Author Topic: GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion  (Read 6520 times)

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
Re: GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion
« Reply #30 on: 08 August 2023, 08:10:50 »

Didn't expect to see Coyotl making a big comeback

Old timer still has gas in the tank

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #31 on: 08 August 2023, 09:06:36 »
More pics from the Book of Faces.. (CamoSpecs' page)

https://www.facebook.com/camospecs/posts/pfbid02E6D2TxBiWLhGTBgq5EUXf5g1ycXsTNZSziifXtmqmoUejGzrcdikhxZqVWod5RXXl

Does that Dire Wolf have Aztec-style decoration on the upper torso ?

Yes, the Smoke Jaguar star was painted by Savage Coyote and he showed some of it off.  Some of them will show zoomed in parts of pictures as a tease when they have painted for a Force pack or the diorama.  I guessed his Cauldron Born & Raven tease a month ago when he showed them.  He posted a star photo I think they took at GenCon before they started placing.  Dire Wolf, Cauldron Born, Coyotl, Viper, Mist Lynx . . . Viper is the only one hard to see in the pics.

I had forgotten the Kraken was in the picture, but it is interesting that shows as a Raven ride rather than a Falcon.  TBH the Falcons' camo pattern is a bit dull, olive drab with some yellow trim- have to hunt for their contribution, but I saw a Kit Fox with the Amorak, a Executioner, Fire Moth, and Griffin IIC?

Also interesting is two different Wolf forces- you have the tiger stripes of Gamma, but the Ares is a charcoal along with a Hammerhead, the Grendel, the Timber Wolf blowing a arm/missile pod free . . . and maybe the 4 weapon Lament?  I THINK you can see a Wolf decal on the right shoulder pauldron.  The only reason I am not sure is the grayish Marauder in the midst of the Capellan troops, but they are two different colors.  The Lament and the Artic Cheetah that are with 3 Jagas and what looks like another tiger stripe are pushing in from that edge.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 08 August 2023, 10:25:30 »
The ares presence feels like they added the last bit for a Box Art army.

I’d expect Alaric to reform the few RAF volunteers into some totally-not-solamha clusters and station them on Terra. Feels weird that they’d be used on offense.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #33 on: 08 August 2023, 10:54:10 »
Deploying questionable troops away from their home territory is a tried and true method of integration . . . or at least attrition.  The Wolf Empire already did this, placing League raised freebirth clusters on the Lyran border and Lyran raised freebirth clusters on the League border; harnessing the already built in animosity to overcome any lingering feelings about the new overlords.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #34 on: 08 August 2023, 10:54:29 »
Feels weird that they’d be used on offense.

"In chess, the pawns go first." - Magneto
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #35 on: 08 August 2023, 10:57:46 »
"In chess, the pawns go first." - Magneto

Huh, I thought there was a clap emoji . . . but *golf clap* bravo . . . excellent X-Men reference.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #36 on: 08 August 2023, 11:32:47 »
Just seeing all of these different Clans together on one table makes me happy. Especially the Ravens and the Jaguars. And seeing them fighting the Cappies, my favorite of the Houses, is just icing on the cake. I think this might be my favorite diorama since the WoR one.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #37 on: 08 August 2023, 12:09:41 »
I was actually surprised the Ravens did not have a Carrion Crow on the table.  Jags getting a Coyotl was a good nod to the Proliferation Cycle box, wonder if there is perhaps a Firebee among the Cappies.
Colt Ward

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 08 August 2023, 12:15:24 »
snip - I was actually surprised the Ravens did not have a Carrion Crow on the table. - snip

They do (well, did..)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2023, 12:17:37 by Death_from_above »

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #39 on: 08 August 2023, 12:17:15 »
What unit are the Ravens from? I don't recognize the paint scheme.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 08 August 2023, 12:25:33 »
Not sure, but there's gray and teal in there, so I'm guessing Beta Galaxy ?

CamoSpecs :

uses a color scheme of teal and dark olive gray with yellow and light gray highlights.

It's better visible on the jumping War Crow (2nd pic in reply 17).
« Last Edit: 08 August 2023, 12:30:43 by Death_from_above »

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 08 August 2023, 12:51:33 »
Didn't expect to see Coyotl making a big comeback

Old timer still has gas in the tank

Yeah. The Sea Foxes are selling them to anyone who will buy.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #42 on: 08 August 2023, 13:05:00 »
The Coyotl is a pretty good med starter Omni.  Going 7/11 with some decent pod-space and IIRC simpler upkeep.
Colt Ward

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #43 on: 08 August 2023, 13:47:57 »
What's up with the guy in the back here, is it a specific Raptor II variant or a custom using the Raptor II's body?
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #44 on: 08 August 2023, 13:48:10 »
Didn't the Highlanders find the Falcons (and not the Cappies) on Caph in the December 3152.   Same month as we see them on New Earth?

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 08 August 2023, 13:58:13 »

Engages squint-fu.. IMO that's a -5X variant of the Raptor II.

