Author Topic: (Answered) C3 computers and SRCS drone commands  (Read 489 times)

Lincolnator

• Recruit
(Answered) C3 computers and SRCS drone commands
« on: 19 April 2024, 00:53:03 »
Hey there! I made sure to read through the posting rules this time, so this should be a much better post than my last one.  I made sure to check the relevant errata thread and search the site and everything.

This should be a very simple question to answer too, just a yes/no answer. 

So, on pp. 134 of IO:AA, in the section describing what units can be a valid control unit for SRCS drones to recieve orders from, it says this:
Control Unit Requirements: Any unit weighing 200 tons or less in total mass must have functioning sensors and at least 3 tons of communications equipment, a C3 command computer, an improved C3 computer, or a cockpit command console, in order to act as a robotic Control Unit. Units so equipped can send 1 command to robotic units per turn for each such piece of equipment possessed (to a minimum of 1 command sent per turn). For example, a BattleMech that features both a cockpit command console and an improved C3 computer would be able to send 2 commands to friendly robotic units per turn.
It is unclear to me whether or not the "C3 Command Computer" is a C3 Master or if it could also be a C3 slave.  I assume it is a master, as drone commands require a cockpit command console or 3 tons of comms equipment otherwise, but I thought I should clarify what exactly it meant. 

It would be really cool to have every 1t C3 slave be able to issue drone commands, but that seems a little too OP. 

I suppose it could mean that integrated drone control is exclusive to C3i computers, and a C3 command computer is actually talking about an SDS system or naval C3 or something, but there isn't any page reference there and I read through the SDS rules (which are adjacent to this section) and couldn't find anything called a "C3 Command Computer" beyond naval C3. 

For now I will work on the assumption that it meant a C3 master exclusively. 

Edit: It has occured to me that a C3 emergency master might count for this.  Would a C3 emergency master be able to issue drone commands while active?
« Last Edit: 14 June 2024, 14:29:56 by Hammer »

Lincolnator

• Recruit
Bumping the thread a month later

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Re: (Research) C3 computers and SRCS drone commands
« Reply #2 on: 14 June 2024, 14:29:47 »
Any active piece of C3 equipment with the word 'Master' in the name counts as a command computer in this context.

This includes C3 Masters, C3 Boosted Masters, C3 Emergency Masters, and any similar gear that may be published in the future.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Register