Author Topic: Mercenaries Kickstarter Discussion 6: the 1st 3rd Star League conversation  (Read 73179 times)

2DarkWolf2

• Recruit
Isn’t that already done when they charge shipping? I think the answer is something like 36 hours ago.

Yeah that sounds logical but they charged my shipping yesterday and the "Your address has been locked" line is still greyed out in Backerkit. Just hoping thats ok.

DW

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
Could somebody who's going attend today's Newsday please ask what shipping company is being used? I'm curious.
I have spoken.

MarauderD

• Major
Could somebody who's going attend today's Newsday please ask what shipping company is being used? I'm curious.

And now that we know that Force Manual: Davion is in stock but will be released with the KS, do we have a street date?  Late June?

Aresneo

• Master Sergeant
And now that we know that Force Manual: Davion is in stock but will be released with the KS, do we have a street date?  Late June?
It has been moved to July because enough people complained about it possibly being available at retail before Kickstarter backer's getting their copies, despite it not actually being a part of the Kickstarter.

MarauderD

• Major
It has been moved to July because enough people complained about it possibly being available at retail before Kickstarter backer's getting their copies, despite it not actually being a part of the Kickstarter.

Ouch.  I purposefully didn't put in my KS order so I could get it before, lol.  Was this information from the forums?

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Ouch.  I purposefully didn't put in my KS order so I could get it before, lol.  Was this information from the forums?

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84184.msg2008614#msg2008614

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant

It’s been pushed back until Thursday

butchbird

• Master Sergeant
  • 'Just a Veteran Lurker
401 Games (https://store.401games.ca/pages/search-results?q=battletech) has the mercs content listed for pre-order. If those prices hold, even with high shipping to Canada, this KS was a good deal for me.

Interesting. Couldn't refrain from doing the math...come out near to even as far as maps and miniatures are concerned, becomes a fair deal when you factor in the dices, posters and the like, this for roughly a battalion level pledge with quebec level taxes.

As long as there are no problems with the shipping, I'll be merry.

Kithran

• Recruit
Well as I feared the shipping cost update and charging occurred while I was on holiday so wasn't able to check until now - it does appear they have made a major error on VAT for the UK as books are zero-rated for VAT but VAT has simply been applied to the full amount of pledge + add-ons. In most cases this would be relatively minor however in my case I had $899.99 in books as addons so this did make a big difference in what was charged compared to what should be charged. I have raised this with Catalyst via the contact me button on kickstarter so hopefully it will be sorted soon but figured I'd post here in case there are any other UK backers who may be in a similar situation.

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
Same goes with the VAT in Germany. Books have a lowered VAT but they used the standart value.
I  contacted them via Backerkit whom then forwarded my concern to CGL.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
Some people mentioned contacting CGL about their VAT via the same process as used to contest the shipping charges and got a discount or store credit.  Might be worth still trying?
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Euphonium

• Captain
  • Look Ma, no Faction!
Well as I feared the shipping cost update and charging occurred while I was on holiday so wasn't able to check until now - it does appear they have made a major error on VAT for the UK as books are zero-rated for VAT but VAT has simply been applied to the full amount of pledge + add-ons. In most cases this would be relatively minor however in my case I had $899.99 in books as addons so this did make a big difference in what was charged compared to what should be charged. I have raised this with Catalyst via the contact me button on kickstarter so hopefully it will be sorted soon but figured I'd post here in case there are any other UK backers who may be in a similar situation.

Some people mentioned contacting CGL about their VAT via the same process as used to contest the shipping charges and got a discount or store credit.  Might be worth still trying?

UK backer here - I contacted CGL about VAT being charged on the books in my order, and gave them a breakdown of what was VAT-able and what was not and showed the correct VAT for my order, and they gave me a credit equal to the excess VAT being charged. I had a much smaller value of books on my order though.
>>>>[You're only jealous because the voices don't talk to you]<<<<

MarauderD

• Major
UK backer here - I contacted CGL about VAT being charged on the books in my order, and gave them a breakdown of what was VAT-able and what was not and showed the correct VAT for my order, and they gave me a credit equal to the excess VAT being charged. I had a much smaller value of books on my order though.

Nice gesture on their part.  When I lived in Europe I was always shocked to see VAT added to stuff.
Similar feeling when you come from a state without sales tax and move to a state that has it, the first time you see it you are shocked.     

