Author Topic: Eminence in Anime - The M@ster Anime Thread Beyond Viewing's End  (Read 15346 times)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Re: Eminence in Anime - The M@ster Anime Thread Beyond Viewing's End
« Reply #270 on: 02 July 2024, 05:25:35 »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-07-01/clamp-magic-knight-rayearth-manga-gets-new-anime-project/.212711

The 80s are coming back.
Understandable, new good isakei material is hard to come by nowadays and this would be good opportunity for upgrading the animation quality. 
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme & Nebula Confederation

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #271 on: 02 July 2024, 06:45:47 »
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-07-01/clamp-magic-knight-rayearth-manga-gets-new-anime-project/.212711

The 80s are coming back.
i always feared this would happen..and remakes will be bad...i mean bad as bad not as bad 80s awesome
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Sedition makes me Platinum Mukatsuku!
    • Check out the anime I've seen & reviewed!
« Reply #272 on: 02 July 2024, 07:06:53 »
On the one hand, Rayearth is definitely worthy! On the other hand, the Rayeaeth anime is practically perfect and stands up well even today. There are probably dozens of anime from the early Heisei era that really need a remake since the original was so botched. Still, here's to the original CLAMP serial getting some love & attention!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #273 on: 02 July 2024, 09:40:20 »
Japan's been in nostalgia mode for anime for a bit. They're just ramping into full gear now, lots of key anniversary dates floating around. Besides Rayearth and Ranma, they're revisiting Rose of Versailles too. This'll be a movie though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxA2wEndpTg&pp=ygUScm9zZSBvZiB2ZXJzYWlsbGVz

Not quite a remake, but I feel emblematic of this,Studio Pierrot's getting back into the magical girl business too. (40th anniversary of Creamy Mami). Details are scarce but teaser is below.
https://youtu.be/2noyoRImXL8

EDIT: Also, Rayearth was mid-90s. :D
Now when is Clamp gonna finish the rest of Sakura?

« Last Edit: 02 July 2024, 09:47:22 by Istal_Devalis »

Istal_Devalis

• Major
Ranma trailer is out. Damn it's pretty. https://youtu.be/TT7MWy9oLf8
And it sounds like they got most of the original cast back too. Looks like they're getting to the Shampoo arc at the least.

elf25s

• Major
no...its a fresh batch...like lum
and they really took their time with picking actors to lum
lum and ataru almost sound the same as originals
tbh i was hoping to get rumikos theater shorts extended...the cast from that was top notch and they did it without computer assists
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Istal_Devalis

• Major
no...its a fresh batch...like lum
...No, it most distinctly is not a fresh batch. The Ranma remake is using most of the original cast. The only exceptions so far are Genma and Soun. Besides the fact I'd recognize Megumi Hayashibara and Noriko Hidaka anywhere, they actually have the cast list in the video description.

Ranma Saotome : Kappei Yamaguchi
Ranma : Megumi Hayashibara
Akane Tendo : Noriko Hidaka
Nabiki Tendo : Minami Takayama
Kasumi Tendo : Kikuko Inoue
Soun Tendo : Akio Otsuka
Genma Saotome : Cho
Ryoga Hibiki : Koichi Yamadera
Shampoo : Rei Sakuma
Narrator : Kenichi Ogata

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I hope they're going to change things up with it more than that trailer makes it seem.  Ranma 1/2 may have been the originator of a lot of things that have since become anime staples, but that makes a lot of what it did rather stale.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
You could also have just acknowledged Istal was right. The Japanese literate can be trusted to tell you what's going on without ANN.

MadCapellan

• Furibunda Scriptorem
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
I hope they're going to change things up with it more than that trailer makes it seem.  Ranma 1/2 may have been the originator of a lot of things that have since become anime staples, but that makes a lot of what it did rather stale.

Honestly, I'm a little bit disappointed to see this is MAPPA doing the new series. David Productions did so well with the Urusei Yatsura remake I was hoping they'd be doing this one too. I'm a little afraid that MAPPA is going to hew too close to the original in a way that will end up adding little to the project. The early seasons of the Ranma 1/2 anime were pretty accurate to the manga, but the latter parts of Nettohen deviated significantly. I'd rather see those parts redone & summarized than a shot for shot remake of season one. 

elf25s

• Major
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMUfoCcd7bc
well this popped in my feed
and no i the old batch definetly does not sound liketheir old work
and sound new...but thats due to them being older and lacking energy they had 30 years back

Luciora

• Major
Wonder if Ranma's music will be as listenable as the original series.  I have a number of the original CDs that I still listen to when the mood strikes.  (Well, quite a number of CDs from animes of the era.)

Istal_Devalis

• Major
Ran-chan with pinkish hair is going to take some getting used to. I'm used to the red in the anime.

You could also have just acknowledged Istal was right. The Japanese literate can be trusted to tell you what's going on without ANN.
Not Japanese literate, but Mappa provided an English translation in the description that was easily accessible. I just copy pasted that. NM that I recognised the voices :D

and no i the old batch definetly does not sound liketheir old work
and sound new...but thats due to them being older and lacking energy they had 30 years back
Uh huh. Also they're not in a sound booth during that so it's going to effect their voice quality.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:04:11 by Istal_Devalis »

elf25s

• Major
didnt the original cast had a group called ribbon for few years?
an majority went on with rather good music and singing careers? megumi i think still sings and writes songs...

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
Nabiki's voice actress went on to form Two Mix, and there was the DoCoMo group back in the day with the major girls from the show.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

Register