Author Topic: What mechs are a great idea but really poor implimentation/comparison?  (Read 7162 times)

Charistoph

• Major
Remember, Elementals originally only needed 10 damage to die (and the rules could be read to imply any "overkill" transferred to another suit as well, thought I don't think that was intended). It was changed to 11 points a few years later.

Not really.  It was 11 points in the 1990 Battletech Compendium and no hint of Damage transfer is mentioned in there.  That was the same year as TRO: 3050 and the year after Lethal Heritage were printed.  I don't know of any mention of Elementals before that.  The first CityTech was only 4 years old when it came out.
Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?
Quote from: Megavolt
They called me crazy…they called me insane…THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.

Charistoph's Painted Products of Mechanical Mayhem

Greatclub

• Captain
there's a story it was intended to be 10, but the box with the number (or man, I don't recall) in it confused people, then FASA ran with it.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
Definitely a story but the rules have been the same for awhile.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Sellsword

• Warrant Officer
there's a story it was intended to be 10, but the box with the number (or man, I don't recall) in it confused people, then FASA ran with it.

Original TRO 3050.  Page 225.  "Each suit of BattleArmor has an armor value of 10 points.  For simplicity's sake in BattleTech, the armor is considers to be in a single "location.  If all armor is destroyed, the Elemental trooper inside is out of action."

However the BattleArmor Record Sheets in the same TRO go from 00 -10 which gives you 11.  So yes.  It was initially confusing.

The 1990 Compendium does "clarify" and states 11 points.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2024, 22:41:39 by Sellsword »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
Good old FASA and their lack of fact checking.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Register