for even a single second, you would have been able to hear the mass squeeing from orbit.

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #81 on: 31 January 2011, 10:25:43 »
Fractale #3: Fractale just got a WHOLE lot more violent. Kind of jarring considering how peaceful everything was before hand. 

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • In the name of Xin Sheng, I will punish you!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #82 on: 31 January 2011, 11:46:27 »
Index II ep16, apparently Academy City residents have some interesting health coverage...

Apparently, the Pope has some wierd companions.  Someone should have told him to stick with the Loli-nun hit squad!

Also - Infinite Stratos!  All the haters should take a second look.  The fight scenes in every episode have been abslutely incredible, especially the last one!

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #83 on: 31 January 2011, 13:23:56 »
Bleach is Bleach, 1 of the big 3.

For the other two I guess that Naruto is one, but what is the other one?

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: 31 January 2011, 14:06:07 »
Speaking of which, in the latest manga, it looks like Gaara's father has been revealed. This should be interesting!  :)
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #85 on: 31 January 2011, 14:09:36 »
For the other two I guess that Naruto is one, but what is the other one?
One Piece
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: 01 February 2011, 23:26:39 »
My twisted, distorted, totally unimportant anime ranking for this season so far:

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
2. Wandering Son
3. Fractale
4. Infinite Stratos
5. Yumekui Merry
6. Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
7. Onii-chan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!!
Eww, gross: Freezing

Also, GAINAX's "Houkago no Pleiades" shorts are a fun watch, complete with a Crowning Moment of Awesome.  Not much to do with Subaru's cars aside from a few design cues and sound effects, though.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #87 on: 02 February 2011, 02:39:11 »
my list is:
1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica (good stuff! I want the OST)
2. Index season II
3. Yumekui Merry
4. Kore wa Zombie desu ka? (they are beginning to redeem themselves)
5. Wolverine
6. Freezing (mostly cause i am bored...)
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

Youngblood

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: 02 February 2011, 05:27:11 »
Oh, if second seasons are also fair game, then I'd also like to pimp the second half of STAR DRIVER!  Preening fabulous people everywhere, and I love that new ED!

Baldur Mekorig

• Lieutenant
  • Join the Brotherhood, our mechs are cuter!
    • My Facebook
« Reply #89 on: 02 February 2011, 13:54:12 »
I was very into manga and anime long time ago, but now, i dont watch anime at all, and only follow  some mangas like Berserk, Alita: Last Order or Vindland Saga. Wachted 5 minutes of Naruto and fell ill.
Oh my brother, with your courage we can conquer,
In your sword I put my trust that you will honor
I will be the higher ground should you concede it
And my body be your shield if you should need it.

Register