Author Topic: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!  (Read 43002 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!
« Reply #930 on: 30 August 2024, 21:53:43 »
Watching WWE Smackdown tonight in Berlin and there was a Urbanmech sighting tonight. It ended up getting squashed by a Annihilator
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: What movies/tv are we watching part XXX, Back into the fray!
« Reply #931 on: 30 August 2024, 23:12:40 »
Finally caught Blue Beetle.  I actually loved it..  Was surprised at all the negative reviews i heard of..  Not sure why they were that way..  It was funny as heck.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Finally caught Blue Beetle.  I actually loved it..  Was surprised at all the negative reviews i heard of..  Not sure why they were that way..  It was funny as heck.

Well, a lot of people are feeling burned out on origin stories, and DC films for the last few years leading up to BB's release had basically annihilated any goodwill people felt for the franchise.

And dare I say it but there's a vocal and unpleasant segment of the fanbase that's made it their mission in life to trash and review-bomb anything they perceive as not catering to their specific and narrow set of tastes.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
Welp, I tried watching Rings of Power Season 2 episode 1, but it was so awful I couldn't see more than 5 minutes of it. That's a part of life I will never get back.

NightSarge

• Captain
  • Clan Coyote fan
Starship Highlander
"Nemo my name forevermore"
Nightwish - Nemo

elf25s

• Major
nautilus season 1
a ok take on julius vernes 20k under the sea book with kevin j anderson elements taken from nemo
would had been better if the forced theme women are strong and all  men are clods and stupid would not had been forced into the story...
i still enjoyed it a bit more than the version of it with michael kane from 1997 which had very strong female character and was balanced with the story
and nautilus itself looks as classic as the disneys 1950s nautilus
btw some one already made a 3d stls for the ship already and it looks beautiful...
and pics of current and 1950s model side by side are breath taking in their design

btw i may hav a bias since i always loved the 20k leagues under the sea for book and movies
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
Hmm, I didn't even know such a series existed. I'm a fan of classic sci-fi so I checked around and...

Looked promising since Captain Nemo seems accurate from the source material, but... it got cancelled after 1 season. And its a Disney production, so I wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole since they've done nothing good for the past ten years (except Mando S1 and 2).

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
I’m pleased to report that Big Trouble in Little China is just as good as I remember.
Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
I’m pleased to report that Big Trouble in Little China is just as good as I remember.

heard there might be a sequel in the making... I know that it is a stretch but I am hoping that it is better than the sequels, prequals, reboots currently being churned out.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
I have trouble believing that any sequel this many years removed from the original could be better.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register