Author Topic: MUL - Dire Wolf "Widowmaker"  (Read 1090 times)

wildkadabra

• Master Sergeant
MUL - Dire Wolf "Widowmaker"
« on: 27 August 2023, 11:15:57 »
I see that Dire Wolf "Widowmaker" is listed in the MUL as widely available to a lot of factions. Does this mean that after Natasha Kerensky's death, the "Widowmaker" became a standard production configuration or is it a mistake on the part of the MUL?

If this is indeed intentional, and the "Widowmaker" did in fact become a standard production configuration, what is the possibility of other OmniMechs like Gargoyle "Conal" (just as an example) or Timber Wolf "Pryde" becoming standard production configurations? I can certainly picture a lot of Jade Falcon warriors copying Pryde's mech after his death.
« Last Edit: 27 August 2023, 11:17:56 by wildkadabra »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: MUL - Dire Wolf "Widowmaker"
« Reply #1 on: 27 August 2023, 15:18:11 »
A bit of background: The Widowmaker is a special case among unique omni configs as it appears on RATs in both FM: Crusader Clans and FM: Warden Clans. One can make a number of inferences about what might or might not happen in universe, but we require canon confirmation to make something tagged as unique more broadly available.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register