Author Topic: Aviation Pictures: A-Seven-th Thread--CorsAirin' Through Time and Airspace  (Read 40079 times)

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
The Air Force released some new Raider pics.

I have spoken.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
Meanwhile, in the US Marine Corps...

I'm getting Twilight:2000 vibes here...

Mmmm... BT version of Twilight:2K...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
The Air Force released some new Raider pics.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
Dutch F-16AM 'J-015', 312 Sqn, RAF Waddingon.06.07.13
Not sure if it's one of the airframes being donated to Ukraine

E-3D Sentry AEW1 ZH102, 8 Sqn, RAF Leuchars.14.09.12

Both from photographer Alan McConnell (https://www.flickr.com/photos/153873640@N02/)

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
Sadly, I have news that forum alumnus Deathshadow passed away in his sleep early May 23, 2024. I talked to him regularly on Facebook Messenger, and when looking into why he'd been offline for an unusually long time, his IRL friends updated the rest of us on what had happened.

To absent friends, then. He always was a fan of the Viper.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Absent friends...

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
Sadly, I have news that forum alumnus Deathshadow passed away in his sleep early May 23, 2024. I talked to him regularly on Facebook Messenger, and when looking into why he'd been offline for an unusually long time, his IRL friends updated the rest of us on what had happened.

To absent friends, then. He always was a fan of the Viper.

If I am thinking of the right person, I believe he flew one back in the day.  I do recall exchanging things like reloading and brewing recipes with him about a dozen years ago.

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
If I am thinking of the right person, I believe he flew one back in the day.  I do recall exchanging things like reloading and brewing recipes with him about a dozen years ago.

Deathshadow did claim to be a former F-16 pilot at Eielson in Alaska, although he also tended towards the tall tales side of stories and I never pushed much on the gaps. Reloading sounds... possible, since he had familiarity with firearms, but wasn't actually active shooting at all. Brewing seems very unlikely, since AFAIK he never drank alcohol.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
Deathshadow did claim to be a former F-16 pilot at Eielson in Alaska, although he also tended towards the tall tales side of stories and I never pushed much on the gaps. Reloading sounds... possible, since he had familiarity with firearms, but wasn't actually active shooting at all. Brewing seems very unlikely, since AFAIK he never drank alcohol.

Deathshadow was an interesting character who definitely had strong opinions on things, and no problem sharing them, even if that had a tendency to get him into trouble at times, but he was also a standup dude, and a fellow computer nerd who, like me, cut his teeth on a TRS-80 back in the day.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Those are both REALLY short, but not (BT) Karnov short... ;)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I always liked the Dash7. Neat looking quad prop. Don't see to many of those anymore.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
I always liked the Dash7. Neat looking quad prop. Don't see to many of those anymore.

They haven't been built in a few decades, though they're still (somewhat) in use.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
F-15EX photoshop.  :laugh:

I have spoken.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster

Getting "Wingman" vibes..

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
That and Ace Combat, yeah...
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
That and Ace Combat, yeah...

They actually just open a dimension door to the missile dimension  :cheesy:

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
As much as l love flight simulator flying games, I have never played that game.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

chanman

• Major
  • Architect of suffering
As much as l love flight simulator flying games, I have never played that game.

Simulator isn't close to the word for it.  :cheesy:
FWIW, I've played both Ace Combat 7 and Project Wingman (a fan-made game much like Stardew Valley is to Harvest Moon) and while AC7 is more polished in general and specially more impressively graphically, Project Wingman has much better gameplay and a better (and just as insane) plot arc. It might even have the better soundtrack, honestly.

Project Wingman Mission 11 is the entire genre in a nutshell. A single mission that can see you shooting down 80 aircraft or more in a gigantic furball.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.

This is exactly how my airforce is equipped, at all times  :shocked:  :smilie_happy_clapping:
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo