Author Topic: Rasalhague Dominion: The voting will continue until morale improves!  (Read 49785 times)

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Kodiak II 3
 :o ;D

36 clusters, cause why not
« Last Edit: 30 April 2023, 17:31:46 by Kerfuffin(925) »
NCKestrel’s new favorite.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Damage clusters on an Alpha Strike.

It’s a new record sheet in RS:3150

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
That's a very odd mech.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
What do you mean 36 Clusters….
LB 20-X and a pair of MRM 40s.

I like the Kodiak II 2 better, only 16x 5-point clusters, but half go out to 21 hexes and the other are TC-assisted. Plus the HarJel III should help keep it in the fight longer and better protect the XXL engine.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
It’s another XXL engine mech so I’ll never touch it. But it is funny.

Angrii

• Sergeant
Hey, sometimes crazy is beautiful. I'm into it!
Welcome to interesting times

Minemech

• Captain
There is a Hermes II you should play at least once for the experience, but I digress.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Between HarJel III and CASE II it's a little better off, but I get your feelings on XXL engines.

CJC070

• Lieutenant
LB 20-X and a pair of MRM 40s.

I like the Kodiak II 2 better, only 16x 5-point clusters, but half go out to 21 hexes and the other are TC-assisted. Plus the HarJel III should help keep it in the fight longer and better protect the XXL engine.

From what I read on sarna.net the Kodiak II 2 only has an XL engine or did I read that wrong?

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
From what I read on sarna.net the Kodiak II 2 only has an XL engine or did I read that wrong?

Sarna doesn’t mention it but it’s in the record sheets. It’s kind of a big omission but it’s hard to fit all that other stuff without it.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Might be an error on Sarna's end. The Kodiak II has an XL. The Kodiak II 2 and Kodiak II 3 both have XXL engines. We've had the record sheet for the 2 for a long while, going back to TRO3145: Clans, so it's not something new.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Sarna often has errors that persist for long periods of time simply because someone put faulty information onto a page and nobody who knew that it was incorrect checked it for a long time.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Minemech

• Captain
 A thing that you have to watch out for on Sarna is that the citations can be misleading. This metastasizes the issue. I will not give examples. Chicago short form and ibids are fine.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
I do not like that Kodiak II 3. I dislike the XXL, and the Inner Sphere MRM’s…. But that is hilariously funny. Plop it down in a city like a Hetzer with double blind and watch chaos ensure at close range. Looking again it’s oversinked. Woulda been funnier with an Ultra AC/20.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I do not like that Kodiak II 3. I dislike the XXL, and the Inner Sphere MRM’s…. But that is hilariously funny. Plop it down in a city like a Hetzer with double blind and watch chaos ensure at close range. Looking again it’s oversinked. Woulda been funnier with an Ultra AC/20.

It's not oversinked: XXL engines generate significantly more heat than other engine types: 2 just for standing still, 4 for walking, and 6 for running.  That means that it will gain heat on a running alpha strike.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
It's not oversinked: XXL engines generate significantly more heat than other engine types: 2 just for standing still, 4 for walking, and 6 for running.  That means that it will gain heat on a running alpha strike.

Right…. Never mind then carry on. Still don’t like it but I’ll throw one into my Urban Company with at the very least four UrbanMechs (probably 8 and then I’ll end up an Urban Battalion and I’ll hate myself when I buy the UrbanMech company)).

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
I have two and that is more than enough. (I might get the variant lance too. Just to be sure)

Changing gears…
But now every other clan faction has atleast one of their new rec guide mechs produced by IWM. Heavy on the wolf mechs. Think we will see ghost bear mechs starting next or they’ll finish up wolf or the falcons? Or even go with the new IS mechs first?

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Hard to say.  Would be nice to see IWM's release schedule for the year.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
I’d LOVE to see the new Ghost Bear mechs even if they are in metal! But IDK how the IWM process goes so I couldn’t say. My personal guess would be they probably have a line from all the previous requests that they work thru and we’re somewhere on that list.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Next question/musing

HAGs BV is probably too high, this is known (yes?).

Is the Shadow Hawk IIC 6 (HAG20 w/3tons) worth the ~150 BV more than the 10 (UAC10 w/3tons). Otherwise identical mechs. It’s 150 BV for flak, longer but not super effective range, and effectively equal shots and no jam.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I'm not a huge fan of either weapon, but which one I'd choose probably depended on the rest of my force.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
Haven’t used HAG’s too often or recently for that matter. I think my next game will have one or two in my force IIRC

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
The HAG 20 is more comparable to a Streak LRM20 that has an explodey gun than explodey ammo

Not sure about the HAGs heat, I'm away from my computer and resources

So is it worth it depends on do you want 5pt clusters or 10pt damage blocks
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
HAGs generate some heat, but it's significantly less than a double-tap from an Ultra 10.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
its 4/6/8 versus 6 (for 20/30/40)

idk i dont like the cluster malus at long range. You gotta be lucky to hit with more than 12 at ranges greater than UAC10 range anyway.

Kerfuffin(925)

• Major
Im sitting here thinking…
We just went for a quickie war against the combine that could easily turn into a quagmire after our disaster of a vote.

Alaric wants to punish somebody for the destruction of the smoke jags, and probably is looking to do the same for the Nova Cats. Could that be his bargaining chip to get us to join up?

I don’t think he is in any place to actually offer support, but organize support against the Dracs

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
It's possible.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
Alaric can offer support in the form of raiding parties and attacks on other Combine worlds using any of the Wolf, Terran Jade Falcons, Smoke Jaguars, or Snow Ravens. Even a few of those hitting different areas should tie down the Combine forces to where they are anticipating an attack from any direction.

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
...Allowing the Cappies and FWL to overwhelm and destroy the tiny, faux Star League while its distracted trying to woo the Bears it alienated! I like this plan.
« Last Edit: 12 May 2023, 15:53:30 by GuyIncognito »

Register