Author Topic: My running days are over  (Read 1208 times)

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: My running days are over
« Reply #30 on: 09 May 2024, 05:16:17 »
Does anyone have suggestions for non-impact cardio that isn't swimming?
Bungee-jumping or sky diving?  :huh:

I mean, if neither of those gets your heart rate up, it's Probably because you're already dead!   :shocked:
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #31 on: 09 May 2024, 13:57:30 »
What about zip lining, or wind surfing?
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 09 May 2024, 15:58:26 »
Try table-top air-hockey: you're not moving your legs.

Or rowing.

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 13 May 2024, 08:37:40 »

I stopped working out with weights years ago because my chest just expands to the point where I need to buy a whole new wardrobe lol. Even pushups does it.

That was actually a downside when I changed from being a runner to weightlifting.  My favorite($$) suit no longer fits.  I'm still saving it for when I become a withered old man I can wear it again.

CrossfirePilot

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 31 May 2024, 19:50:56 »
Played tennis against my 10yo this morning.  Thought he would have been at least a teen before catching up to me...

Btw.  Been taking some extra doses of Vit C, Zinc, and Turmeric lately.  helping with various inflammation issues.

Triptych

• Lieutenant
    • My Amazon Author Page
« Reply #35 on: 31 May 2024, 23:17:14 »
Played tennis against my 10yo this morning.  Thought he would have been at least a teen before catching up to me...

Btw.  Been taking some extra doses of Vit C, Zinc, and Turmeric lately.  helping with various inflammation issues.
Yeah I take multivitamins daily. My doctor recommended collagen supplements, but theyre expensive as hell because he told me I needed to swallow like 3 pills a day!  :shocked:

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #36 on: 31 May 2024, 23:45:43 »
For sure on the Vitamin C and Zinc helping.  I also take a couple vitamins.

The working out is really not so bad.  I put together this hour long routine so that I would have no excuses, I can always find time.  My whole deal was I let myself get out of shape since 2019 or so.  Now I'm taking it back while I'm still in my 40's.

Tomorrow will be 15 workouts in 30 days.  I've been pushing hard to keep up an every other day pace and it's paying off, I feel it.  So now I'm going for 30 workouts in 60 days next.  One workout at a time. 

And getting a little walking in as well, now that the weather is so damned nice! 
« Last Edit: 01 June 2024, 00:05:57 by rebs »
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #37 on: 01 June 2024, 05:07:57 »
Good on you!  I built at least a minimal workout into my daily routine, so I get 5/week.  And when I have to mow the lawn, it's sufficiently vertical to count as a workout too.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #38 on: 01 June 2024, 16:00:02 »
Yeah, my routine is pretty intense upper body and some core and will build a good sweat.  So the day to rest was absolutely necessary since I'm not young anymore, even if I'm not really old yet, either...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert