Author Topic: (Answered) Spot Welder and Salvage Arm on the same arm  (Read 1305 times)

Lycanphoenix

• Master Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
(Answered) Spot Welder and Salvage Arm on the same arm
« on: 17 January 2023, 21:10:14 »
So, I have two IndustrialMech designs that include both a Spot Welder and a Salvage Arm on the same arm. One out of necessity, the other out of stylistic choice. While the rules don't say I can't do this, and I can mentally picture the two coexisting like butter and jam on toast (think: a salvage arm with an integrated welder), they do technically both replace the hand actuator. The salvage arm mounting restrictions make no mention of spot welders, and the spot welder says it can be mounted in the side torso on Quad 'mechs, so it makes no mention of salvage arms.

So... What's the ruling on this? I don't want to lose the ability to have them both on one arm, but at the same time I must know the truth!
« Last Edit: 17 January 2023, 21:18:04 by Xotl »

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Spot Welder and Salvage Arm on the same arm
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2023, 21:17:49 »
Normally we require page number references with your question, to help speed up our research for you.

TechManual p. 248 says that both replace the hand actuator.  The Salvage Arm entry strangely gives a list of items it prevents from being installed alongside it due to this requirement (not the usual procedure), but curiously doesn't mention the Spot Welder.  All the same, you can only replace the hand actuator once, so you could not have both on the same arm.
« Last Edit: 17 January 2023, 21:29:44 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Lycanphoenix

• Master Sergeant
  • Amaroq the Kitsune#1092
    • Message me on Telegram
Re: (Answered) Spot Welder and Salvage Arm on the same arm
« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2023, 21:28:35 »
Thank you. Updating my designs now.

Register