Author Topic: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 15697 times)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
Re: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #240 on: 11 July 2024, 18:52:52 »
Got the kingdom hearts collection of steam for a steal. It’s as weird as advertised

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

PsihoKekec

• Captain
  • Your spleen, give it to me!
« Reply #241 on: 16 July 2024, 01:15:35 »
Started Felvidek. You play as Moravian (modern day Slovakia) alcoholic knight Pavel, who bemoans the fact that his wife abandoned his drunken ass. His master sends him to investigate burning down of nearby castle, pairing him up with a priest Matej to keep his vices in check. The area is crawling with Hussites, coffe is all the rage and there is something much more sinister lurking around than just the marauding followers of Jan Hus.

Graphics take time to get used to, combat is meh, but the game grew on me, especially the interactions between Pavel and Matej (in period speak, unlike HWR). I guess it also helps I have some knowledge of the era.
Got to love the little touches, like consumables, where during combat alcohol returns HP, fancy alcohol revives the fallen, sour cream removes status ailments and porridge resets special attack points (super important)   
Shoot first, laugh later.

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
« Reply #242 on: 16 July 2024, 04:41:50 »
SOVL.

Stream version of warhammer with the serial numbers filed off. It looks like an old 90's white dwarf (the games workshop magazine) battle report. Im am enjoying it immensely. It has a free verison and you can pay some (like 5 books) for some extra factions. It also has a growitng online community and you can do ranked games against them.

I am enjoying it immensely.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • Summer's a bummer, even for Cirno!
« Reply #243 on: 16 July 2024, 17:21:35 »
Started playing (and streaming) Touhou: New World!  Here's a thing, there's a tradition that every Tuesday when I don't have a work schedule, I stream a playthrough of Touhou games

Register