Looks like a Black Lanner right arm and Cougar left arm ?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #46 on: 08 August 2023, 14:26:24 »
Had not seen that side, but . . . ooo, those Hetzers
Colt Ward

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #47 on: 08 August 2023, 14:40:09 »
I love the new Hetzers, they're little doom buggies.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #48 on: 08 August 2023, 15:23:11 »
Huh, I thought there was a clap emoji . . . but *golf clap* bravo . . . excellent X-Men reference.

There used to be.  The forum lost a bunch of emojis in the update a couple weeks ago.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 11 August 2023, 08:55:55 »
No, I think it is a legit avenue of inquiry . . . I mean we could have Ravens observing how the ilClan proposes to integrate forces from different Clans into one operational chain of command with the Wolves, Falcons, and Jaguars doing a demo.

Oh that is interesting… is the new ilkhan/first lord imbued with any additional powers or anything to enforce his or her will over the other clans?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #50 on: 11 August 2023, 08:59:14 »
Whoa whoa whoa, they've unleashed the Jaguars? And their DropShip(s) didn't get shot down with no survivors before the battle? I'm hoping that means they actually stick around!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #51 on: 11 August 2023, 09:10:43 »
ilKhan Alaric is bringing them back, though their restoration to full status will require service.  They had Trials of Bloodright at the end of Hour . . . but Jaguar Bloodnames were already active, the RecGuides talked about a Warden Wolf warrior who joined the Crusaders fighting a Trial of Propagation on Solaris to activate another dormant Weaver Blood Heritage.
Colt Ward

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 11 August 2023, 10:03:32 »
ilKhan Alaric is bringing them back, though their restoration to full status will require service.  They had Trials of Bloodright at the end of Hour . . . but Jaguar Bloodnames were already active, the RecGuides talked about a Warden Wolf warrior who joined the Crusaders fighting a Trial of Propagation on Solaris to activate another dormant Weaver Blood Heritage.

Are they considered a new clan with the smoke jag name or a direct continuation of the OG jags?

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #53 on: 11 August 2023, 10:11:15 »
Are they considered a new clan with the smoke jag name or a direct continuation of the OG jags?

The core of the new Smoke Jaguars are part of the Fidelis, a Republic special forces unit made up of descendants of the Smoke Jaguars who escaped the Clan Homeworlds.  The novels Surrender Your Dreams and Forever Faithful have the details.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #54 on: 11 August 2023, 10:44:20 »
The core of the new Smoke Jaguars are part of the Fidelis, a Republic special forces unit made up of descendants of the Smoke Jaguars who escaped the Clan Homeworlds.  The novels Surrender Your Dreams and Forever Faithful have the details.

As I said in another thread, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Jaguar Bloodhouses since the Wardens were using Weaver, Moon, and whatever else were in the 6th Jaguar Dragoons & other Op Bulldog bondsmen.  Especially since Paul Moon's . . . grand-daughter? . . . wins a Moon Bloodname and becomes Khan.  For the Jaguar restoration they will need the Warden Wolves' Jaguar Bloodhouses since they had more Bloodnamed and trueborns than Paul Moon escaped with that survived the pursuing Scorpions.

We will also see what happens since the NeoJags will not have had access to their genetic repository afaik.  Will they be able to take the legacies for shared names the Council of Six set up?
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #55 on: 11 August 2023, 11:02:01 »
Hopefully TPTB actually dive into all of that stuff and don't just gloss over it. We haven't really gotten that level of detail and attention with the Clans' internal workings since the FASA days, with the exception of the Wars of Reaving (I was pleasantly surprised to see that book take the time to sort out the Bloodname issues resulting from that conflict).

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 11 August 2023, 11:04:46 »
As I said in another thread, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Jaguar Bloodhouses since the Wardens were using Weaver, Moon, and whatever else were in the 6th Jaguar Dragoons & other Op Bulldog bondsmen.  Especially since Paul Moon's . . . grand-daughter? . . . wins a Moon Bloodname and becomes Khan.  For the Jaguar restoration they will need the Warden Wolves' Jaguar Bloodhouses since they had more Bloodnamed and trueborns than Paul Moon escaped with that survived the pursuing Scorpions.

We will also see what happens since the NeoJags will not have had access to their genetic repository afaik.  Will they be able to take the legacies for shared names the Council of Six set up?

With the return of the jags is there a dedicated jag thread here?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #57 on: 11 August 2023, 11:09:22 »
With the return of the jags is there a dedicated jag thread here?

I just made one for us!

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,82260.0.html

Sjhernan3060

• Captain

Blkbr2020

• Corporal
« Reply #59 on: 12 August 2023, 22:46:42 »
Just to clarify the Facebook post says the battle is on New Home, but earlier someone said New Earth.........what is the correct world?

https://www.facebook.com/camospecs/posts/pfbid02E6D2TxBiWLhGTBgq5EUXf5g1ycXsTNZSziifXtmqmoUejGzrcdikhxZqVWod5RXXl

Register