Kithran

• Recruit

For reference they have already corrected this - backerkit now shows a refund of $180 to my credit card and a $180 credit applied rather than a change to the vat amount but either way I don't owe anything.

shivanwurm

• Lieutenant
Hatamoto from the new paint guide

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website

source: Turn-A gundam
« Last Edit: 17 May 2024, 15:20:13 by glitterboy2098 »

House Davie Merc

• Lieutenant
I can't wait to get the pack with the  Hatamoto-Chi!

That reminds me that I have to get back to work on finishing one of the old
Somerset University Mech Maintanence Facilities.
To my knowledge prior to the coming Somerset Strikers Forcepack the only
officially licensed items from the TV show that were made to be used in game
were the Geo-Hex series of Battletech Structures.
A lance sized mechbay , HPG building, power station, and barracks were made in mech scale.
I've got them mostly done.
I really wanted to make a building to look like the university building as well for the 40th
anniversary but life keeps changing my plans.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?

Didn't know there was a new paint guide. Thanks for the heads up.
I have spoken.

2DarkWolf2

• Recruit
My address line in Backerkit changed to locked today with the message "You're done! Your project creator locked your shipping address, so your rewards are being prepared for shipment.". So it looks like it's moving along.

DW

Teejay75

• Private
Someone did ask and Rem said it was QML. I think I remember someone stating FedEx will be the domestic carrier.

My address line in Backerkit changed to locked today with the message "You're done! Your project creator locked your shipping address, so your rewards are being prepared for shipment.". So it looks like it's moving along.

DW
I want you to know I almost dropped my phone and broke it trying to see if my address has been locked! It hasn't. :sad:

Now I'm questioning if I'll be in Wave 1 or 2. I locked in my pledge last year and my card was charged on 5/22/23. I paid my shipping. Anyone care to hazard a guess? I reeeally want my little robotic stompy piles of plastic crack!
« Last Edit: 17 May 2024, 16:48:43 by Teejay75 »

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
Naturally, any excitement at the shipping having been set is tempered by the fact that it might well come during the week I'm on holiday, because that would be true to form.

Teejay75

• Private
I was perusing the comment section on KS to see if there was any information about which wave of shipping people would be in. The amount of negativity is astounding! It seems like a lot of people were expecting shipping to be $20 or something along those lines and are acting like they expected the packages to arrive a week after the campaign ended. While I can certainly understand being impatient when there's something you want very badly and it hasn't arrived yet, I also understand that things take time. I thought CGL has done a pretty good job of being honest and transparent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol and venom being spewed out. If I ever back another KS, I will definitely be steering clear of the comments section!

DarkSpade

• Major

A lance sized mechbay , HPG building, power station, and barracks were made in mech scale.
I really wanted to make a building to look like the university building as well for the 40th

For minis, I think so, but there was a source book for them.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I was perusing the comment section on KS to see if there was any information about which wave of shipping people would be in. The amount of negativity is astounding! It seems like a lot of people were expecting shipping to be $20 or something along those lines and are acting like they expected the packages to arrive a week after the campaign ended. While I can certainly understand being impatient when there's something you want very badly and it hasn't arrived yet, I also understand that things take time. I thought CGL has done a pretty good job of being honest and transparent. I just don't understand the level of vitriol and venom being spewed out. If I ever back another KS, I will definitely be steering clear of the comments section!

"Steer clear of the comments section" is good advice in general.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Greatclub

• Captain

Shipping used to be a lot cheaper. In fact, early in KS's history it wasn't unusual for shipping to be included in the pledge. That did change fast when creators started getting burned.

Wasn't any better about  blowing the timeline though.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
I opted for the credit instead of lowering of the shipping. Does anyone know when that will be handed out??
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Teejay75

• Private
I opted for the credit instead of lowering of the shipping. Does anyone know when that will be handed out??
I think they said it would be once everyone was charged. Gotta decide what to do with my $15! LOL! I'll probably end up applying it to one of the Star League boxes.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die

Yeah, there's a contingent of jerks out there who will take every opportunity to level the most vicious vitriol at Catalyst. I won't get into the whys of the whole issue or how it's being spread. One only needs look at what they're saying and how they're saying it to understand that they're not being reasonable. It's best to ignore them.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
Hey guys, Quick question: Since I paid for the shipping today, Would that possibly mean that my orders will be in the first wave of shipping maybe ??
« Last Edit: 18 May 2024, 05:18:31 by Deathknight69 »
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

jrvk777

• Sergeant

Looking forward to the photos of the terrain pieces when done.  :cool:

Register